• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Well, it's something.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/366131/VIDEO-Werewolf-spotted-in-terrifying-CCTV-footage

The grainy CCTV footage shows a dark creature coming out of the trees and pacing around on all fours before vanishing again

And it isn't the first time it has been spotted in the town of São Gonçalo de Campos, near Feira de Santana, in the state of Bahia.

The first person to have seen the legendary beast was a local man called Pingo.

He described it as a five-foot black monster that charged at him.

Pingo's tale of only just escaping with his life was initially met with laughter but now other locals have made reports of sightings.

A close-up shot of the mythical being has split commenters, with some believing it to be a man wearing a gorilla suit, while others believing it to have a "wolf-shaped head".

The government has slapped a 9pm curfew on the town, clearly taking the reports of the wandering beast seriously.

Man in a gorilla suit sounds right to me. It certainly doesn't look like something that's used to walking on all fours. Or something used to looking forward when on all fours.

PeteByrdie said:
It certainly doesn't look like something that's used to walking on all fours. Or something used to looking forward when on all fours.

:yeay:

It's definitely an ape of some kind, not just a man in a suit.

Jeans? I didn't see any jeans...

Nope - couldn't see 'em.

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Mythopoeika said:
Jeans? I didn't see any jeans...
00:40 - 00:44 ?
I find it too blurry to make anything in particular out other than the facial shape. The facial shape may be a mask or a creature of some sort, not enough detail for me to tell the difference.

Obviously it's too blurry to be worth much, but to me the joints seem all wrong for a person. The elbows are bent the wrong way and are set too far down the arm.

If it were a real shapeshifter, having pants might mean it was human but not at the time the video was captured.

The facial features ring somewhat true to me, having researched dogmen/werewolves way too much and knowing several people who've personally claimed to see one (and frequenting their sighting location got me closely acquainted to the phenomenon). An awkwardly hideous pig-like/dog-like snout is a trend; which is what we've got here in the video.

But overall, just too blurry. Who was it that said, "Maybe bigfoot is blurry in real life." ? Love that.

Don't know whether I can see jeans or not, but I'm pretty sure I can see the strap that's holding his mask on.

All I can say is that even if it is real it's still a bit rubbish - an entire sub-genre of horror wiped out by one dithering, short-arsed, jumper-wearing, pointy ape faced quadruped.

Lon Chaney will be turning in his grave.

I can't say I'm entirely convinced. You'd think, if it was a real creature, they'd be some facial movement. Eyes blinking, lips twitching, ears flicking, that kind of thing. It seems far too static, especially the close up when the teeth look exactly the same throughout. Just like it's a mask.

Calling shenannigans on this one.

The first definitely looks more like a person in costume riding the springy legs as people missing part of one or both legs do.
The second, the Brasilian looks very much like a mask.

Expedition X has an episode coming up about the Wisconsin Werewolf. Yeah, they're not the best of hosts, and they miss information we've seen here, but maybe there's something new to be report.

The first definitely looks more like a person in costume riding the springy legs as people missing part of one or both legs do.
That's what I was thinking thinking of - the running prosthetic blades that athletes, who've lost their lower legs, use to compete.

Try to ignore the commentaries.

Can't. They are absurd and dumb. It's "not a hoax" because experts say it's authentic? The picture or the creature? So many leaps made. These stories appeal to such basic fears but they also reflect complex social attitudes. The truth (a viral joke via an elaborate effort ) can be stranger than fiction (a werewolf). People are weird.

Prefer this Brazilian sighting for those freakish shanks:

Egad! Not just a werewolf, but a "hybrid werewolf". That is the offspring of a normal common or garden variety werewolf, and... well, something else.

It may be part simulacrum, but in some of the images, it appears to me to be wearing a tailcoat. Very sophisticated indeed. Perhaps the result of a dalliance between Basil Brush and a naive young werewolfette?

Egad! Not just a werewolf, but a "hybrid werewolf". That is the offspring of a normal common or garden variety werewolf, and... well, something else.

It may be part simulacrum, but in some of the images, it appears to me to be wearing a tailcoat. Very sophisticated indeed. Perhaps the result of a dalliance between Basil Brush and a naive young werewolfette?
Boom Boom!

Back