• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

She was probably trying to say 'time to get breakfast, Daddy'.

That's merely the fall-back cover story. She was actually performing a sympathetic magic ritual aimed at instilling an increased desire for candy in a parent's (i.e., candy-provider's) mind.
:witch:

I was married to Trump*

, I wanted out and he insisted that I gave him the watch and bracelet he gave me, they were expensive, I said no I was keeping them, I figured I would make a fortune selling them, my sister tried to steal them for him, treacherous git. thats it

*Nightmare

One of those vivid ones -

I went out to a smart bistro and met Clare, daughter of my late erstwhile friend Sue. (We fell out some time before she died.)

Clare said happily ‘We’re going on holiday to Tunisia!’

I thought ‘Ooer, holidays there are currently cheap because of terrorism. Not sure it’s a good idea.’

I said ‘How lovely! Who are you going with?’ (Expecting to hear about a new boyfriend, perhaps.)

Her face turned into her late mother’s and she smiled said ‘I’d rather not say.’

I didn't ask any more questions as it sounded like trouble, and if it was THAT interesting and she wanted me to know she'd tell me anyway.

There's a lot more to it, about my own family and holidays; but it's the dangerous holiday bit, along with a glimpse of the dead woman's face, that's stuck in my mind. Think I'll ring Clare!

Keanu Reeves called me in for a meeting concerning a new project he was working on. He wanted to make a new Matrix film featuring the old Terminator from Terminator Genisys.

"But no-one cares about the Terminator from Terminator Genisys!" I snapped.

Keanu looked mortified.
"I do," he replied plaintively.

I dream vividly most nights but last night's were even clearer and more bizarre than usual (in the past I've had dreams that link back to dreams I had years or even decades ago and whose events can cover years in themselves):

In one I entered a garage through a rolltop door at the front. There were two parallel rows of cars inside from the 1960s all in perfect condition, cars such as a Hillman Hunter or Minx in an eggshell blue. And a Ford and a Nash (never heard of a Nash, no idea where that came from). Then a very tall and threatening man came in through the front door next to the garage door and came towards me. He then tried to knock over a set of shelves on to me though I was somehow able to prevent this by pushing against them. And then it gets really weird. I had two cylinders of wood, sort of like rolling pins, about 3cm in diameter and 45cm long and I used one to hammer the other into his right eye socket time after time to try to stop him. That woke me up...

In the other one I'd met my best friend from junior school who I last saw when he left our comprehensive at the age of 16, in 1981. We were getting on fantastically and had arranged to stay in touch and see each other 2 to 3 times a week. I asked if he had any children and then we were in a hospital and he pulled back a covering on a bed about four feet high and there was his child, only it resembled a horribly suffering bright orange orang utan. He called it his 'baby thing'. I asked about his wife and he said she'd died and was very matter of fact about it.

Get your head around that, Mr Freud!

Last edited:
I dreamt last night that I saw the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the end of my bed ..
.. at first I was afraid, I was petrified.

During the day, I had read a newspaper story of the customs officer who had slipped a live bomb into her pocket, overly-reassured that it did not contain explosives.

In my dream I was carrying a small device. At least, I partly experienced the events subjectively - the increasing heat of the thing! - and partly by voice-over or voice-in-the-head narrative. I was certainly intending to plant a bomb and I think the target was to be a pub. Movement was causing the chemicals to warm-up but I had reached the sea-front in a port and my journey was nearly at an end. It was said to be Liverpool but it was not any known Liverpool.

In any case, there was a problem. A sailing ship in the dock had caught fire. My progress along the dock was impeded by police or firemen who were tackling the blaze. I had seen others forced back but I ignored them, only to be shoved violently back by an invisible guardian. This shove was felt very realistically - a rare bit of kinetic dreaming!

The heat of the burning ship was also starting to register as I staggered backwards, feeling the bomb's own temperature suddenly rise . . .

At which point I awoke.

Probably the oddest thing was that the "bomb" was in the form one of those early electric pick-ups which incorporated heavy magnets. It had two little terminals on it, just like the ones I had been viewing on a Youtube video the previous day. My dream-self did not recognize it, however and it would have been stupid to disguise a bomb as a weird-looking, antique, electric gizmo. :sold:

Last edited:
A few nights ago I dreamt I was attending Goldsmiths, University. Not sure what I was srudying as it all took place in and around a GU Hall of Residence. Some people I know were also staying at the Hall and we were moaning about food etc. I have stayed in Raymont Hall but the dream one was in a more modern building.

last night i dreamt there was someone secretly living upstairs, like you hear about sometimes ... maybe i heard something in the night ?

A few nights ago I dreamt I was attending Goldsmiths, University. Not sure what I was srudying as it all took place in and around a GU Hall of Residence. Some people I know were also staying at the Hall and we were moaning about food etc. I have stayed in Raymont Hall but the dream one was in a more modern building.
Goldsmiths? Art or something related.

I dreamt that it was my birthday and the children had come over to celebrate. I was feeling the best I had for ages, then someone wished me a happy 97th.

I dreamt last night that I saw the ghost of Gloria Gaynor standing at the end of my bed ..
.. at first I was afraid, I was petrified.
Gold!

I'm catching my dreams about 4 times per 24 hour cycle currently, not having a job to stay awake for. Lots of stories rolling into my consciousness at REM periods, but one of interest.

There's a fly. It's buzzing around a very weak web and alighting but not getting caught. I pull some strands from somewhere and add them to the weak web to create a better trap. The fly lands and is stuck fast. 6 or 7 large spiders and beetlelike insectoids close in and the fly is captured, cocooned and devoured.

Other than those last bits, that dream sounds pretty positive to me ,, things were trying to catch you, you were nimble on that web ? .. I'm not a dreamologist but it sounds like good news ..

Thanks for the optimism, Swifty. You know, you are likely the most optimistic writer on this part of the internet. I like you.

:friends:

Thanks for the optimism, Swifty. You know, you are likely the most optimistic writer on this part of the internet. I like you.

:friends:
I WILL kill you skinny ... stop cheering me up !

I dreamt that it was my birthday and the children had come over to celebrate. I was feeling the best I had for ages, then someone wished me a happy 97th.
My Grandma has just hit her 98'th .. fuck that as far as I'm concerned to tell the truth .. I hope to be dead by about 80 and perhaps a bit more at the best. I'm glad we've still got her though.

Last edited:
I dreamt that since a storm was approaching, I had to take the bookcases in my bedroom and lay them face down on the floor, leaving the books in neat little stacks, and I couldn't figure out why I had to do this, I've never done that in other storms...

Oddly, I also had a dream which involved bookcases. I was being chased by some naughty boys and took refuge in a very odd library in a school. The room was old-fashioned and the walls were lined with rather rustic-looking glass-fronted cabinets - they were glazed with square panes of glass. Such books as I could make out were not very precious-looking.

I seemed to have eluded my pursuers so the quiet and cool of the library was refreshing. I stood for a while in a toilet cubicle but its atmosphere was strangely old and I took fright.

Back in the library, I sunk to the floor and had a good view of some boys who had gathered in a quad immediately outside the window. One shifted his position to sit or lean on a balustrade. It was at this point that my own personality in the dream became clearer: I was just a boy myself and was mentally daring the boy to glance down and see me. It was all part of a game.

Other fragments involved a group of black boys who were mooching around on a suburban street. As they grouped and regrouped, it was clear they were being choreographed by Stanley Kubrick, no less! All very odd. :dunno:

Day off today. Woke up in the early hours, put on a YouTube video about forensic science, fell asleep, half woke up, heard a couple of sentences about people lying dead for a while at home before being found, saw my own headboard and distinctive wallpaper on the screen! :eek:
It was a reflection, phew!

Then back to sleep and the mandatory day off-dream where I was late for work, finally arrived, messed about instead of getting ready, went off for first job, noticed I was wearing yellow flipflops instead of boots, rushed back to depot, tried the lift, it was already in use, damn! so waited for it to come back, and when it arrived I got in, pressed the button, up it went, and then along, and stopped at the opposite end of the building.

I jumped out and tore along corridors until I reached my office and found that I'd been signed up to training at 12 o'clock, and it was only 11, so I had plenty of time to waste after all...

This is my poor brain reminding me that I've planned to do loads of work today and musn't lie in.

Last edited:
Broad blue water bay in the sparkling sunshine. I was in the bow of an aluminium dinghy with an outboard motor and a pod of dolphins surfaced right in front of us. The pilot didn't see them and lightly bumped one with the beam. Then we slowed down to observe many pods surfacing at regular intervals. A dolphin swam up and out of the water just to starboard. Another to port. I was able to stroke their smooth heads as they swam alongside our slowly cruising craft. I touched a lot of these beautiful creatures. Thinking back on the experience as I lay awake pondering the significance of such a pleasant dream, it dawned on me that they had no beaks and so I reflected that they must have been pilot whales.

pilot-whale-surfacing.jpg

Or these:
alien-118952.jpg

Slightly odd dream where I'd been out for a meal with my parents, just the 3 of us. From my clothing, I'd obviously been doing something sporty beforehand. Dad was saying that his dad was starting to get a bit confused these days (not surprising, as IRL he'd be about 120!), and even in my dream, I realised that I'd never met my dad's own father, and starting wondering what he was like.

Anyway, I was feeling tired - presumably from whatever sport I'd been doing - so I made my excuses, leaving my folks outside the eating place. I set off for home in the car, only noticing after a few miles that I was driving my parents' car, so they'd have no way to get home! I then realised that the streets were completely unfamiliar, and that if I didn't do a U-turn quickly, I'd never find my way back to return my folks' car to them. Needless to say, I kept on driving, finding no suitable place to turn around, and became quite lost.

Usual dream stuff, but it had a more ominous feel than normal.

well last night i was woken up by my wife prodding me and saying, "ste....ste...look at that ladybird"
"what??" says i,
she said "look at that ladybird... look how big it is"
i said " ohh yeah... its massive isn't it"
she replies "is it real?"
"no" i said "your in bed.... dreaming"
she replied " ohh.......right" turned over and went back to sleep.
so after coming home from work tonight and after having a shower, i go downstairs into the kitchen where shes doing the dishes, i said "im baffled...ive looked all over the bedroom but i cant find it"
"cant find what?" she says
"that massive ladybird" ....... she had no idea what i was on about!

After my brief eclipse watching foray, I returned home for a nap. The following was the tail end of the dream I was having right before I awakened ...

I was standing in what appeared to be a yard sale milieu, with lots of household and personal items on display with price tags affixed to them. I was standing in an area where the displayed wares were mainly kitchen or dining items.

A couple walked into view, heavily built, physically very similar, and attired in what seemed more like costumes than everyday apparel. They looked like live action male and female babushka dolls. They approached and asked if I could help them, saying they had a question about an item in which they were interested. I said, "OK, I'll be happy to try - what's your question?"

They said they were interested in the 'bean pit kit', but needed to know whether it was one of the more modern ones that could be interfaced with, and controlled from, a Windows PC.

... At which point I surfaced, wondering WTF a 'bean pit kit' may be ... :dunno:

Not sure, but it might be the dream bean pit kit for training your dreamy beans online.

I got this one to take after a few failed attempts
zTmawOv.gif

and then, well ... mayhem ...

giphy.gif

Had a wet dream.

Where's the champagne smiley? Don't have one?

Near enough is good enough:joint:

Probably in the hypnagogic category - After putting my kindle down and settling down; after a few minutes I heard a voice whispering "Don't look at my face" and the feeling of someone standing at the side of the bed the voice came from. I then felt the figure reach out a hand to touch my face.
There was a feeling of dread throughout the whole episode until I forced myself to "wake-up".
Was this connected with the new curtains I put up earlier in the day?

Back