• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

I don't usually remember dreams either but last night's was a doozy :

I bought my sister (Down's age 48) home to the Parents for an overnight visit and was settling her in the upstairs spare bedroom. She still typically regards this as 'her room' even though she moved out years ago to semi-sheltered accommodation. I heard noises downstairs and my sister (the same one, aged 19) was just back from a course at the local F.E. College and came up the stairs to her room. I admit I found it a tad disconcerting when they met, although I was very curious if my sister(s) would recognise themselves. 'Oh.. hello ?' they both said slowly (sister had been brought up to be couteous) and then both turned to me and I could tell by the body language they were asking ' what's SHE doing here, this is MY room ?!' Another noise on the stairs and my mother was heading up toward her daughter(s) and a probable heart-attack if I couldn't think of a plausible explanation in the next 5 seconds.
4-3-2-1 - I wake up.

Lots of weird stuff, but my brain did that thing where it incorporated my wake-up alarm tone into a perfectly reasonable 'text' message arriving on my 'dream phone'. They're both single tones, although subtly different.

Two nights ago, I dreamt (dreamed?) of a two headed camel, it was only momentary, I was walking or travel through countryside and it was walking away from me towards some trees. The heads and necks were about half the size you would expect compared to the body and were a little more cartoony than a "real" camel. In the dream I didn't question it and immediately thought: "oh, some of those two headed aniamls you see in FT do survive past infancy."

Two nights ago, I dreamt (dreamed?) of a two headed camel, it was only momentary, I was walking or travel through countryside and it was walking away from me towards some trees. The heads and necks were about half the size you would expect compared to the body and were a little more cartoony than a "real" camel. In the dream I didn't question it and immediately thought: "oh, some of those two headed aniamls you see in FT do survive past infancy."

I wonder if it's the one Max is standing on.

I wonder if it's the one Max is standing on.

I'm humping it (apparently). :rolleyes:

I recall a snatch of a dream last night: I was driving a red double-decker bus through [a town I know]. Beside me was a bloke who used to be married to one of my wife's girlfriends; he was ragging me about my driving. At a junction I know, the road ahead changed to be dissimilar from reality. There was a hotel courtyard ahead, and I drove the bus into it. There was a wedding party in the courtyard. I remember particularly a middle-aged black woman dressed in purple "mother of the bride"-type clothing, complete with huge hat. There was also a very gloomy, dour-looking couple done up in 1940s-era clothing with a lame attempt at a "Pearly King & Queen" look.

I drove the bus around in a half circle and dropped off its passengers. The wedding party then approached me and asked to use the bus as a backdrop to their photographs. End.

maximus otter

Ah, for some reason I thought of Mad Max, he stands on a two headed lizard at the beginning of the latest film.

The vast majority of my dreams take place in coastal areas and water is always the main element. I am often by the sea, on the sea or under the sea. I can be on a massive ship in one dream and swimming in a creature infested sea the next. The sea creatures are always alien, more reminiscent of precambrian lifeforms. Sometimes I dream of owning fish tanks full of them.

Last night's dream featured a half frozen seascape that I swam in, it didn't feel cold to me though. The water below the ice was crystal clear and I watched the strange denizens moving around below me. There was far more to the dream and as usual I have forgotten most of it.

My dream last night was an hours-long mental discussion on whether Ralph Breaks the Internet should actually be called Ralph Wrecks the Internet. No wonder I felt exhausted when I woke up.

A vivid and unusually-pleasant section of a long deam sequence, involved a boat-trip up a river. It was identified as "North Yorkshire" and supposed to be North of York. It was entirely a Yorkshire of dreams, consisting of elaborate grand buildings of Grecian inspiration, red stone and richly warmed by hot lighting. They were standing in the stream, so we could weave in and out of balustrades in what had previously been gardens.

There was a later scene in which our assorted vessels were lined up on the shore. Some were small boats, like canoes but I had been in a larger, square box-boat. There was some confusion about where I had been assigned to sit; my father would resolve that question, when he returned from a visit to the town. As he has been dead for more than a quarter of a century, it may have been a long wait.

All very odd but hopefully not presaging a coming exploration of the Styx! :reap:

Last night I dreamt that I was eating multicoloured berries on the one stem.
Unfortunately they disagreed with me so thought they must have been poisonous.
In real life I have been collecting raspberries from the back yard as there's a good crop this year and they are delicious.

Last night in my dream I had been training with Dwayne Johnson to build up my muscle mass to play He-Man in a new Masters of the Universe movie. I was "unveiled" in full costume on the (now defunct) chat show TFI Friday, but when it came time to shout "I HAVE THE POWER!!!" my voice wasn't strong enough and it came out all quiet. I woke up embarrassed.

I dreamed last night that a neighbour had a cat which wandered into my garden. The cat and i then had a conversation where it telepathically told me that it lived with another cat who was being taken to the vet, and that their owner was - I quote - "an old bitch".

My pants had ridden half way down (I just tell it as I see it) and I tried pulling them up but I also had a wardrobe malfunction in the trouser department. I undid the my belt so I could drop my trousers, pull up my pants, tuck in my shirt and then re-do the trousers and belt. Except I was wearing a thick winter coat which was getting in the way. So I unbuttoned the coat to make it easier to access the trousers and pants, but I couldn't get the coat off, no matter how hard I wriggled or swore.
I woke up entangled in a sheet, two duvets and a bed spread. No idea what that dream was all about.

Dreamed that one of my cats complained to me (yeah I know, she could now talk) that she'd caught one of her claws on the furniture and torn it off.

I said 'Ouch! Sounds nasty, let's have a look.
Oh no, it's actually your whole paw that's come off. I'll ring the vet and see about having it put back on.'

Last I remember was the cat sprawled across Techy's shoulder showing me the stump, which was severed quite high up and wasn't bleeding. I was holding the rest of the limb and 'offering' it to the stump as if I could fit it myself like a mechanical part.

Just the final image from a dream: A flatbed lorry close to me is driving away from me. On the load bed someone is supine with the sole of their foot facing me, the big toe stiff. The foot is “waving” from side to side, the cocked big toe giving it the semblance of an admonitory index finger.

:confused:

maximus otter

Dreamt that on my way home from the shops I stopped at a garage sale (yard sale) - apart from several dozen copies of the Mr Men books (more than any household would actually have) there were several Transformers Beast Wars toys. I picked up Megatron, Tarantulas and Waspinator and asked the man how much for the lot - he said $380 for each of them! I gave him a Look and said that even if they were still in their boxes, and in mint condition, they wouldn't be worth that much all together. He shrugged his shoulders and said "That's the way it is". I put down the toys and walked away...

I dreamt I was at the premiere of the new James Bond film, only it was held in a deserted warehouse with only me and Ant off of Ant and Dec as guests. He seemed to be enjoying it, but then I realised they were projecting it in the wrong ratio and walked out in a huff.

The last couple of nights I have dreamt that I was waiting to cross the road when an old car came across on the wrong side and hit me on the hip.
I was thinking it's probably about the fact to get my old car working it's going to hit my hip pocket.

The last couple of nights I have dreamt that I was waiting to cross the road when an old car came across on the wrong side and hit me on the hip.

Do you remember if it hurt ? I was shot in a dream as a kid (bullets always missed up 'til then) and the agony woke me up.

I woke after I was hit and don't remember my hip hurting more than usual . It sometimes does since I tripped over a pot in the back yard.

I woke after I was hit and don't remember my hip hurting more than usual . It sometimes does since I tripped over a pot in the back yard.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've been hit on the hip by a car (twice) in real life - sometimes I can't remember which hip and sometimes I swear a little.

Thankyou. It usually isn't too bad now as I use Elmore oil cream when it hurts. I just pulled at a thistle too hard, overbalanced and tripped over the pot.

Yes it's made at Elmore near Bendigo of natural ingredients.
Last I heard they were having it laboratory tested so they could sell it in the USA.

Back