• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

Trail of the Pink Panther. Made two years after Peter Sellers death by sticking together loads of outtakes from earlier films, although halfway through the film they give up on this and resort to simply showing scenes from the other Panther films in the guise of flashbacks. Not content with merely exploiting Peter Sellers after his death, Blake Edwards also exploited David Niven as he was dying from a neurological illness. Niven was so ill during the shoot that he was unable to speak his lines coherently, so his voice was simply dubbed in afterwards by someone doing the worst David Niven impression imaginable. How tasteless is that?

Whats so impressive is that everything about this film is awful. Not only was the entire concept of making it just very very wrong, but the acting, direction, camerawork and even the sound dubbing are all absolutely atrocious.

Rrose Selavy said:

Imagine if Travolta was run over by a bus and instead of Saturday Night Fever they had a special showing of this Sci fi Epic?
Well, it was his personal project movie.

So serve him right, I say! :D

Highlander II: The Quickening

No, seriously, I dare you to watch it.

Polterdog.

P. S. Manos: The Hands of Fate, on the other hand, is so appallingly bad, you have to watch it, for its sheer crapulence. It's one of those films that is so bad, that it's actually good. "But, Polterdog, I thought Plan 9 from Outer Space was the worst movie ever made?" Nope. You, my friend, have yet to see Manos. :)

Mars Attacks was supposed to be bad :p It was obviously intended to be absolutely rediculous, and thus it's unique and bizarre charm.

Some movies are so bad they're good. And warrent their own existance because you can make fun of them and laugh at how stupid they are.

Other films are so bad that you believe that the production company has just pulled one over on everyone in the theater and tried to play off some sort of sick practical joke as a serious movie.

I barely made it out of Dreamcatcher and House of the Dead alive ;P

I like campy movies though. Like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and the like.

And a lot of those MST3k movies would probably be unbearable without our friends on the Sattelite of Love. I can't imagine watching Manos without them. Or Parts: The Clonus Horror for that matter.

AndroMan said:
Well, it was his personal project movie.

So serve him right, I say! :D

Radio Times reports the project took so long to get made he was by then too old to play the hero character as he originally wanted.

Polterdog said:
Highlander II: The Quickening

No, seriously, I dare you to watch it.

So bad in Highlander 3 they completely ignored the fact that this film had ever appeared ;)

I have tried to watch it a number of times and just can't - it annoys me so much. I must assume it was done to provide the right kind of material to spin off the cartoon which they possibly planned to merchandise to death (you can't really sell kids "grimey New York alley playset with old people in car accessories" but cool whizz bang sci-fi stuff will just jump out of the shops!!!).

zizzerzazzer said:
I like campy movies though. Like Killer Klowns from Outer Space and the like.

Great film - doesn't even deserve to be metnioned in this thread ;)

Check out the IMDB entry for this - there is a thread running trying to decipher Klown Kwotes ;)

Many moons ago I had a happy night in once where I rented that and "Body Melt" because they looked to be the worst in the shop and they were both great (although you'd probably have needed to see Neighbours to appreciate the latter)!!

Kanga!!!

sidecar_jon said:
Titanic... two minets i lasted.
Worth it for the last twenty minutes - the sight of DeSproutio freezing to death is the highlight of the movie. Bit like the appalling "My Girl" - again, worth the wait to see Macauley Culkin being stung to death by bees :).

As for Highlander II, The Quickening - no comment.

Worst film I've seen lately? Timeline. Closely followed by The Core (even if the latter does mention the FT ;)).

Emperor said:
So bad in Highlander 3 they completely ignored the fact that this film had ever appeared ;)

I have tried to watch it a number of times and just can't - it annoys me so much. I must assume it was done to provide the right kind of material to spin off the cartoon which they possibly planned to merchandise to death (you can't really sell kids "grimey New York alley playset with old people in car accessories" but cool whizz bang sci-fi stuff will just jump out of the shops!!!).
And, more importantly, it was ignored (along with some of the original film) for the most succesful arm of the franchise, the TV series.

Which was disturbingly good, if a little silly, and full of inconsistencies and plot holes big enough to drive an Armoured Regiment through.

I reckon Pearl Harbour comes under "its so bad its good". I nearly choke with laughter at the bit where the Japanese pilots are preparing for the attack.:rofl: And some of the "inspirational" dialogue is just priceless!:D

I'm rather looking forward to Battlefield Earth on Saturday. I've not yet had the pleasure.

son of pink panther is pretty bad, mind you it was made as a tax loss, a mate of mine worked on it - got loads of pay - only worked 9-5 (unheard of in films) and got accomadated in a 5star hotel in tunisia - nice! he actually bought a house with his earnings from that one

Great site about Sextette:

http://www.jabootu.com/sextette.htm

And a tidbit:

Barrington, believing that his TV interview was a triumph, finally returns to his wife. Here we lead into the film’s, and perhaps Cinema at large’s, most grotesque moment. Random musical notes start drifting across the soundtrack, like flakes of radioactive fallout. Eventually, a semblance of a musical pattern emerges, but one which our mind refuses to recognize. Then the ‘singing’ starts, and we can no longer evade the truth. The couple is soon butchering their way through The Captain and Tennille’s "Love Will Keep Us Together." (!!!!!)

Words can not adequately describe the sheer repugnant horror of this scene. It’s like gazing upon one of H. P. Lovecraft’s Old Ones, something so momentously and unimaginably monstrous that even perceiving the edges of it threatens one with madness. (Just ask Andrew Borntreger.) As such, one hardly knows where to start listing some of the more evident flaws. Still, here goes:

The way Barrington begins the song as normal speech ("Love. Love will keep us together…") before it ‘blossoms’ into song.

The fact that Timothy Dalton cannot sing. He tries to do that Rex Harrison speak/singing thing, but can’t pull that off either.
The dumb-ass selection of "Love Will Keep Us Together" as the couple’s signature tune. What the hell?

The fact that the song has to be modified in so obvious a fashion. Arguing that a lasting love is more valuable than a fling, the song’s central couplet is "Someday your looks will be gone/When the others turn you off, who’ll be turning you on?" For obvious reasons, the reference to looks being someday gone isn’t going to fly here. Therefore they change the line to "your looks will never be gone," which plays havoc with whatever small point the song has.

The fact that West’s contribution to the duet largely consists of tossing in the occasional "stop" and "what-ev-ah."

When Barrington ‘sings’ "who’ll be turning you on?", he pulls out a diamond bracelet and waves it at his wife. Now, back in the ‘30s, a woman forthrightly using her sexuality in order to make her way in a Man’s World might have been viewed, by some stretch of the imagination, as progressive. In the ‘70s, however, it just seems rather tawdry. And as an action during a romantic love song moment, well, it leaves something to be desired.

A 32 year-old Timothy Dalton is singing a love song to a practically embalmed 87 year-old Mae West, and, uh….ewwwww!!

Anyway, that’s about all I can take of thinking about that. As we know, movies often alternate horror with humor. And while I can’t really say that the following bit is ‘funny’…oh, never mind. Barrington is about to get *shudder* romantic with Marlo when an insistent knock comes at the door. Why, it’s The Who’s Keith Moon (!!), playing Marlo’s costume designer! And guess what – he’s flamboyantly gay! A clothes designer! What a twist! Moon gives perhaps the film’s most undisciplined performance, which is saying something. He’s so far over the top that if he fell he’d crash through the Earth’s crust. Either that, or he’s just unimaginably happy at being the sole male cast member who doesn’t have to make goo-goo eyes at the antediluvian Marlo.

The Underground Comedy Movie has been hocked on late night cable TV for years now. Out of 500 votes on the IMDB it has a stunningly low user rating of 1.5 out of 10.

This movie doesn't exactly inspire apathy. I've noticed from the reviews on the IMDB and Netflix that it creates a deep, burning hatred. Naturally, it's on my To Watch list.

Some examples:

"Let me tell you all something...I once had a testicular infection that was the worst pain i've ever felt in my entire life. I had to have surgery because whenever the doctor tried to examine me...I screamed bloody murder. I'd rather live with that pain every day of my life while at the same time having my spleen dug out with a rusty spoon without anesthetic then watch one more minute of this crap. The person who wrote it...directed it...and starred in it...should be banned from TV, movies, stage and anything that has to do with the public for the rest of his life."

"If we want to get Saddam Hussein to start talking, we should strap him to a chair and force him to watch this movie."

"I know everyone else has already done this. I just had to add my voice though. This is the worst, least funny comedy I have ever had the misfortune of having to sit through. I wanted to kick my best friend in the groin for suggesting it."

From a user calling himself the director's mother:

"To all of those who have had the misfortune of even having to endure one minute of this horrible trash (I won't even dignify it with the word film) I am truly sorry for giving birth to the retard who went on to create such garbage, had I known he would amount to this, I would've popped an entire bottle of RU486. Again forgive me."

"Ever watch a movie that transcends the screen and becomes something that moves you and you ponder and it ends up changing your life? This is the TOTAL antithesis of that. The Underground Comedy Movie is to comedy as excrement is to cleanliess. This is a sad, sad, pathetic movie. Believe all the bad one star ratings and avoid it at all costs. Do not even rent it out of morbid curiosity. "

"I can safely say that I too have fallen victim to this truly horrifyingly bad film. Unfortunately I will never get back the 2 hours of my life that was wasted with this trash. I would like to know who hell told these kids that they had any talent other than sucking?"

"Please, kick me in the head...HARD! This movie was the most God awful thing I have ever seen! It was like a car crash, horrible, but yet you're compelled to look. Usually, when I encounter a bad movie I find joy in making fun of it's badness, thus making it good. But I couldn't subject myself to this movie for a moment longer, even to make fun of it. Please, do yourself a favor, bang your head against a rock instead of renting this movie. You'll get much more enjoyment."

"So sad...someone gave this to me as a gift and I can't give it away. I just don't hate anyone that much."

"Now, let me first explain that I'm a very apathetic person with low expectations for my movies. This piece of pathetic monkey dung was so terrible that I am going against my very character and writing a review. I get a kick out of a good prank but if this was intended for anything other than a bad prank against the world then I would be very surprised. "

"If there is a god out there please strike these directors down and make sure they never make another movie."

"Keep The Underground Comedy Movie underground... bury it!"

"For years I heard about The Underground Comedy Movie, from word of mouth, to the cheesey TV spots they ran for the film. I even came close to buying the DVD a few times. Now that I've actually seen the movie, I thank god every day that I didn't shell out the $30 for this worthless crap. The Underground Comedy Movie has got to be the unfunniest movie ever. Words can not explain how bad this film really is. All I can say is, I didn't even pay to see this film, and I still feel cheated for wasting the time to watch it."

"Please for the love of all that is holy, if you cherish your sanity- never view this movie. "

"The worst movie....ever! I can not even try to explain the things that was running through my head as I tried to watch this movie. It wasn´t any good thoughts... must warn everyone, this movie sucks so much ass that it is a wonder that it was ever made."

"Really, nothing of this movie is funny, or disturbing, or anything else it claims to be so don't waste your money. The only thing it is good for is giving to your worst enemy. I'm not lying about that. Someone who you would love to kill or torture would be a prime candidate for this film. It is that awful. If you don't believe me then you deserve to suffer through the misery of watching this, which I doubt you can finish."

"The Underground Comedy Movie, is possibly the worst train wrecks I've ever seen. I got the feeling watching this movie that its creators made it and laughed hysterically with their friends about it. Perhaps this was full of inside jokes we just didn't understand. Or perhaps it's the worst piece of trash ever made and it should be locked away in a vault and dumped in the Arctic Ocean."

"Apparently Director Vince Offer took a 2-Day film class & decided to make a movie. Unfortunately what you get is `The Underground Comedy Movie.' This is the type of agonizing torture that you would feel bad making your worst enemy (possibly an ex-wife) suffer through. Perhaps this projected was green lighted by the same people that uttered the words `Casper Van Dien as Tarzan, it'll make millions!' Now onto the review. Let me tell you, I have seen better acting in a Marc Singer movie. Oh what was that wonderful line of dialog, oh yes I remember "Curse this supernatural fog" ode to `Beastmaster III: The Eye of Braxus' (see this one if you want quality). One thing about this movie that did disturb me was the fact that I had to pay $30 and 90 cents (or so my credit card statement says) to have my mind sucked right out of my ass!!"

"Did it offend? Yeah, my wallet. We've vowed never to speak of this brutally awful piece of silicone that is a DVD. We've burned it, buried it and urinated on the ashes. DO NOT SIT THROUGH THIS MOVIE EVER."

"I've become an IDIOT because I watched this movie. This movie..... SUCKED. I can't describe the full detail of what I experienced last night... this was the WORST movie I have ever seen in my life, and I'm the kind of person that watches completely terrible movies and actually enjoys them. I think I lost about 7 points off my IQ by watching this piece of trash. I was drunk when I saw the commercial for this movie on the comedy channel. The commercial seemed funny at the time. I started the movie, and after the first scene with the guy with the fan, I needed beer. I knew I was going to be in for a long night. I didn't completely give up hope. I watched the entire movie, from start to end just to see if there was a part that was legitimately funny and creative. I enjoyed Slash's roll the most. I don't happen to like Slash. By the time the movie was over, I was really drunk, and really depressed. Luckily for me, I got a call from someone I hate who wanted to come over to my house and kick me in the ribs a couple times, and this cheered me up."

And on and on and on.........

Adrian Veidt said:
Another thread just reminded me

Forrest Gump

Overblown, sentimental claptrap with an extremely disturbing subtext.

Unwatchable!

I agree that this film is claptrap but what is the extremely disturbing subtext? I didn't catch that.

Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow.....AAARRRGGGH!

I used to quite like Jude Law, too - what WAS he thinking? What is the point of this 30s pastiche nonsense?:eek!!!!:

Eyes wide shut. One of the worst films ever made by probably the best director Cinema has ever produced. Work than one out :!:

Wenshep said:
Adrian Veidt said:
Another thread just reminded me

Forrest Gump

Overblown, sentimental claptrap with an extremely disturbing subtext.

Unwatchable!

I agree that this film is claptrap but what is the extremely disturbing subtext? I didn't catch that.

Be a simpleminded moron and prosper; be adventurous and die horribly of AIDS?

I think I've already mentioned "Battlefield Earth", but it's worth repeating what a load of old cack it was.

Its only good point was the Harm it did to the reputation of L Ron Hubbard, not that that was good to start with.

Battlefield Earth or Queen of the Damned-absolute dirge, no redeeming factors in either film, except maybe seeing John Travolta fall flat on face and lose loads of money/ seeing Aliyah in some pretty revealing costumes

Redneck said:
Battlefield Earth or Queen of the Damned-absolute dirge, no redeeming factors in either film, except maybe seeing John Travolta fall flat on face and lose loads of money/ seeing Aliyah in some pretty revealing costumes
Going by that assessment, Battlefield Earth wins hands down. :lol:

Has anyone seen Constantine yet?

Van Helsing
Troy
Big Fish
Wishing Stairs (extremely boring & crappy Korean "horror" film)
The Village
Secret Window
Lost In Translation

...looks like visiting the local cinema during last year has been a big waste of money.

I was watching a film the night before last and had no clue what it was at first. Then I decided that it couldn't possibly be an actual film, I must have fallen asleep and was dreaming it.

But no, it was Highlander III in which they pretend that the first two films never existed and make up a new story with one or two of the same characters. It was shit and I'd have turned it off much earlier if I didn't quite fancy one of the lead characters.

I am reassuringly shallow and predictable. ;)

Highlander - Great film, mucho enjoyment.
Highlander II - Huh? Changes background plot, alternative future, funny in-jokes. Reasonable for a giggle.
Highlander III - Whaaaat? So, are the Immortals still aliens from Zeist?
Highlander IV - Nice bit of Connor McCleod background, predictable lead-in to tv series but again, Immortal origins studiously ignored.

Secret Window

Oh no is it that bad? I have read the short story and thought it was pretty good.Its a shame it cant be transfered into a good film.

sjoh9 said:
Secret Window

Oh no is it that bad? I have read the short story and thought it was pretty good.Its a shame it cant be transfered into a good film.

Put it this way, two minutes into the film I'd guessed the ending and thought "Ho ho that's clever, waving an ending in your face to draw you away from the real ending."

Nope that was the real ending. Witness total disappointment.

Somebody mentioned Queen of the Damned a while back which was on the TV few weeks ago or so .Agree very bad and even the prospect of Aliyah could not keep me watching. few Pop stars are renowned for their acting unless they play to type like Lydon in Order of Death with Harvey Keitel which I vaguely remember wasn't too bad for a debut or Bowie's man who fell to Earth skinny Alien.

Back