• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Years ago I owned a camper van. It was a Ford tipper truck conversion. Last night I dreamed of having an argument with someone about it. The gist was that the other person thought my camper van was smaller than that one over there, and I said mine was bigger. We bickered pointlessly for a long time over this important aspect of vehicular capacity.

Dreamt that I peeled off the dead skin on both my heels, leaving fresh, healthy, flawless skin underneath, leaving my feet looking perfect in every way. The dead skin was basically just a thickish pad and I stood there wondering just how I failed to notice my feet had gotten to such a state...

Dreamt that I peeled off the dead skin on both my heels, leaving fresh, healthy, flawless skin underneath, leaving my feet looking perfect in every way. The dead skin was basically just a thickish pad and I stood there wondering just how I failed to notice my feet had gotten to such a state...
That can happen in real life. My Mum had really thick, hard pads of skin on her heels. One day, they started flaking off and she had good skin underneath. Years later, it's back to being hard and calloused.

That can happen in real life. My Mum had really thick, hard pads of skin on her heels. One day, they started flaking off and she had good skin underneath. Years later, it's back to being hard and calloused.
Well, I had taken a callous file to my feet before going to bed....

When I had a job where I wore Crocs all day with no socks (it was a work with a wet aspect) I used to slather my feet in body butter every day to stop the skin hardening.

One day I met a mate outside the Body Shop and mentioned it to her. She looked at my baby-soft feet, then down at her lovely silver sandals, carefully-varnished toenails and horribly callused heels, and she marched straight off in there without a word. I should have asked for commission!

Anyway, after two days' hard cycling most of my dreams last night (when I wasn't actually unconscious from exhaustion) were of riding up never-ending steep mountain passes with a cliff on one side and a sheer drop on the other.

I was dreaming of Paris, and specifically the Eiffel tower. I was on a day trip and had decided to use my free time to visit the Tower. As there wouldn't be time to go up it I intended to stand underneath it and look upwards. I like metal structures like bridges and girders so this would be a treat.

I saw it in daylight from a distance on the coach, then much nearer to. I could see one 'leg' of it close-up as we passed on the road. It looked exciting, all girdery with lovely rivets! and I asked someone if it would be lit up at night. The answer was no, just the top end, because of energy conservation. I thought oh yeah, makes sense, because you'd have to stop planes accidentally flying into it.

We lost sight of it when we stopped for lunch. Then I set off to find it on foot with a map, which I hardly needed because you can see it everywhere. When Techy woke me up with my coffee I was nearly there.

No idea what that was about. I've never been to Paris and if I did go it'd be to look at galleries.

Don't often remember dreams but every now and then one comes along that i just can't get out of my head,
in the latest one i'm driven into the hills by someone (don't know who) the car is stopped at the highest point overlooking a beautiful green valley, then the sky is filled with these large white crane like bird but they have long flowing tails.
they split into pairs and start locking talons, more like eagles than cranes and as they do so one of them falls to the ground and its doom, among all these strange birds is a human figure just floating in midair, she too (can't see features but know it's female) faces on of the birds, she touches it on the breast with one finger and it drops. the figure was wearing brown/clay coloured clothes from head to foot and too far away to see any details,
that's really all i remember about the dream but it keeps running over in my head.

Silentman,

Had you been watching 'Spirited Away' ?

INT21

On holiday we had become friendly with a friendly Peruvian born girl. I had a flash dream of her being married.
She looked so happy.
I told her just before we left the tour and she said that she had been reconnecting with her ex so asked about the groom.
I said there was a tall thin chap there with glasses but wasn't sure who it was, so she showed me a picture on her phone.
It looked very similar but I said I didn't know.
Guess if anything happens she will tell my daughter on Facebook.

Dog fighting was the theme to my dream last night. I was stood in a house, arguing with a woman buttering garlic bread, that she was putting in an oven in a kitchen that was built like a glass lean-to. I was shouting and asking her could she stop it ( the dog fighting). She just kept nodding but doing nothing other than faffing with garlic bread. I was ranting that the dogs were tearing each other to bits and it needed to stop and every time I grabbed one dog and pulled it off the other, another would appear and the fighting would start again :(:( Much prefer the one I had a couple of weeks ago when I won the lottery :D:D

All I can remember of last night night's dream was the name of a place, Froxmer Street. It's been on my mind all day.
It's currently the site of an industrial estate in Manchester, but up to the '60s Froxmer Street was part of a working class residential area. The moors murderers kidnapped their first victim, Pauline Reade, from Froxmer Street.

So, what's that about then? I have no idea why I'd dream about that place name. I do know quite a lot about those murders but haven't read anything about them for a long time.

I've been napping in the day recently (off work and on opoid pain killers) so my dreams have been pretty cool .. one vivid dream I had today involved meeting two, I think, vampire kids .. me: "How old are you?" her "14" him (shooting her a scolding look) "18" ... then they both left climbing through the same window, she turned back to try and smile at me and half her face dissolved showing their true age .. I'm not even vaguely into vampire pop culture in day to day life so I'm not sure where that came from, I just remember everyone human with me in the dream deciding not to f**k with them and so they didn't harm us.

My dream was about death.

Techy and I are planning an exciting bike ride which includes going over a rather spectacular bridge.

When I dream about bridges it's really about death so if course in the dream we'd put off the trip. I'd bumped into an old friend for the first time in years and was off for a coffee and a chat with him instead.

I told my friend about the postponed excursion and he said 'Oh yeah, I expect I'll be going over there pretty soon!'
He knows the area well so it wasn't surprising.
We were having a nice time catching up when my alarm rang.

Bridges in my dreams mean I'm thinking of death, as when someone's seriously ill. The old friend I dreamed of is associated in my mind with someone else whose health is poor. He's the one going over the bridge!

I had an extremely vivid dream last night that President Trump had made a speech in which he appeared to suggest that America was engaged in WW2 before any of the other Allied forces (because, you know, we never pull our weight).

I just wanted to get that out there in case it really happens.

(Actually, given the truly bizarre nature of so much that comes out of the mouths of certain politicians these days - I couldn't actually swear that it hasn't happened already.)

I had an extremely vivid dream last night that President Trump had made a speech in which he appeared to suggest that America was engaged in WW2 before any of the other Allied forces (because, you know, we never pull our weight).

I just wanted to get that out there in case it really happens.

(Actually, given the truly bizarre nature of so much that comes out of the mouths of certain politicians these days - I couldn't actually swear that it hasn't happened already.)
I could almost believe he'd come out with something like that.

In last night's dream I am preparing to move to some place else.

But no matter how much I pack away in crates the remainder still grows.

I can never catch up.

But I think I know the cause of this dream. I have far too much 'stuff' that I have accumulated over the years. I really should just dump a lot of it. But maybe I will need, tomorrow, the things I throw away today.
I come from a very impoverished childhood, just how poor we were I didn't realise until much later in life.
So basically I can't throw away anything that is still working and has cost me hard earned money.

INT21

(Revelations I may regret and delete tomorrow)

In last night's dream I am preparing to move to some place else.

But no matter how much I pack away in crates the remainder still grows.

I can never catch up.

But I think I know the cause of this dream. I have far too much 'stuff' that I have accumulated over the years. I really should just dump a lot of it. But maybe I will need, tomorrow, the things I throw away today.
I come from a very impoverished childhood, just how poor we were I didn't realise until much later in life.
So basically I can't throw away anything that is still working and has cost me hard earned money.

INT21

(Revelations I may regret and delete tomorrow)
I am exactly the same. I hate wasting stuff.

Me too. My youngest has been taking some of it and selling it on Ebay.

I'm not using this as a backdoor way of getting politics in here, but I genuinely dreamt about Brexit last night.

I was talking with my brother about the rise of authoritarian governments in the west (that'll teach me to watch Newsnight, which I used to watch avidly but it now just leaves me angry, sad and confused) while walking through heavy rain in the centre of town. In a more dream-like segment there was a comedy inflatable Neymar figure on a stairwell, which I was convinced was a real-life person, but my brother wouldn't believe me. I found a pulse and proved my brother wrong.

What a load of ol' nonsense!

The worst part is when you can't be sure you have awakened.

INT21

Last night I dreamt I was watching footage (on telly, presumably) of singer Alex Turner who inexplicably had decided to sleep in a homeless hostel that night. I think there was a commentator talking about it, voicing my thoughts as to why would he be sleeping there when he has a home.

So, one minute I was watching him curling up in some small space beside other homeless people and going to sleep, then the scene changed to the following morning, where the 'cameras' (my viewpoint) changed to follow him as he walked outside, around this sort of grassy area, and when he came across a large white wall he started painting it (dunno where he got paint/brushes from).

When he was finished there was this beautiful painting on the wall (I can't remember what it was now) and the commentator was saying how none of us knew he was a brilliant artist.

:artist:

I've had the strangest repeat dream two nights in a row now ..

I'm being hung .. or more accurately I'm in a processing corridor about to be hung ..

The corridor is similar to a hospital corridor and painted pastel blue, the place is more like a euthanasia vibe and I'm not at all upset or apprehensive that this is going to happen although I haven't made the decision so this is obviously some authority decision, I'm somehow in the future where hanging is painless and a sensible solution instead of a punishment. My friends and family are around me and as relaxed as I am, even the guy who's going to hang me is just chilling by my bedside and cheerfully answering questions while being kindly to me about the whole situation. I know it's pointless to ask him not to hang me and although a doorway is ajar in the area I'm in leading directly outside to a brightly lit water park, I don't feel any urge to escape.

In my dream, the repeat one tonight, I ask him why he's doing it a second time .. he apologises and says he's going to use three (something beginning with G, I think he said gurney) .. now I'm awake and typing this, I think I was aware in my dream that I'd dreamt that I'd been hung the night before but in the dream itself my character self remembered it as something that had actually happened .. weird ..

Before anyone gets worried about me, I'm not now or have ever been in the slightest bit suicidal or thinking about topping myself .. I don't know why I've been dreaming about settling for a cosy death ? .. perhaps it's related to the suicides of some lads in Cromer recently that I knew ?

I dreamt I hand built a skateboard out of scrap wood which is peculiar because I can't skate and I'm not interested in learning. The board got quite a few compliments though.

I dreamt I hand built a skateboard out of scrap wood which is peculiar because I can't skate and I'm not interested in learning. The board got quite a few compliments though.
Maybe you're making it for a kid you know? Or setting up a little business?

Maybe you're making it for a kid you know? Or setting up a little business?
Nope to either Mytho .. no idea what it as all about, I might as well have had a dream about auditioning for X Factor, equally unlikely.

I don't think I've ever had a coherent beginning, middle and an end to a dream before so last night's was pretty entertaining and more like starring in an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Beginning:

I've just arrived at a remote and huge red brick factory type building, it's a mixture of dated offices, corridors and a large warehouse. This is situated within a vast pine forest landscape. I'm with a lot of other new arrivals.

Middle:

We (the new arrivals) are starting to get to know each other, the current staff seem friendly and we are put at ease. A few staff get the munchies throughout the night until they start being hunted down, they try to hide but are always found and die in terrifying and sometimes gory ways, sometimes in small groups .. the old staff can become demons. It dawns on me that the new arrivals who are being slaughtered have all had a snack of some kind so the food might be drugged ?. All doors and windows have been locked so we're trapped inside.

End:

I run to a front office and lie down to hide behind a long black leather couch, trying to hide my feet so I won't be discovered. Not long after, the boss spots me & I'm told to meet him in the warehouse. I assume I'm also going to be killed but he hands me a letter instead that states no eating on duty is allowed .. but I haven't had anything to eat.

I've won and been given the job.

The weird thing is, I don't give dreams titles because they're just dreams but when I was waking up, the word 'foodies' just popped into my head without me trying to find a title.

I might turn the dream into a short story called foodies, a sort of Charlie & The Chocolate Factory mixed with Cabin In The Woods & Halloween 3 ... I enjoyed it ! :)

Back