• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

It could be! Other possible interpretations I've thought of are a link between the earthly and spiritual planes, or my energy level (I've been feeling fatigued lately, hence why it would be grey.) I'm still pondering it all.
Or, it could also be transparency?

I've had unusual trouble remembering my dreams over the past several months. However, I had a memorable one the night before last.

In it, I was in an otherworldly landscape, very flat, a desert perhaps. The sky was a deep lavender color as if it were dusk. I was aware of being there in a disembodied state. Floating nearby were three glowing orbs. I understood they belonged to me. One was bright white, one a duller gold, and one grey-ish, as if it needed a cleaning. I was told (by another presence, I assume) that the white orb stood for my presence on the spiritual plane, the gold one for my presence on the earthly plane and the grey one...well, this is rather vague and hard to describe. I tried to keep the meaning of it in my mind as I woke up, but the only thing that I can really remember is the phrase, "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it."
One of those dreams that make you wonder if it was spiritual/OBE in nature. Bloody typical that you couldn't bring all the knowledge back. Actually it reminds me of two dreams I've posted here - one where I was a glowing pinprick of consciousness communicating with an "angel" that was another radiant pinprick of consciousness that took me back through time, and a more recent one where I was talking to my deceased grandmother and great-grandmother, and there was a shadowy third figure there that was hard to define.

Both dreams are on the Dreaming of the Dead thread - here and here.

Last edited:
the grey one...well, this is rather vague and hard to describe. I tried to keep the meaning of it in my mind as I woke up, but the only thing that I can really remember is the phrase, "It's obvious if you think about it, but hardly anyone ever thinks about it."
I think that your thought that it relates to your physical/mental energy is the most likely. Just your wording of the remembered phrase seems to point toward mental (thinking) energy. The greyness of the orb and you describing it "like needing cleaning" certainly sounds like brain fog to me.

The other, but less likely imo, thought I had was a state of limbo. As far as I know, this is a Catholic religion concept. I am not of this religion and don't believe in it in that sense, but once had a dream of being in limbo. It was me in nothingness. Just grey space around me.

Last night I dreamed I was with two of my workmates from my old job (which I left nearly nine years ago), and we were being bossed about by a workmate at my current job (who is very young but cursed with officiousness). Once again set in a nebulous place, like a school but much more open plan.

I suspect this may have been triggered by chatting with one of the teachers from the school I used to work in yesterday.

Wow. Two very vivid dreams last night (maybe it's the heat).

In the first one I was part of a group visiting a mental hospital. One of the old fashioned, huge brick ones that were so fashionable in the Victorian era. I had the feeling we were there to do a ghost hunt or something, although the place was still occupied - there were people walking about everywhere. We got inside the walls and there was a garden, all down the inside of the wall, just a narrow strip, where people were sitting or walking about, accompanied by barn owls. Some of the owls were sitting on posts, some on shoulders, and someone told me that these were mental support owls. As we approached the building I suddenly stopped as though there was a force field, and struggled to walk on, despite the fact that I couldn't feel anything of the kind. I don't know if I imagined the force field, wanted there to be a force field or just thought there should have been one, but I acted as though it was there nevertheless. Hmmm.

In the second dream I was in an office like a Post Office, with a few other people about. There was a man behind the counter - someone I knew and with whom I had a vaguely teasing relationship. I asked him to print me out a copy of my book. He'd done this before apparently, but this time he was having trouble, so he brought out a big book, like a scrap book to show me. When he opened it, there was a double page spread of newspaper, cut out like parts of a paper boat but laid flat, if you see what I mean. When I read the cuttings, they were a news story about V E Day and how there had been people killed in a bombing on that day. There were photographs too, of people, I think they were the King and Queen (the old King, not Charles). I remember the wooden floor of the shop and various messy piles of stuff, and then this book - all I wanted was a print out!

I dreamed I was watching Coronation Street (I don't, and never have...). They had an 'alien' plotline, where there had been an invasion and everyone was being moved out by the aliens, from one area. They showed a whole plan, where some streets and lanes were 'infected' and they could never go back. I was thinking it was a bold storyline and how were they going to get back to normal from that...

....when it was true. We were - not invaded, it was more insidious than that. We were 'taken over' by aliens who looked like us. We had to keep to prescribed behaviour (I remember picking up two shirts that someone had dropped on the floor, in case that wasn't allowed). I'd been moved into housing with a bunch of people and we were living in a converted school, awaiting being moved on somewhere else, and then were being transported. One of the aliens was travelling with us. A man began to protest about being separated from his daughter, and 'our' alien got down off the bus transport to go and sort it out, whereupon it was being rumoured that we were all being split up. We had no idea where we were going or what was going to happen to us.

I was glad to wake up from that one.

My dream. I did not see much detail of my surroundings because it was more of a task dream. I was more the dream person than the observer and there was no narration, only my character’s thoughts. There were numerous people in a room with a large table that they were all at and working from.

A woman (I think she was my former boss irl) had given us a project to do. I had the impression that we would be graded somehow.

The first one was to make a decorative bag. I didn’t know the purpose of the project as I either didn’t hear or didn’t listen. The very large table had many different materials on it that we could use. I finished my bag (paper) with the one side more detailed and the other only with some magazine picture I’d cut out and pasted. The woman then took my bag to use and told me I would get it back later.

Suddenly there were books and she asked us each to pick a book to put into the bag. My impression was that she was sending these books to another country, possibly in aid? I thought it might be India. The book I picked up had a title that I couldn’t read, but my impression was that it was a story book that involved animals. I then thought that it might be a Rudyard Kipling book. Then I was wondering if it would be suitable to send one of his books to India. I wanted to g**gle it but didn’t have a chance.

The woman then gave us another project, which I missed her instructions because I was thinking about the book I had chosen. Luckily a couple of women told me something. Again I didn’t hear their instructions because I was distracted. They then said “hockey game”, so I figured that we were again making something for another country, and perhaps it was to do with “what is Canadian”, like a cultural exchange.

I thought that I would make a construction paper scene of a hockey game. There was no construction paper. I did find four pieces of material that I glued together to use as the background. Then I lost them amongst all of the stuff on the table when I went looking for more materials to use.

My project changed from portraying a hockey game to two figure skaters. I could only find one (Barbie-like) doll and a piece of rose coloured background to affix the scene to. I found a couple of pieces of plastic things that looked like trees to glue in the background.

As I worked on the project, I constantly had to revise my idea of what I wanted to make because I couldn’t find the things needed to make it. Was I happy about it? No, it was very frustrating because I had to make due with whatever I did find.

The doll, I couldn’t affix with glue because she was 3D and too heavy to stick to the material. I found a wire that I was going to use to tie her to the material, though I wasn’t sure how since how would I poke the wire through thick material (it was kind of like velvet material).

As I was trying to figure out this problem, the woman then told us that we only had until she came back to finish our projects. Now all of us were frustrated because we knew we would not be finished with our projects as we wished. We were quite angry that this new obstacle prevented us from completing our projects as we wanted.

One person went and found a huge yellow upholstered chair that we were all going to plunk (not nicely display) our projects on just to voice our displeasure with our works.

Throughout all of this activity, I was trying to figure out the purpose of the final project. As I worked and had to constantly change my expectations because of the fact that things I wanted were not available, I came to the idea that the purpose was to show us that we may not have everything we want, but can do quite well with what we have.

As if I don’t know that. Jeez, what a patronizing dream.:rolleyes:

I dreamed I was watching Coronation Street (I don't, and never have...). They had an 'alien' plotline, where there had been an invasion and everyone was being moved out by the aliens, from one area. They showed a whole plan, where some streets and lanes were 'infected' and they could never go back. I was thinking it was a bold storyline and how were they going to get back to normal from that...

....when it was true. We were - not invaded, it was more insidious than that. We were 'taken over' by aliens who looked like us. We had to keep to prescribed behaviour (I remember picking up two shirts that someone had dropped on the floor, in case that wasn't allowed). I'd been moved into housing with a bunch of people and we were living in a converted school, awaiting being moved on somewhere else, and then were being transported. One of the aliens was travelling with us. A man began to protest about being separated from his daughter, and 'our' alien got down off the bus transport to go and sort it out, whereupon it was being rumoured that we were all being split up. We had no idea where we were going or what was going to happen to us.

I was glad to wake up from that one.
There was the crossover Corrie Red Dwarf story in a Red Dwarf episode as Craig Charles was in Corrie for a while.
Mind you Corrie plots are getting more outrageous than Red Dwarf. Sinkholes anyone?

A frustration dream.

l was with - colleagues?- on a training course in what looked like a stately home. We were in our bedroom, and l wanted to show one of them a scale model I’d made to a high standard. lt looked like a 1:72 scale Jagdpanther, to which I’d attached lots of etched brass superdetailing parts.

The colleague to whom l showed it insisted on checking the attached parts on the glacis plate for squareness, also whether they were parallel, by scraping a steel ruler up the glacis plate, bending or pinging off many of the parts which I had so carefully glued on.

Apparently then we had to be somewhere else, and l decided that l wanted to wear my Timberland boots. Not my old pair, mind, my new pair. For some reason I couldn’t either get them on, or lace them up, so I had to retrieve my everyday pair. Now I couldn’t work out how to thread in the laces…

My mates got fed up with waiting for me and poked off.

Morning.

maximus otter

I dreamed I was showering in a very beaten-up concrete cubicle, the sort of thing you find on campsites, only it was in a house. On the wall - which had a rough, concrete texture, very browny-grey, was a drawing of some kind of local historical events, something to do with cars. There were things written in pencil on top of the drawings, it was like a map of 'things that happened', and one thing was a name, Windres (which is the surname of one of my co workers). I thought, that's interesting, I didn't know the family was linked to car manufacture'.

Then, somehow the map turned into a film of two men discovering another man, who was frozen solid. They pulled him out of wherever he'd been and the ice broke. The man was being revived, coughing up water, lying on the ground between his two rescuers, and the sound track told me they 'exchanged a conspiratorial smile'.

The dream would probably have gone on for longer, only the dog trod on my face and woke me up.

I dreamed I was showering in a very beaten-up concrete cubicle, the sort of thing you find on campsites, only it was in a house. On the wall - which had a rough, concrete texture, very browny-grey, was a drawing of some kind of local historical events, something to do with cars. There were things written in pencil on top of the drawings, it was like a map of 'things that happened', and one thing was a name, Windres (which is the surname of one of my co workers). I thought, that's interesting, I didn't know the family was linked to car manufacture'.

Then, somehow the map turned into a film of two men discovering another man, who was frozen solid. They pulled him out of wherever he'd been and the ice broke. The man was being revived, coughing up water, lying on the ground between his two rescuers, and the sound track told me they 'exchanged a conspiratorial smile'.

The dream would probably have gone on for longer, only the dog trod on my face and woke me up.

The last part sounds like a kind of teasing for an upcoming super-hero movie !

You must have linked your dream to reading about 'Otzi?'

Now last night I had the same kind of dream over two separate sleeps. I went to bed early and towards the middle of the night I dreamed that I'd gone for a run with my terrier, along by a canal. It was a landscape I don't recognise at all. Somehow, I lost the dog, she ran off after something and didn't come back, so I was walking along in the direction she'd run. The canal branched left and right and I took the left hand branch which ran through a housing estatem and was walking along, calling for her. I remember stopping and going into one house, an old terrace which was empty, but couldn't find the dog.

I woke up, got up, somewhat relieved to find the dog asleep in her bed outside the door. Put her out in the garden, back to bed, and then sometime as it was getting light I dreamed that I was out for a run with the same dog, plus a Yorkshire Terrier type dog on a lead, and a couple of other people. We'd gone along a usual path, and were heading for home, still aware that I'd lost my dog, so we were half looking for her as well as running. I knew to cut up the path for home would make the run a bit short so I was just questioning whether we should go somewhere else, when a neighbour of mine came walking up, coming up a narrow walkway between two fields that I'd never even known was there. I asked her if she'd seen the dog. She answered very slowly and consideredly that, yes, she had, the dog was down on the road somewhere near the start of her walk and I could go and collect her when I wanted. I knew the dog was dead and had likely been run over on the road. My neighbour pushed a card into my hand - it was dark and had printing on it, but I don't know what it said.

Then I woke up again. Still relieved to find the dog alive and well in her bed and thundering to come in with me.

I've never really feared losing this dog, she doesn't wander, she hates being away from me, and she's still a (comparitively) youngish dog at 8. But two dreams in a row?

Yesterday's visit to the War of the Worlds Experience featured a hot air balloon flight over the surface of Mars. I did of course dream about it last night. The Mars Rover was also there and I was in touch with the Oxford professor who told me all about it over dinner a few years ago.

Quite a frightening one last night. l was in a strange house which was my home. In my bedroom there was a frozen meal sitting on my bed.

l left the bedroom and entered the bathroom to shave. Suddenly l looked back at the door to the bedroom, and saw that the frozen meal had been jammed into the opening of the door between the bedroom and bathroom without my knowledge.

Concerned, l went next door to my (late) mother’s bedroom, where she was in bed reading. l confirmed with her that there was nobody else in the house, then went back to investigate further.

ln the hall, we encountered a strange artefact hovering in the air which l realised had been responsible for the odd occurrence: lt resembled a 1950s car bonnet ornament about 3” long, but draped in a long cellophane bag which dangled down towards the floor. Something like this, but more circular in cross section and with red painted details on its side:

0808hotrod4cweb.jpg

Although frightened, l seized the object by the cellophane, capturing it. l then began to bash it against a door, saying triumphantly something like, “You’re not so supernatural now!

Awake.

I need professional help…

maximus otter

I dreamed of waking up in the small hours panicking that I'd not put the bin out for collection first thing in the morning. I dreamed that I'd got up and put the bin out.
Two things:
Firstly, my insomnia means I often wake up in the small hours and struggle to get back to sleep mainly because I keep (over)thinking about situations and actions. So I dreamed of something that was completely consistent with real waking life.
Secondly, the bins are collected on Monday morning and I had this dream last (Saturday) night, so my dream-self thought it was 3 am on Monday morning and not 3 am on Sunday morning.
I live in a perpetual state of confusion, sleeping or awake. :)

Back