• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Me again. I must be stuck in one of my cycles of vivid dreams.

Last night I dreamed I was out with most recent ex husband, and youngest daughter who, in the dream, was about three years old. We'd gone to a shop which was having a sale, things massively reduced, in what looked to be a collection of old houses all knocked together. My daughter was running about wanting to buy everything, but most things had gone and there was just a scruffy remainder on the shelves, a few bits of clothing on mannequins etc. I looked at one piece of fabric, multicoloured, hanging from a dummy and said to my daughter, 'look, a catsuit!' but she was more interested in the bits and pieces, and was running from room to room. My ex took me aside and told me that I owed him for the petrol for driving us there. I was taken aback, and took him outside where we had a discussion about who paid for what, and, as we had two cars, we should each pay for the petrol in our own, and I drove him about a lot without asking for petrol money. This resolved the discussion and we went back inside.

Last night I dreamed I was with my elderly friend John.

We'd gone on a coach trip to a big old castle/house (like Castle Drogo). It was a glorious summer's day, flowers everywhere, and we were walking through the beautiful gardens to get to the house. I know we walked through several rooms, then I needed the loo, which was a small door slotted into a corner beside another, bigger door. Whilst I was in there I stared at the window, which was a brilliant blue painted glass with thin metal rods across it (presumably to prevent anyone climbing in/out). The bottom rod had the number 1 on it, and was in front of a painted design which I couldn't see because the rod was in the way. I presumed that the 1 (which was hand-written in a kind of old fashioned script) related to something in a guide book.

John and I then walked arm in arm out of the house. I had to double back quickly to go to the loo again (I needed the toilet when I woke up), and this time there was a lady sitting in there reading a magazine, who just smiled calmly at me. Went back to get onto the coach, which was full of older people, and I thought what a good thing these trips were for the elderly who wouldn't otherwise get out much.

The whole atmosphere was so lovely and peaceful and there were huge roses blooming, a lawn and gravelled driveways, like a cross between The National Trust and heaven.

Oh, and before anyone asks the obvious - John is still very much alive and with us today! I did worry a bit, but he's already emailed me once, so I'm gathering that this wasn't some kind of 'Farewell, I am in a better place!' kind of dream.

I had a kind of cute one (amidst some really weird ones) last night.

I walked to this forest that I recognized. I knew that there were trails where some dead-ended and some kept going to interesting sights. It was something like a maze or game to figure out which trails to take.

So, suddenly I'm a fox and (I'm not kidding) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf starts playing as I'm frolicking along the trails, picking up sticks and biting them in half to lay down to mark an "X" every time I find a trail that dead-ends.

I find the main trail, pop out into a small clearing, and I'm human again. There's a group of hunters who are all complaining about how hunting isn't difficult anymore. One is whining about how with GPS they can't get lost at all. Another mentions that he has a 3-day supply of food just in case. They agree to cancel their hunting trip because it just wasn't challenging enough.

End dream.

A weird dream where I had to construct animals from Lego - but using no more than 36 bricks to get the most accurate likeness. The test-setters were very clear about this, as I remember; one model was a cow and the other was a springboek. This segued into yet another internally contradictory and mutually exclusive directive from my employers.

Last edited:
I found myself in a small market town called Whey, (there's no such place),
Hay-on-Wye? "Whey" gets nearly there twice over - annual lit festival and a gathering point for eccentric people in a rural setting

Last edited:
Nothing but nightmares for the last few days. One particularly unsettling one where I was looking out over the city, it was dark but warm like a summer night and although there were no people all around was a noise of what seemed to be birdsong, very loud coming from nearby and the distance at once, listening more closely I realized it was children's voices though no words were distinguishable. Quite unsettling.

I don't often remember my dreams much beyond waking, but the one I had last night has stayed with me somewhat today.
I was working in a large open-plan office, in the first floor of an old building. The lighting was poor.
I realised that I was being a bit of a fraud, employed by the company, but I didn't seem to have a specific job, but nobody seemed to know this, so I was sitting at a desk, not really being responsible for anything, and just doing my best to look busy.
It was quite a disorganised office, and there was quite a bit of mis-matched furniture.
Then I realised that my ex-wife also worked there, sat some desks away.
And then in walked the boss. He was a well known UK politician.
Then I found myself leaving the building and trying to (but unsuccessfully) find my car.
I expect that the whole dream was some sort of sub-conscious comment on current events, but beyond that I have no idea, and nor do I know why the details of this dream are sticking in my mind today.

Last night I dreamed that a whole load of us were being evacuated as some kind of tidal event was expected. We were taken on board a train (where I had to ride on the roof like you see in the Indian subcontinent) across a very flat green landscape and ending up in a kind of shopping mall type place. We walked through a supermarket where the shelves were being stacked and I couldn't understand why, as all this would be underwater when the Event happened. Then I realised that only a few would be 'saved' and they were just trying to keep up appearances for the people who had to carry on as normal. There were big shutter doors just past this supermarket, designed to keep the water out. I found a ripped rucksack, containing food, and some bags of pasta, which I picked up, reasoning that food was going to be scarce on the other side of The Event. We went up through the mall into a kind of Elizabethan mansion where we were going to have to live, and I kept saying that we needed to go up, we needed to be higher in order to be away from the water.

In real life I live on top of a very steep hill. I am never going to be in danger of flooding unless everyone else in Yorkshire is living on an ark.

Last night I had two vivid dreams.

In the first, i had gone on a coach trip with my friend. It was a city somewhere like France, beautiful sunny weather and roads high up with views down below. I had needed the loo, so had gone off in search of one, but found that all the toilets had very long queues and the coach needed to leave. Somehow I got left behind, and ended up in a different city, in an open market, trying to text to the coach driver whose number I had. I was furious with my friend, who doesn't have a mobile phone, and was frantically trying to get this text to go through. When it did and the coach came back for me, I realised that I STILL needed the toilet...

I woke up and went for a wee.

Then back to sleep to dream that I had moved in with an ex and was slightly annoyed about it. He was trying to show me how the boiler system worked and kept telling me that he was showing me how to work the 'Boost', but there were no buttons on the boiler so I couldn't see what he was doing - it appeared to be bumping his forehead against the machinery.

Among others I only vaguely remember, I had one that stuck out last night.

I was in this building. It was huge, the layout was sort of a campus but there were all these long hallways that sort of dead-ended with doors leading outside. There was some sort of benefit sale or some kind of event going on (maybe both?).

I stepped outside and saw there were a few cops and a whole bunch of "volunteers" that were going to go in and keep order, arresting people, that sort of thing, although the event(s) seemed peaceful until that point.

At four points throughout the dream I saw things that were "definitely" ghost-related. I kept going over them in my head so I had all the details straight. The only one I remember now is something about a ghost living in this little hidden area and it called attention to itself by opening this cupboard drawer, which I witnessed. There was something about that ghost trying to put on pants that then disappeared, too.

This is at the tail end of the dream and all I could think of was, "Oh, boy! I can't wait to go home and post this on The Forteana Forums! I've actually witnessed 4 individual, completely unexplainable events that clearly prove this place is haunted!"

Then I woke up and thought I'd post the dream here for fun. :D

Last edited:
Sunday night I dreamed I was rolling up pages of books and smoking the words like cigarettes.
(Some version of "put that in your pipe and smoke it"?)

Monday afternoon I took a nap and dreamed that I was walking along, spilling blue ink in a trail behind me. I went to get some paper towels and found a love letter to me written on the roll. (A sweet love letter to soak up my blues, I take it.)

Last night I dreamt that I was trapped on the surface of Mars with my family, and a hamster; we all had to cram ourselves into a tiny Mars launch module, which was barely big enough for us all. Before we took off I had to perform the important task of chopping up some carrots for the hamster.

Project_Deimos_-_Mars_Surface_Base.jpg

Last night I dreamt that I was trapped on the surface of Mars with my family, and a hamster; we all had to cram ourselves into a tiny Mars launch module, which was barely big enough for us all. Before we took off I had to perform the important task of chopping up some carrots for the hamster.

View attachment 51785

There has to be a short story in that!

Apart from I keep talking to my dead Brother I have dreams of Alien Invasions but one of them was like my home town Tynemouth was invaded by pilots who were Orange but human looking and then the town was attacked by Russians.

Humiliation over Dog Wee

Dreamed I went to a house where I was supposed to be working, in a care in the community-type situation.
The building was a bigger version of the home of a deceased relation so I knew the layout.

Went to use t'lavvy only to find the seat covered in a Heath Robinson arrangement of bowls and funnels to enable the resident small dog to use it. I did of course try to move this carefully but only succeeded in spilling stale dog urine all over the floor.

A discreet search for a mop ensued. I hoped nobody would go in there until I'd cleaned up.

At some point I opened the back door and said JRT shot through it like a bullet and went tearing off towards the front of the house, evidently intent on escaping up the street. I hope nobody'd notice because it would surely be my job to chase it on top of the mopping.

Sewing Machine Problems

Sat down to sew - no machine! :omg:

Thought we'd been burgled but it had fallen down behind the table.

All of the above is completely explicable in terms of recent events chez Snail. You really don't want to know. :(

I sleep with my window open, and the forecast gales arrived here to some degree in the early hours. so this dream is probably attributed to that.

I was sailing, either to Ireland or to France, it was never clear which, with an old friend (with whom I have lost contact in real life). We were waiting at the dock for the ship, first of all, and friend was pointing out how calm it was in the harbour and how rough the sea looked further out. We could see huge waves and the spray rising from them, it did not look safe to sail! I was half hoping the journey would be cancelled, but no. We got on board the ship, I'd been hoping that the size of the boat would mitigate the worst of the waves, but it was rocking and dipping and, at one point, went so far over on its side that I thought we'd sink. Friend seemed blithely unconcerned, even when a young man walked past us, handing out old plastic ice cream containers in case of sea-sickness.

i said, somewhat hopefully 'oh well, at least it's only a ninety minute crossing', only for friend to laugh rather patronisingly, whereupon I tried to get a straight answer as to how long we would be on board, unsuccessfully. She just kept laughing and smiling, as though it was a secret! I think there was a part of the dream prior to getting on the boat, when friend was in the sea and progressively larger waves were sweeping in and I kept shouting a warning.

The really odd thing is that I have sailed in quite rough conditions before and never been sea sick. Yet I quite often have dreams of being forced to set out to sea on a rough day and I'm petrified of being ill...

Sunday night I dreamed there was a new covid-19 variant called "Blue Devil." All the headlines read "Are You Bedeviled by The Blue Devil?" (Lots of blue symbolism in these recent dreams. :conf2:)

Monday night I dreamed I went skydiving, of my own free will. (har har - must have got someone else's dream by mistake.)

Just after midnight on Tuesday morning, I dreamed that the world was ending, so my friend and I decided to spend our last day on earth at the beach. We played in the waves like dolphins under the fiery orange sun. This dream was very intense and seemed to last hours, but when I awoke, only a few minutes had passed.

In a dream I had last night I had gone to visit a popular 'youtuber' in their home up near Nottingham, and they were removing all their furniture and telling me that they were moving to Bisley (a village in Surrey).
No idea.

In a dream I had last night I had gone to visit a popular 'youtuber' in their home up near Nottingham, and they were removing all their furniture and telling me that they were moving to Bisley (a village in Surrey).
No idea.
It's weird to dream of specific locations that you don't know. I once dreamed of looking down from the top of a hill towards a distant Wells Cathedral. I've never been there and know nothing about it.

Looked very nice though. :thought:

Sunday night I dreamed I was rolling up pages of books and smoking the words like cigarettes.
(Some version of "put that in your pipe and smoke it"?)
Heh. Have actually done that. No papers to roll my spliff one night. The Bible has the thinnest leaves in the library, so took the bottom off the publication deets. Didn't seem kosher to skin up Genesis for some reason.

Wells Cathedral. I've never been there
I have. Don't remember that much about it.
My enduring memory of the place is trying to find somewhere to park, a very long walk in the rain, then a visit to a pub in the centre of town and a bag of crisps that was 'spicy' but made my mouth burn.

I often dream of places with no idea where they are.....I dreamt I was moving into a house share near a harbour the other night. It was a nice house with 2 kitchens and lovely bedrooms. We were having a moving in party and the place was full of fruit to make cocktails with using the juicers/liquidisers......

I have lived in seaside areas close (and not so close) to the sea in the past. But this wasn't any of them.

I don't actually remember the dream...but I sure-as-hell remember waking up from it.

It was something vivid, but not very exciting. Somehow, I startled myself awake, then promptly rolled right off the bed. Skinned my knee in the process.

No idea.
Was it Alex Bellend?

Back