• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who Ya Gonna Call? Ghost Hunters & Hunting

We have friends who run a pub. One of their locals used to do Jack the Ripper tours and is very knowledgable about the subject. If we go over he promises to take us on a private tour with our friends. They are only an hour from London. Also, as a bonus, one mate can get us exclusive access to The Hellfire Caves in Wycombe. I have been trying to persuade my wife for us to go for a few days.

Hellfire Caves are open to the public anyway. There are some parts off limit due to water. There's an interesting church nearby with a spherical room on the spire which was linked to the H.F. club membership as I recall. I don't think that's open to the public though.

Hellfire Caves are open to the public anyway. There are some parts off limit due to water. There's an interesting church nearby with a spherical room on the spire which was linked to the H.F. club membership as I recall. I don't think that's open to the public though.
I've seen that sphere. We never went into the caves though.

I won't know what our visit would include until we visit TBH. I think he meant that we may be able to visit it when it is closed to visitors.

i dont suppose you could arrange for your fellow forteans to get an after hours visit?

To be fair he could only pull strings if we were actually visiting. sorry. :-(

fortean teenager (o.m.god, count em) and i booked onto a haunted house visit next month ... her first, i did an all-nighter a couple years ago with ghostcallers at the moat house tamworth (interesting but i didnt pull) ... this runs until 2am, obviously shes pumped

ghost hunt went ahead as planned ... skeptical teen fortean avenger loved it until about 1 ayem then flaked ... was mostly the typical case of spinsters contaminating the data with ouija boards and bent sparklers

however i was able to capture some interesting audio, a discarnate breath no less, 4 minutes into a 24 minute audio recording in an empty room ... the first minute records us leaving the room, the last few minutes capture us coming back ... but with a clear and loud (enough) inhale/exhale at 4:30 !

the audio recorder didnt have usb so i had to use my phone to video it playing the section in question, have asked them for a full copy of the file if they possibly can provide

(ps. will not let me upload this filetype)

I Was at blair street vaults last night, on the first vigil I was in the caretakers room when I heard a rattling noise right next to me, I thought it was my voice recorder being picked up, but when I looked there was nothing happening and it didn't happen again.

Nothing else happened the night, but it was an interesting place to visit

Just listened to the recording and their IS a funny noise, I can't describe it, then you hear me ask my friend if he heard anything and he says no

If you're looking for work & fancy earning 50 grand a year whilst combining being a nanny with a spot of ghost activity, this could be just the job for you:

A Scottish family are recruiting for a £50,000 a year live-in nanny - a job that also comes with a private living space and complimentary food - but one small catch is putting all the applicants off.

Well - it's not that small. The parents are after a replacement babysitter after losing five workers in just 12 months due to 'supernatural happenings' in their historic home, including glass shattering and 'strange noises'.

The family have enlisted the help of social media on their mission, in the hope they'll find someone brave enough to take on the challenge at their 'haunted' residence in Scotland - and hopefully one that can outlast past employees.

A job ad appeared on Childcare.co.uk last week looking for an au pair who is willing to look after two children, 5 and 7, at the family’s 'spacious' house, which also boasts 'spectacular' views over the Scottish Borders.

And that was the last we ever heard from escargot1..

I was ghost hunting at the royal gunpowder mills, Waltham abbey, last night. It was a very quiet night, but if the rumours are correct I should make the most of my time there, being a site of scientific and historical significance doesn't save your from the builders it appears.

Back at Newsham park hospital tonight!!
FB_IMG_1503689707535.jpg

It was a very quiet night, apart from loud scousers, but it's such an atmospheric place I can't wait to go back.

some videos i uploaded onto youtube of friday nights ghost hunt at newsham park, there is nothing spooky in them, its just so you can see what it's like in there. If i had a pulse rifle and 50 xenomorphs it would have been perfect.

Started listening to my voice recordings from Newsham this morning and got this right away, I am not claiming it's paranormal, but it's interesting.

A very quiet night, apart from loud Glasweigans, the ship is really interesting, but paranormal wise the strangest thing to happen was when we were told to stand in a circle with copper wire over our hands and wait till the spirits moved the wire. they did as well.

Heh, I've tried to find my account of it but can't. It was fresh in my memory at the time so if I retell it now and someone finds the original and spots me getting a detail wrong, I can only apologise.

wavy lines

Escette and I were visiting Barcelona and went to see a wooden sailing ship docked there. It's owned by the Spanish navy and is seaworthy and kept absolutely, er, shipshape.

We wandered round it, both above and below decks, for some time, full of admiration. It was spotless, absolutely swept clean, not even dusty. The only equipment was saw was a set of ropes neatly coiled up in the hold. We were mainly alone as it was early in the season.

We had several cameras and mobile phones on us but found that we couldn't take photos. My main digital camera's screen didn't work and the other one would take the picture and I'd see it on the screen and then it'd just vanish. The phones too refused to play, so we didn't get a single picture.

After we'd been there a good while and were thinking of going for tea we stood below deck to chat, all alone, under a solid bulkhead (not a hatch) when I felt something fall onto my shoulder. I turned in time to see it hit the floor and went to grab it, and found that it was a small flat metallic type button. Like you'd see on a uniform shirt.

Nobody else was around and I wasn't near a door or hatch. The button fell vertically onto me. Maybe it was jammed between the planks and happened to drop just then, who knows?

I took it home and still have it somewhere.

Heh, I've tried to find my account of it but can't. It was fresh in my memory at the time so if I retell it now and someone finds the original and spots me getting a detail wrong, I can only apologise.

wavy lines

Escette and I were visiting Barcelona and went to see a wooden sailing ship docked there. It's owned by the Spanish navy and is seaworthy and kept absolutely, er, shipshape.

We wandered round it, both above and below decks, for some time, full of admiration. It was spotless, absolutely swept clean, not even dusty. The only equipment was saw was a set of ropes neatly coiled up in the hold. We were mainly alone as it was early in the season.

We had several cameras and mobile phones on us but found that we couldn't take photos. My main digital camera's screen didn't work and the other one would take the picture and I'd see it on the screen and then it'd just vanish. The phones too refused to play, so we didn't get a single picture.

After we'd been there a good while and were thinking of going for tea we stood below deck to chat, all alone, under a solid bulkhead (not a hatch) when I felt something fall onto my shoulder. I turned in time to see it hit the floor and went to grab it, and found that it was a small flat metallic type button. Like you'd see on a uniform shirt.

Nobody else was around and I wasn't near a door or hatch. The button fell vertically onto me. Maybe it was jammed between the planks and happened to drop just then, who knows?

I took it home and still have it somewhere.
can you remember the year? The glenlee was owned by the Spanish navy, but I think it was back in Glasgow when mobiles where commonly in use

Last edited:
Back