• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Weird Personal Names

this was on the news a few years ago

little girl called

porche carrera two

i cant remember what her surname was though..

Orbyn said:
There's also a mountain in either Switzerland or Austria called Mount Titlis. Ahem.

And there's Lake Titisee in southwestern Germany.

Carole

From a local Phone Book:

People

P Furby
K Funkie
C Funck
A Fun
Isacc Hunt
P Hannibal
S Vinyard
A Virgin
A Tyres
K Gorf
KM Gotobed
S P Quibell

And of course - that town in Cornwall:

Looe

well my name is rori...and i'm a girl and rory is a boyz name...u can imagine my anger at my parnts...!

i was chatting to my 5 year old cousin, and i asked her about her friends...she replied: 'my best friends name is shagoofta '
i kid you not!!!!
i was in hysterics for a full 15 minutes, and still occasionally chuckle over it...:D

there is a HOE street sumwhere in birmingham...or bristol?:confused:

There's an Ogle Street in London, and it has a nurses home in it! How perfect is that? :D

Re: From a local Phone Book:

Reiteoir said:
. . .And of course - that town in Cornwall:

Looe
Don't start on Cornwall - you'll never stop.
Try Twelve o'Clock Rock just up Trink Hill from Cripplesease
or Rose an Grouse just a couple of miles from Grumbla
or Praze an Beeble or Lower and Highe Ninnies as well as Ninnesbridge, Break My Neck Farm,

Re: Re: From a local Phone Book:

intaglio said:
Don't start on Cornwall - you'll never stop.
Try Twelve o'Clock Rock just up Trink Hill from Cripplesease
or Rose an Grouse just a couple of miles from Grumbla
or Praze an Beeble or Lower and Highe Ninnies as well as Ninnesbridge, Break My Neck Farm,

Dont you just love being part of it though, beautiful and funny...the county that is.

Like Cujo's brother, I am a civil servant who collects (real) names. I think my all-time favourite is "Nesta Fowles".

One Cornish name that always puzzles me is Indian Queens - what's the origin of that, then?

Carole

ill tell ya wat bugs me: celebs who are desperate for media attention and giving their poor, poor kids shameful names they would no doubt be bullied for in school. for example...

*peaches
*cream
*fifi trixibelle
*tiger lily
*brooklyn
*anais
*woody (ahem)
*diesel (though, thankfully they changed his name to dylan)
*leaf
*river
*phoenix chi (tho i must admit...it's rather cool)

and these are jst da ones i can remember...damn u celebs, DAMN U!!
but nothing beats SHAGOOFTA :D damn im still in fits!!!!!!!!!

Isn't one of Frank Zappa's kids called Moon Unit? And of course there is my all time favourite Zowie Bowie, although hasn't he changed his name recently?

moon unit?!?!?!?

i rest my case
watz victoria beckhams next kis gonna be called? beckingham palace?!?!?
i have been collecting strange names from people from my school. the strangest one so far is arifa moosa but my name is the wierdest :( people have gotten over teasing bout it (well the mature ones have) but dang, it pisses me off!!
thanks a lot, mum and dad!!!!!!!!
also i have a mate, she's a girl. at birth she was named Ricky, but had it legally changed when her parents reconsidered. thank god. but i am eternally stuck with rori. well i can still change it cant i (im 13)??? but ive grown fond of it......

Don't Knock It!

Its an anglicised form of
(German) famous ruler. (Gaelic) red king; ruddy. (Irish) red king. Anglicized form of Ruairi' (red, rust colored). The name was born by Rory O'Conner, the last high king of Ireland, who reigned from 1166 to 1170.
'taint a bad name

hallybods said:
Isn't one of Frank Zappa's kids called Moon Unit? And of course there is my all time favourite Zowie Bowie, although hasn't he changed his name recently?

...and Zappa's other child was called Dweezil. (Actually, if you read Zappa's autobiog neither of them are actually called that. They're just nicknames, which Zappa convinced a journo were genuine)

Marc Bolan's son was named Rolan.

vampira said:
ill tell ya wat bugs me: celebs who are desperate for media attention and giving their poor, poor kids shameful names they would no doubt be bullied for in school.

You forgot:

Satchel (Woody Allen)

Dylan (Pierce Brosnan)

Carole

carole said:
You forgot:

Satchel (Woody Allen)

Dylan (Pierce Brosnan)

Carole

whoopsie! dylan aint 2 bad. doz ne1 else think pierce and his sons are HOTTTT??
ok then, what do u ot think?? do people hav the right to give their kids weird names? is it up to them, or should they think of their kiddos??

vamps

Kids all have weird names now, especially in parts of the US. I think a child would get teased for being dull if it was called John in some schools in London. Except if it was a girl obviously.

Well, of course they have the right to name them anything they want, but it would be NICE if they would take the kid into consideration...

And yes, Vampira, I think Pierce is WAY HOTTT!!! I had a page on my website (when it was up and running) that had a few of the celebs that I think are hotties on it...

You can still get to it here: http://www.geocities.com/sweet_n_sazzychick/yummy

Oh, and I think the meanest name given by a celeb goes to Sonny and Cher when they named their daughter Chastity.

Glensheen'sGirl said:
Well, of course they have the right to name them anything they want, but it would be NICE if they would take the kid into consideration...

And yes, Vampira, I think Pierce is WAY HOTTT!!! I had a page on my website (when it was up and running) that had a few of the celebs that I think are hotties on it...

You can still get to it here: http://www.geocities.com/sweet_n_sazzychick/yummy

Oh, and I think the meanest name given by a celeb goes to Sonny and Cher when they named their daughter Chastity.

3 out 4 of those guys have mullets. if your a fan of mullets there's plenty of website out there dedicated to men with mullets.

in my school we have a girl called avashag, and a history teacher name of mr. heritage.
the ku klux klan adopted a highway which was subsequently named by the authority "rosa parks highway".

mrchopper said:
3 out 4 of those guys have mullets. if your a fan of mullets there's plenty of website out there dedicated to men with mullets.

I don't think Kevin Sorbo's locks are considered a mullet. At least not in my opinion.

I work in a callcenter, and sometimes people have some strange names. I don't usually laugh at them but yesterday I had a problem. The contact persons surname was boniface, pronounced bunnyface. I just couldn't stop laughing, and I was on the phone.

thnx 4 makin me laff!

avashag...haha!
mullets..hahaha!
pierce brosnan is v. nice;) but a bit old 4 me :(
his son is fiittttttttttt!! u know, the one hu got busted 4 beating up a man hu slagged of his gal...aaw, what a knight!!!!!:D

meanwhile peeps, avashag amogst urselfs!! (shagoofta!)

vamps

ps: xanatic. u meanie!!!!!!!!!!! (i dnt blame u, though!!)

Xanatic said:
I work in a callcenter, and sometimes people have some strange names. I don't usually laugh at them but yesterday I had a problem. The contact persons surname was boniface, pronounced bunnyface. I just couldn't stop laughing, and I was on the phone.

I had the same problem at work when I took a call from a man called Mr Jelly!

Carole

I used to have to speak to a guy by phone twice a week to get progress reports. His name, though slightly odd, never caused any amusement until South Park came along.

His name? Mr Hankie.

Poor bugger....

And as for his kids.....:eek:

And there was Mr Shirtliffe, whose name became transformed into Mr Shirtlifter.

Oh, I'm so sorry if I'm offending any of you lot if you have names the same or similar to the above . . .

Carole

oh yeah....at primary there was a boy called diphy manga. and a gal called charity, tho i think thats quite a sweet name. oh, and i remember a mrs braiserres. that is all. for now. :D

Some more real names- Neta Lawn; Roman Sandler; Sheiny New; Norman Church; Viola Stringer; Frank Stares; Rosy Rust; Earle Grey; Olive Green; Washington Matters; Myrtle Rampant; Augustus Titter; Avis Davis; Walter Waterfall; Beryl Splatt; Cuthbert Snowball; Daphne Twitt; Egbert Haddock; Gertrude Gosling
Some real company names- Cheetham and Sharp (Lawyers); Payne and Glass; Garden and Green; Tan and Black; (and, according to a typed letter, "Reliablke Cionveyancing Serviices")
Some real Australian place names- Egg And Bacon Bay; Breakfast Creek; Diddleum Plains;
Flowerpot; Dromedary; Bunyip; Sandfly; Firefly; Penguin; Magpie; Cuckoo; Cheepie; Wee Jasper; Indented Head; Broken Head; Humpty Doo; Nar Nar Goon; Tumbi Umbi; The Risk; Success; Cooee; Dark Corner; Doubtful Creek; Legume; Number One; Nevertire; Pearshape; Putty; Snug; Wombat; Muscle Creek (sic); Goodnight

Back