• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Dreamed my youngest daughter's boyfriend met us, I was out walking with my family somewhere. He was on the other side of a wall, inside a castle complex, and was with his family. He was shouting something about having to end the relationship and I was so angry with him that I flew (literally) over the wall and started to attack him. He then morphed into my ex husband.

I am completely non confrontational and the last person in the world to attack anyone, so can only assume that I am telling myself that I need to be more upfront about my emotions. REALLY hope this isn't a prophetic dream though, daughter and her other half seem very happy together!

Dreamed my youngest daughter's boyfriend met us, I was out walking with my family somewhere. He was on the other side of a wall, inside a castle complex, and was with his family. He was shouting something about having to end the relationship and I was so angry with him that I flew (literally) over the wall and started to attack him. He then morphed into my ex husband.

I am completely non confrontational and the last person in the world to attack anyone, so can only assume that I am telling myself that I need to be more upfront about my emotions. REALLY hope this isn't a prophetic dream though, daughter and her other half seem very happy together!

My mother once had a disturbing dream about my then partner thumping me. After that she loathed him, although she didn't tell me until after we'd split up about the dream. He did used to slap me around a bit. I slapped him too though, it was that sort of relationship.

A few mornings ago I was awoken by the smell of a really luxurious ground coffee, like an extra-creamy mocha. Delicious!
I looked over at the bedside table - no mocha. Just then Techy walked in with a mug of coffee for me. Very nice coffee, but not a posh mocha, and he hadn't sneaked himself one. I couldn't have smelled it from upstairs anyway.

Took me a while to realise that I'd dreamed it.
In fact I've only just told Techy about it as I was so crushed with disappointment on the day! :dunno:

The late actor Brian Glover was sitting on a wall wearing navy blue trousers, a white shirt and a tie. He was aged about 35-40 years old.
He told me an extremely funny joke, a one-liner so hilarious that I woke up laughing. I remembered it for a few moments after waking but it soon drifted away.

A few mornings ago I was awoken by the smell of a really luxurious ground coffee, like an extra-creamy mocha. Delicious!
I looked over at the bedside table - no mocha. Just then Techy walked in with a mug of coffee for me. Very nice coffee, but not a posh mocha, and he hadn't sneaked himself one. I couldn't have smelled it from upstairs anyway.

Took me a while to realise that I'd dreamed it.
In fact I've only just told Techy about it as I was so crushed with disappointment on the day! :dunno:
'Wake up and smell the coffee'.

The late actor Brian Glover was sitting on a wall wearing navy blue trousers, a white shirt and a tie. He was aged about 35-40 years old.
He told me an extremely funny joke, a one-liner so hilarious that I woke up laughing. I remembered it for a few moments after waking but it soon drifted away.

I had flippin' Lindsay Lohan in my dream - A LOT - last night. Want to swap? About to go to bed and wondering which celeb will greet me tonight.

dont complain, lindsay lohan is fantastic

as if to underline the fact that the best way to remember a dream is to write it down, i had a very funny dream the other night, wrote down half on this thread, thought better of it and let it go without publishing ... tonight i could only recall the first half of said dream, came here to post it, found what i had previously written still within the text box as some kind of autosave ... point at which i stopped writing = exact point up to which i can still remember the dream

... which involved ozzy osbourne and rodents ... the second half was killer, but alas now is gone

dont complain, lindsay lohan is fantastic

as if to underline the fact that the best way to remember a dream is to write it down, i had a very funny dream the other night, wrote down half on this thread, thought better of it and let it go without publishing ... tonight i could only recall the first half of said dream, came here to post it, found what i had previously written still within the text box as some kind of autosave ... point at which i stopped writing = exact point up to which i can still remember the dream

... which involved ozzy osbourne and rodents ... the second half was killer, but alas now is gone

Perhaps writing it down helped you remember it. I sometimes write down my dreams when I wake up, if they seem striking, and when I read them again months later the detail I've recorded often surprises me. It's like reading a story in a book.
At a distance I can also often see what the dreams meant at the time. My subconscious is often brutal.

Anyway... last night I dreamed that I was in charge of some kids of about 11-12, who were playing in the street in the night when they should be in bed. My home was a big stone building overlooking a European-looking square with lots of parked cars.

The other person responsible for the kids, who seemed to be my ex-husband, was in the building opposite and didn't seem to be bothering much with them. I went out to bring the kids in and found them playing with one of those lethal little kid-sized motorbikes, far too close to the expensive-looking cars.

I rounded them up and sent them to bed, and on my way back to my own bed I noticed that I could see my reflection in a window. I thought 'If I want to see myself I can look in a mirror!' and walked past one with an ornate gold oval frame. Very Baroque! It seemed too much bother to look more closely so I carried on walking past, catching a glimpse as I went.

(All this is about our bike ride yesterday. On way back we sat in the park for a breather and a snack and saw lots of kids playing happily on bikes, scooters, skates, skateboards etc. Most had parents nearby and I thought 'How nice to see families out in the sun together!'
Quite a few of these families were immigrants. The parents spoke English with accents while the kids spoke perfect English. They will go far.)

Anyway... last night I dreamed that I was in charge of some kids of about 11-12, who were playing in the street in the night when they should be in bed.
Sounds like you need to cut loose from FTMB for a while.

Last night I encountered my Nemesis. His name materialised on waking as Graw Scrotth. I overcame both his furious energy and the fear of him and can picture him readily without anxiety. I'm going with an interpretation of the demon drink, which I've been off for a full week now, though it might also be fear of pneumonia. Had a serious bronchial infection for a week that kept me out of work until Friday and saw me visit my GP twice. Since Friday I've been experiencing a dreamy optimism. I feel unbreakable. Still battling the symptoms but something is very very different in my head.

Anyway back to the dream. It was an amazing long sequence with patches of very clear narrative I won't go into. In the end, I found the weird black bird with the gold wings and took it to the Japanese monk on the rooftop. She was very happy and she smiled. She told me the icon used to be a negative omen, but now it was a fulfillment.

Woke and dwelled on those 2 themes for a good while before finding another 4 hours of sleep. I'm still physically drained, but happy. Positive. A lightness of the soul. I wonder how long it will endure.

I was showing various family members around a house I was thinking of buying. It was relatively new, new kitchen, etc, and all that needed doing was a new coat of paint on the walls (I thought they'd been painted too dark for my tastes) and that was it. My mother was walking around saying she didn't like the house, but wouldn't say why. Everyone else was getting annoyed by this attitude. I said it was a good thing that it would be my house, not hers, and she didn't have to live there. It suited me perfectly (except for the paint on the walls!)

I find out that my great-grandfather didn't die in 1974 but is still alive and living in the same house. That would make him around 118 years old although he looks as if he's in his 70's. As I was very young the last time I saw him, we are getting to know each other as adults and bonding very well.

He asks me to come and have a look at something, he thinks he's noticed something strange in one of my bank statements. These are kept in a plastic folder. I look at the statement but can't find anything wrong with it. I notice a rubber stamp mark which tells me the statement is from 1997. I explain that it's ok, an old statement and that I don't even get paper copies anymore.

At the bottom of the statement is printed "You Passed."

Passed over? I haven't sat any exams lately and the date 1997 means nothing. I did have an NHS check up earlier in the week and am waiting for results of the blood test, cholesterol etc.

I find out that my great-grandfather didn't die in 1974 but is still alive and living in the same house. That would make him around 118 years old although he looks as if he's in his 70's. As I was very young the last time I saw him, we are getting to know each other as adults and bonding very well.

He asks me to come and have a look at something, he thinks he's noticed something strange in one of my bank statements. These are kept in a plastic folder. I look at the statement but can't find anything wrong with it. I notice a rubber stamp mark which tells me the statement is from 1997. I explain that it's ok, an old statement and that I don't even get paper copies anymore.

Passed over? I haven't sat any exams lately and the date 1997 means nothing. I did have an NHS check up earlier in the week and am waiting for results of the blood test, cholesterol etc.
By funny coincidence, I was hanging out with my parents but they were 40 years younger and wearing sort of 70's clothes but in modern times, as if the younger them had time travelled to this year to meet me.

I was flying spaceship/WW2 era fighter plane hybrids amongst subterranean ruins dog fighting against Nazi-zombie pilots.

Sounds like you've just dreamed the sequel to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Sounds like you've just dreamed the sequel to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I was looking at horror films to watch, passed on Dead Snow 2. Had watched Land of the Dead early as well as a few WW2 docos.

Just a mix of that.

Last week I was on a train which pulled out of a station and then went along very slowly. I asked a train driver (on way to his next job) who was sitting nearby why this was, and he said 'We're passing over!'

For a second I thought yeah, I knew it'd happen, we're all dead and we're on that goddam TRAIN TO HELL! :omg:

However, he actually meant that we'd passed over from one set of rails to another. It's a railway term for a slightly tricky down-to-up/up to down manoeuvre.

whew

That's probably it - the dream is saying your tests will come out well.

I did have a rather strange dream about you last night (don't worry, nothing sinister! Well, not entirely. ;))
You, me and a male friend of yours were in an old stone house in the forest. There was supposed to be a ritual of some sort, but it had been raining and the house was very damp. You and the other man were worried that too much rain would prevent the ritual from working. You two were measuring the rainwater as it crept up near the doorstep.

I've no idea what the ritual was for, BTW. I was just sort of a bystander and not really in the know. The only thing I can recall is that it had to do with measurements, not just the rain, but taking measurements of the house as well. Putting chalk marks on the door and window frames.

Probably this has no meaning to you, but I thought you might want to know what you're getting up to in my dreams. :D

Last week I was on a train which pulled out of a station and then went along very slowly. I asked a train driver (on way to his next job) who was sitting nearby why this was, and he said 'We're passing over!'

For a second I thought yeah, I knew it'd happen, we're all dead and we're on that goddam TRAIN TO HELL! :omg:

However, he actually meant that we'd passed over from one set of rails to another. It's a railway term for a slightly tricky down-to-up/up to down manoeuvre.

whew

That train to hell sounds like my commutes to work every morning...

That's probably it - the dream is saying your tests will come out well.

I did have a rather strange dream about you last night (don't worry, nothing sinister! Well, not entirely. ;))
You, me and a male friend of yours were in an old stone house in the forest. There was supposed to be a ritual of some sort, but it had been raining and the house was very damp. You and the other man were worried that too much rain would prevent the ritual from working. You two were measuring the rainwater as it crept up near the doorstep.

I've no idea what the ritual was for, BTW. I was just sort of a bystander and not really in the know. The only thing I can recall is that it had to do with measurements, not just the rain, but taking measurements of the house as well. Putting chalk marks on the door and window frames.

Probably this has no meaning to you, but I thought you might want to know what you're getting up to in my dreams. :D

The old stone house in the forest and the male friend remind me of this I posted in February last year (Post 309) -
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/abandoned-disused-ruinous-places.34238/page-11

There was an old pond which we took to be the remains of a moat and it was a damp day. No rituals were performed but the friend emailed me this morning for the first time since August. He's wondering about the ethics of keeping his last ever Lovefilm disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
That train to hell sounds like my commutes to work every morning...

You're not on Southern are you? :eek:

I have a Southern First Class headrest cover here which I keep meaning to put in my car. It'd be about as signifiant in there as on the train!

You're not on Southern are you? :eek:

I have a Southern First Class headrest cover here which I keep meaning to put in my car. It'd be about as signifiant in there as on the train!
No, just the rustheaps Sydney has for trains...

I woke up with the phrase "to the far right of Max Julien" in my head in the middle of the night, which in the dream was hilarious but I couldn't remember why nanoseconds after regaining consciousness. Frustrating. Who remembers Max Julien now, anyway? OK, apart from fans of The Mack.

The old stone house in the forest and the male friend remind me of this I posted in February last year (Post 309) -
http://forum.forteantimes.com/index.php?threads/abandoned-disused-ruinous-places.34238/page-11

There was an old pond which we took to be the remains of a moat and it was a damp day. No rituals were performed but the friend emailed me this morning for the first time since August. He's wondering about the ethics of keeping his last ever Lovefilm disc.

Hmm, intriguing!

Back