• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Uncon 2004 quick summary thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too.

Although I notice there isn't a lunch break.

Lunch? Lunch! You want food when you can feast on all this lucious Forteana?

Me too.

Has an after-event boozer been selected or should I discover one for those who require an apres-wierd?

Man cannot live by Forteana alone.

Stormkhan: Wasn't there a thread about that somewhere?

Beer? Beer! You want beer after you've feasted on all this heady Forteana?

Me too.

How long until this stops being funny? My last post? Okay.

You expect me to face the paranormal without a few beers? Are you kidding? It isn't dutch courage ... it's to give sceptics reason to doubt the veracity of my witness statements. That is, when me and the rest of the Mystery Machine investigate a haunted house and Scooby's eaten all the hash cookies ... er ... scooby snacks!

At the event I should be strangely sober. After, however...

anome said:

I believe it was this very one ;) A few pages back. Not many suggestions, though.

anome said:

Dunno. There's so many pages of posts, I can't read them all at work without someone sussing out what I'm doing. I might try tonight, at home.

Then again, Never Mind The Buzzcocks is on.

Stormkhan said:
You expect me to face the paranormal without a few beers? Are you kidding? It isn't dutch courage ... it's to give sceptics reason to doubt the veracity of my witness statements. That is, when me and the rest of the Mystery Machine investigate a haunted house and Scooby's eaten all the hash cookies ... er ... scooby snacks!

At the event I should be strangely sober. After, however...
I don't think you need beer to ruin your credibility...

Seriously, this was discussed but noone came to any conclusions. Chanubi suggested The Jolly Gardeners on Coburg street I think. And that's about it really.

Ha! My manager has gone out for a fag!

I shall have a quick scout in the area for a couple of alternative boozers and let everyone else decide.

Anome: My credibility hasn't been ruined. Merely tarnished, twisted and abused.
:D

Ahem... This one might be worth consideration, being completely tea-total and a paragon of sobriety I really couldn't tell you

Isn't there a bar called Sahara Nights or something round Kings Cross? That's quite nice. Very big.

I don't know why I'm chipping in, I'm not even going :rolleyes:

There's a pub (something like The Railwayman?) right on the corner of Eversholt St. within sight of the Friends Hall and Euston Station. What about that 'un?

we need a pub that sells real ale :_pished: :D

Think I've lost a few pms somehow. My 'big' pooter sacks off and mangles popups so if pms arrive when I'm on there (rather than laptop) they seem to dissolve.
So if I'm behind with any pms on the subject of Uncon please let me off.

In one week's time I will officially be on leave to go to UnCon. Which means in a bit over 8 days, I'll be on a plane to the UK.

Organised? Not yet.

As for a pub, I've heard there's a chap called Stringfellow who runs one somewhere in London. Is that any good? We could go there.

Really? I had no idea...

Anome - the area is on my home from work; I'll pop in and scout out the pubs. I shall also consult my CAMRA London pub guide.

Oh, good.

BTW: Does the Windmill still do live comedy? I've been interested in checking it out, because of the historical significance...

Stormkhan said:
There's a pub (something like The Railwayman?) right on the corner of Eversholt St. within sight of the Friends Hall and Euston Station. What about that 'un?

It's not Paddy O'Murphy's is it? (generic oirish pub etc.) Or is that the one outside St Pancras?

There's a Railway Pub inside Euston Station, as I recall. Not sure I ever saw anyone in there though...

Railway pubs are generally rather rough I always thought. I would hate the idea of one of the chaps getting a punch up the throat for looking at someone's pint.

It's alright Beak, I'll protect them.;)

Cider, also known as "All Mouth, No Trousers".

Cider said:
Cider, also known as "All Mouth, No Trousers".
That's how I likes me women...

Hang on. better not post this one. Where's the cancel button?

In my experience (as little as it is) station pubs in the mainline stations of London tend to be clinical, pale-wood decoration, real ale lacking ... and dull.

Anyhooo, if it all kicks off ... I'll scream like a siren, hide behind Cider and make useful - if tactically unfair - suggestions for targets.

Stormkhan said:
Anyhooo, if it all kicks off ... I'll scream like a siren, hide behind Cider and make useful - if tactically unfair - suggestions for targets.

I'll bring a suitably lethal handbag ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back