What Common, Everyday Occurrence Do You Find Strange?

mejane

Justified & Ancient
I've been wondering for the past few days what to write on the "What is the meaning of life" thread, but I think escargot has got it just right:

Gave me a powerful insight though. I'm certain that there are people in the world who one day will remember me as someone who got through to them, just as some adults got through to me.
Leave the place a little better than when you found it :)

That's completely off-thread I know but I think it had to be said, and quoting between threads is considered rude in this strange world of ours.

Jane.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Eeek, I'm blushing now!

But you all know what I mean- kids need stability, routine, things being regular. Excitement in small doses only. They basically need to feel safe from day to day. Their homes are, or should be, their place of safety. It makes me so angry to find that some aren't safe in their own homes. (I wasn't.)

Spookyangel

Justified & Ancient
A friend sent me a book last Christmas full of quotes about the teaching profession, and I loved this one:

"Our good deeds as teachers are like stones cast into the pool of time. Though they themselves may disappear, their ripples extend to eternity."

I like to think that's true. If I've made a difference to one child's life, then it's made my teaching career worthwhile. :)

What job do you do, Escargot? It sounds so rewarding. I'm glad there are ppl like you around to help these children. :)

A

Anonymous

mejane said:
Baa?

Jane.

don't swear at me! :D

I think it's the wool.
In torbay, where the soil is red clay, we have a definite breed of pink sheep running around, especially at the height of summer.
It's unnerving. Pink sheep. Think about it, how can you be sure that you ARE seeing them and not hallucinating them?

Maybe they're envious of all the OAP pink rinses that they see around here? Who can say?