• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Had a dream of fences that had rotten wood and were blown over by the wind.
Not surprising given that we have been experiencing gusting winds of 40mph+ overnight.
I was a bit anxious when I read the headlines, but in reality, it didn't amount to anything to be anxious about.

The only short dream of several that I can remember. Used my mom's toilet and flushed it. It didn't flush right, so flushed it again and it sprung a small leak. I then tried to use the water shut off and the whole thing started gushing water which then turned into an impending flood down stairs in her home. I ran frantically to find her because I didn't know where the main water shut off was. She shut it off and almost immediately the water disappeared. No damage. Whew!

The only short dream of several that I can remember. Used my mom's toilet and flushed it. It didn't flush right, so flushed it again and it sprung a small leak. I then tried to use the water shut off and the whole thing started gushing water which then turned into an impending flood down stairs in her home. I ran frantically to find her because I didn't know where the main water shut off was. She shut it off and almost immediately the water disappeared. No damage. Whew!
Just forgot to add that I am a female and do know where the water shut off is on my toilets (I have two, not to brag to you all here) and I know where my main water shut off is in my house.:curt: If I need anything fixing, I do know where it is, but hire people to fix it as I have no knowledge nor interest regarding DIY.

Well gee. I'd know what I dreamed about, if I didn't step out of bed, immediately discover my legs were limp noodles, and topple onto the floor. Banged a shin, and I'm not really sure what that was about. I hadn't lost sensation, and I wasn't dizzy, I just... couldn't make the meat suit go places.
And now I have no idea what my long dream was about.

Just forgot to add that I am a female and do know where the water shut off is on my toilets (I have two, not to brag to you all here) and I know where my main water shut off is in my house.:curt: If I need anything fixing, I do know where it is, but hire people to fix it as I have no knowledge nor interest regarding DIY.
Ah. . . you see. . . so wise as well! :)

Last night I dreamed I was on holiday with my family (my long-dead parents and some others). We were staying in a little cottage right by the coast, you could see the sea. A man had come over to tell us all the things we could do while we were on holiday and I'd mentioned that I would like to go riding. He opened a kind of booklet, which showed lots of people riding horses - one photograph showed a woman on a grey horse jumping over a fence. Her legs were up under her chin, as though she'd leaped out of the saddle at the same moment as the horse jumped the fence and I remember wondering where her stirrups were. Another woman was riding very formally, all dressed up in proper riding gear, but the horse had no saddle.

I was trying to explain to the man that this all looked lovely, but any ride worth having would be a couple of hours long and I couldn't expect my family to just stand around for two hours while I went out on a ride. I think this was because my father would have had to drive me to the riding location, and then wait for me.

Very odd.

...dreamed I was at a large city festival (not sure what city, but it was in a place that had autumn), headed up by a family who lived in a much older larger home. Their house was open to the public but I was there in some work capacity and wanted to avoid them at all costs. There was booth down the street where a man gave out free ice cream. The town had a river where a rich man had, in a panic, deposited several large objects from his collection so that he could go deal with some situation of his own making.

Fell asleep on t'sofa after some exertion. Had a micro dream about two small toy Beanie-type frogs, in pink and green velvet, which Escette had sent to me.
I was trying to arrange them in an aesthetically pleasing tableau. This was difficult with only the two.

I had an odd dream last night in which I was 'best friends' with Sir Lewis Hamilton (never met him, can't stand him) and had been in a large 4WD car with him at some event.
The other people in the car were 'hangers on' who all spent their time 'blowing smoke up his arse' and later, when I had left the scene, two of them came after me with knives cos they thought I had been insulting in some way.

Beats me.

I seemed to have some sort of role as a carer to a very dignified old black guy. I was reading from a list, the next item being "brush hair" but he was bald, partly natural and he had shaved the rest, and we both laughed over this. Him saying with a Jamaican accent "Man you gonna have to wait a whiles to get that job done."

He was trying to sort out some headphones when he suddenly became very fearful and started talking about the doorbell. I asked who it was and he replied. "My sisters, they keeps finding me more sisters." He became very agitated and it was then I noticed that his cheekbones were very bruised and swollen.

I offered to get rid of the caller and went to the front door. It appeared to be some sort of sheltered accomodation arrangement whereby you could be let in by whomever you had called but shouldn't be let in by anyone else.

I answered the door and there was a tall white guy with a very angular and square face, dressed in rather dated clothes, tweed jacket and cap, etc. who started to push in. I held the door ajar and asked who he was visiting. He just replied "I need to get in."

I was telling him he needed to ring a bell for whomever he was visiting, or at least tell me who it was. He just kept repeating, "I need to get in." and pushing ever harder.

I managed to get the rather thick sole of my shoe under the door which prevented him from moving it any further and as he stepped back for an even harder shove I managed to shoulder the door shut. With that I woke up.

There was no sense of menace or fear of the visitor on my part and it may not have been the visitor the black guy feared (it certainly wasn't his sister :)) but what stuck with me when I woke up was the real look of abject terror that had transformed his face.

Another "running out of energy and going to sleep for a few hours" dream.

Earlier today (Friday 21/7/23). Dreamt of a big family gathering with a lot of tension in the air. When I say "family", I mean V's side. I have decided not to mention it to her, but the dream concerned her mother and stepfather, who were about to drive off somewhere on a long journey. The rest of the family had gathered for a long drink before seeing them off. We said goodbye in the house, the gathered in the street to wave their car off. I remember speaking to various family members in a "well, what happens now?" sort of way as the car pulled away.

I woke up, reflecting that V's mother has outlived one husband and has remarried (sort of) since. Her new man is over ninety and in poor health; she is 89 and in middling health. I am getting a feeling that one or both are not going to be with us for much longer. There's no point in mentioning this to V and worrying or depressing her un-necessarily, but the thought occurs that this was a "goodbye and thank you" dream about them and very soon there's going to be a death in the family.

I was at a railway station near where I used to work where I met up with a lady wearing a brooch of the catseye nebula. It was our @catseye I then realised why I was meeting her.

@catseye had seen a post on this forum which offered to sell material of Fortean interest to any two members of the forum who could be at a certain location within the next two hours. As she was visiting someone near where I used to work she had asked if anyone else could be at that location who was willing to risk £50 as their part of the cost. I had replied that I could get there as I could park where I used to work, so we met at the station (I must stress that have never met @catseye and couldn't describe her in reality or in the dream. In the dream she was the person with me and with whom I was discussing and experiencing events but somehow not anyone I could describe unlike the only other person, see below)

We went off to find the location in a quite grotty part of South London, all seedy hairdressers, tattoo & nail parlours, shops offering to unlock mobiles and ethnic food stores with selections of vegetables that instead of looking enticing and exotic looked as if they hadn't been moved in weeks and weren't that appetising when they were fresh.

We found the location, a dirty looking doorway that led to a huge corridor and a room to our left, all drab brown paintwork and lit by a yellowish light from windows set high in a wall opposite a barred window like an old ticket office. A specimen who looked a bit like John Hurt wearing a stained T shirt sat behind the window. In the middle of the room was an old Victorian looking toy, a leather and cloth animal seated on wooden horse.

We presented our credentials (not sure what they were) and the guy replied: "Blimey, didn't think anyone would make it. fifteen percent off if you can knock the "bear" off the horse". I noticed a large hammer by the toy and a target on the base, I swung at the target and hit it but it was a spring and bounced the hammer back hard nearly hitting my knee. The guy thought this very funny. I told him that if he though leg injuries were such a laugh to come out from his booth and he could experience one.

Still laughing he apologised and told us we could still have the discount. We coughed up the money and received a sheet of paper with a web address and a list of dates and times. We were told to pick one when we both be able to log on within ten minutes of the time and each other and from separate computers, geographically apart. We would then gain access to documents that we could download and which would have important information on various Fortean topics.

We left and discussed whether this was a con. We decided it probably was but it made a good story and @catseye said she may even be able to use it in a novel. We got to the station and had a discussion on London being so large that you could know bits of it quite well but not realise how they related to other bits and it was quite easy to get lost very quickly. I pointed out the correct platform for Charing Cross and departed towards where I used to work which was where I'd left my car.

God knows what that's about. All I can think of is @catseye is organising a get together which I can't make which is a bummer as I love Thirsk and the NYM and would like to have met some other board members; and Mrs T has an ankle injury which may have prompted the leg injury bit. Unless of course @catseye has had a dream about meeting a fellow Fortean wearing a tie with a hairy cactus on it or somesuch in response to a strange message on the board.........

@catseye had seen a post on this forum which offered to sell material of Fortean interest to any two members of the forum who could be at a certain location within the next two hours. As she was visiting someone near where I used to work she had asked if anyone else could be at that location who was willing to risk £50 as their part of the cost. I had replied that I could get there as I could park where I used to work, so we met at the station (I must stress that have never met @catseye and couldn't describe her in reality or in the dream. In the dream she was the person with me and with whom I was discussing and experiencing events but somehow not anyone I could describe unlike the only other person, see below)

We went off to find the location in a quite grotty part of South London, all seedy hairdressers, tattoo & nail parlours, shops offering to unlock mobiles and ethnic food stores with selections of vegetables that instead of looking enticing and exotic looked as if they hadn't been moved in weeks and weren't that appetising when they were fresh.

We found the location, a dirty looking doorway that led to a huge corridor and a room to our left, all drab brown paintwork and lit by a yellowish light from windows set high in a wall opposite a barred window like an old ticket office. A specimen who looked a bit like John Hurt wearing a stained T shirt sat behind the window. In the middle of the room was an old Victorian looking toy, a leather and cloth animal seated on wooden horse.

We presented our credentials (not sure what they were) and the guy replied: "Blimey, didn't think anyone would make it. fifteen percent off if you can knock the "bear" off the horse". I noticed a large hammer by the toy and a target on the base, I swung at the target and hit it but it was a spring and bounced the hammer back hard nearly hitting my knee. The guy thought this very funny. I told him that if he though leg injuries were such a laugh to come out from his booth and he could experience one.

Still laughing he apologised and told us we could still have the discount. We coughed up the money and received a sheet of paper with a web address and a list of dates and times. We were told to pick one when we both be able to log on within ten minutes of the time and each other and from separate computers, geographically apart. We would then gain access to documents that we could download and which would have important information on various Fortean topics.

We left and discussed whether this was a con. We decided it probably was but it made a good story and @catseye said she may even be able to use it in a novel. We got to the station and had a discussion on London being so large that you could know bits of it quite well but not realise how they related to other bits and it was quite easy to get lost very quickly. I pointed out the correct platform for Charing Cross and departed towards where I used to work which was where I'd left my car.

God knows what that's about. All I can think of is @catseye is organising a get together which I can't make which is a bummer as I love Thirsk and the NYM and would like to have met some other board members; and Mrs T has an ankle injury which may have prompted the leg injury bit. Unless of course @catseye has had a dream about meeting a fellow Fortean wearing a tie with a hairy cactus on it or somesuch in response to a strange message on the board.........

I will add that I pm'd @catseye before posting this as I feared it may make her uncomfortable but she has replied ".......'It is better to be dreamed of, than not to be dreamed of'." :bthumbup:

@Tunn11 Sadly last night I did not dream of you...

Instead I dreamed a wild and convoluted dream of which only really the last few frames remain in my memory. I was being cursed. I can't remember what I had done (or if I'd done anything!), but a large African gentleman was standing on a stool, chanting in a kind of French. I knew I was being cursed, and I was sitting in front of my laptop trying to work out whether I believed in curses or not. And whether there would be any power to this curse even if I didn't believe in it.

I woke up in quite a panic.

@Tunn11 Sadly last night I did not dream of you...

Instead I dreamed a wild and convoluted dream of which only really the last few frames remain in my memory. I was being cursed. I can't remember what I had done (or if I'd done anything!), but a large African gentleman was standing on a stool, chanting in a kind of French. I knew I was being cursed, and I was sitting in front of my laptop trying to work out whether I believed in curses or not. And whether there would be any power to this curse even if I didn't believe in it.

I woke up in quite a panic.
So how do you know that I'm not a large African gentleman? :evillaugh:

But, no I'm not ........

I was at a railway station near where I used to work where I met up with a lady wearing a brooch of the catseye nebula. It was our @catseye I then realised why I was meeting her.

I will add that I pm'd @catseye before posting this as I feared it may make her uncomfortable but she has replied ".......'It is better to be dreamed of, than not to be dreamed of'." :bthumbup:
Wow. You have really detailed dreams. I'm lucky if I can describe a person. Forget what they're wearing.

A couple of nights ago I had a series of odd dreams.
A pair of meteorites streaking across the sky together, they were bright green, and then just at the point I expected them to dim and vanish, they instead flew around in a circle first and then disappeared.
My ex-wife appeared in this rented house I am living in now, but her red hair was instead a big ginger afro. She said her mum was going to cut it for her. The kitchen here was full of large, commercial baking equipment (for some reason).
I remarked to myself in my dream "This must be a dream - but what exactly is so strange here?"

It wasn't until I woke up and realised that that was indeed a dream that I wondered why I didn't confirm it to myself in my dream?
I get these too - so prosaic, dull, and ordinary they might as well be scenes from everyday waking life. I tend to wake up thinking "Why bother? Can't my subconscious mind come up with anything more interesting?" Given some of my more memorable dreams really are spectacular full-colour epics with Dolby sound and no expense spared on special effects, remembering dreams like this can be a bit of a let-down in the morning, a feeling of "oh, so this is as good as it's going to get today". Wondering if the regular team are off-watch or giving the job to the trainees with the instruction "Keep it basic, you're still learning."

The association after a dream like this is with the cartoon series "King of the Hill". Which is okay, but when you watch this small-town slice of Texas life, you wonder why they bothered going to the time and expense of animation, when it could be just as well done as a live action sitcom - it doesn't feel as if it has to be animation. I get the same feeling after a "King of the Hill" dream - as if it's a waste of good dreaming time!

Wow. You have really detailed dreams. I'm lucky if I can describe a person. Forget what they're wearing.
Sort of, it's so difficult describing a dream. Some detailed episodes, the brooch, the tacky streets, the episode with the John Hurt lookalike, the discussion about London; but the rest was something that I just sort of knew in the dream without dreaming the detail, I guess my brain filling in some sort of plot to add it all together.

Some people in dreams aren't defined I've often had a dream where I'm somewhere with person A and later they've become person B and you just seem to accept it.

Gravy; that's a relief.
Made with good ole oxo, of course!
1690143603449.png

I dreamt I checked into a hotel in an English city, and then found a Narnia-style portal which caused me to pop out in some city in the US. I wandered around, marvelling at the unfamiliar cars racing by.
Then I met a fat bird, and was just about to shag her when I woke up. Thankfully.

Good grief.
Now, I don't dislike Jeremy Clarkson. I am aware that he 'divides opinion' but I have usually found him entertaining.
Not that entertaining that I want to spend all night dreaming that I work with him in a garage whilst we also make various car-related programs about our work and the other characters that work at the same place.
And my red MG ZR (which I have never owned or intend to) being renovated, with the wrong bits, from a Ford breakers yard.
I have no idea.

(Jeremy Clarkson)
1690273261887.png

(A red MG ZR)
1690273308638.png

So last night......I had a bad toenail. I had gone to a 'portakabin' next to a bus stop which was being used as some sort of community clinic.
I knew I had to let myself in and wait for the doctor to arrive.

After a while the doctor arrives, with an assistant, and TV news presenter and columnist/political commentator Andre Walker.
(I actually quite enjoy his shows, but anyways....)
So I want the doc to check my toe, but I am massively against Andre being in there, so much so that I start physically attacking him, and end up 'dragging him out by his hair' (not sure how I manage to do that - he's a big chap) and try to lock the doors to stop him getting back in.
But the lock on the door is only held in place with one screw, and that isn't even done up.

Cut to....
I wake up on the floor of a corridor in what appears to be a hotel.
There only appear to be about half a dozen rooms and no way out of this corridor - no lift, no windows, no exit of any kind.
One of the doors is open and inside it a woman is sitting at a desk.
She tells me she only went out to get some shopping and then found herself here, and she's been here for months.
One of the other doors is opened and there is some bloke in there telling me that I have to help to do the 'experiments'.
The room is a laboratory, full of equipment, and big windows letting in the daylight.
I grab a ceramic bowl of some sort which I then use to try smashing the windows, but discover the glass is toughened or bullet-proof.

I have absolutely no idea.

So last night......I had a bad toenail. I had gone to a 'portakabin' next to a bus stop which was being used as some sort of community clinic.
I knew I had to let myself in and wait for the doctor to arrive.

After a while the doctor arrives, with an assistant, and TV news presenter and columnist/political commentator Andre Walker.
(I actually quite enjoy his shows, but anyways....)
So I want the doc to check my toe, but I am massively against Andre being in there, so much so that I start physically attacking him, and end up 'dragging him out by his hair' (not sure how I manage to do that - he's a big chap) and try to lock the doors to stop him getting back in.
But the lock on the door is only held in place with one screw, and that isn't even done up.

Cut to....
I wake up on the floor of a corridor in what appears to be a hotel.
There only appear to be about half a dozen rooms and no way out of this corridor - no lift, no windows, no exit of any kind.
One of the doors is open and inside it a woman is sitting at a desk.
She tells me she only went out to get some shopping and then found herself here, and she's been here for months.
One of the other doors is opened and there is some bloke in there telling me that I have to help to do the 'experiments'.
The room is a laboratory, full of equipment, and big windows letting in the daylight.
I grab a ceramic bowl of some sort which I then use to try smashing the windows, but discover the glass is toughened or bullet-proof.

I have absolutely no idea.
You are waaaay too busy in your dreams. I'd be exhausted just waking up from this.:yawn:

So last night......I had a bad toenail.
Both my big toes are currently in a mess. Blame the Martians. :mad:

Yesterday I commiserated with a customer about HER bad toe, which was similarly damaged after copping a large wall mirror dropped edge-on. Ouch.

Toes, eh. In your dreams.:nods:

Back