• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

wasn't Queen of the Damned actually not intended to be realeased and was only released to cash in on Aliyah's death?

sjoh9 said:
Secret Window

Oh no is it that bad? I have read the short story and thought it was pretty good.Its a shame it cant be transfered into a good film.

I haven't read the short story but now that I think of it, I think all the films made out of books/stories I like have been disappointments. I'm trying hard to find an exeption...nope, can't think of any now. Maybe later, but I'll doubt it.
And yes, I'm one those annoying people who always state at the end of a film "the book was so much better".

I haven't read the short story but now that I think of it, I think all the films made out of books/stories I like have been disappointments.

Especially Stephen King stories.

And yes, I'm one those annoying people who always state at the end of a film "the book was so much better".

Except in the case of Interview with the Vampire, where the book is a load of old tosh.

Emperor said:
Many moons ago I had a happy night in once where I rented that and "Body Melt" because they looked to be the worst in the shop and they were both great (although you'd probably have needed to see Neighbours to appreciate the latter)!!

Slightly tardy response to your comment Emps, but is "Bodymelt" the one where mild-mannered, Salvation Army volunteer and recovered amnesiac Harold Bishop utters the immortal line "f**k the f**king cops", and Toby Mangle MKII splits his head wide open whilst skateboarding? If so, i'm in complete agreement - truly, the cream rises to the top :lol:

TMS said:
is "Bodymelt" the one where mild-mannered, Salvation Army volunteer and recovered amnesiac Harold Bishop utters the immortal line "f**k the f**king cops"

I am intrigued. Where may I find this cinematic wonder?

TMS said:
Emperor said:
Many moons ago I had a happy night in once where I rented that and "Body Melt" because they looked to be the worst in the shop and they were both great (although you'd probably have needed to see Neighbours to appreciate the latter)!!

Slightly tardy response to your comment Emps, but is "Bodymelt" the one where mild-mannered, Salvation Army volunteer and recovered amnesiac Harold Bishop utters the immortal line "f**k the f**king cops", and Toby Mangle MKII splits his head wide open whilst skateboarding? If so, i'm in complete agreement - truly, the cream rises to the top :lol:

Thats it indeed. It also has Melanie from Neighbours too if I remember correctly.

IMDB entry:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106450/

Quentin Tarrantino says it is his favourite Australian film - its possibly mine too ;)

You always think that the Japanese are capable of producing something utterly strange but this is out there and really defies description you just keep on thinking "and the bit with the ear in his hand" and...... As I said it really takes on whole extra dimensions if you've seen Neighbours!!! And my Dad is the spit of Harrold (and pretty much liek Richar Whitely) so that makes it extra distrubing for me.

[edit: I believe the effects were done by the same people who did the effects for Braindead (Dead Alive) and if you wanted a full on night of Antipodean gory madness then you couldn't go far wrong with watching both films - although it might be a little too much ;) esp. as Braindead is the goriest film ever made - measured by the volume of fake blood used during filming.]

Colin: Well from my experience dirty and dingy video rental shops (although there are less of them around these days) or Amazon have a good version (and you can even rent it from them):

www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001NIXMS/

Thats on my to buy list next time I am summoning stuff from Amazon!!

* Stands on soapbox. *

Is a film objectively bad because you happen not to like it? Or good because you do?

It’s usually obvious when a movie’s script, acting, camera work, editing, effects or soundtrack are inadequate. Yet it can be deficient in all these departments and provide enjoyment, just not in the way that its director intended. For instance, Plan 9 from Outer Space falls far, far short of the highest professional standards, as does the rest of Ed Wood’s output. It still manages to entertain some of us as well as many better-made movies.

The issue of a film that is widely considered good offending individuals’ tastes or values is more complex. It can get very emotive, as the tone of a few of the posts here demonstrates.

IMO, it should be possible to admit that a film has admirable technical qualities while having good reasons (if only personal ones) for hating it. Take Leni Riefenstahl and Sergei Eisenstein. Both are famous directors, but they made films for Hitler and Stalin respectively. Do you appreciate the genius in their work or despise it as totalitarian propaganda? There may be no contradiction in doing both.

To give an example of my own, I’ve never seen a Quentin Tarantino film I’ve liked, but I can’t deny the man’s talent and intelligence. He himself admits that his work doesn’t appeal to everyone. I was impressed by an interview where he said that he realised some people were dismayed by the violence in his movies, “but that doesn’t mean they’re morons.”

* Gets off soapbox. *

I’d like to nominate Deathstalker and Deathstalker II as thoroughly awful films that are amusing all the same. Every expense must have been spared in making these sword and sorcery ‘epics’.

Why are they so bad? Well, you can choose from wooden acting, silly/pretentious dialogue and the numerous things that don’t make sense. I particularly liked the assassins in Deathstalker II, who attack from behind but yell loudly so you know they’re there anyway.

There’s also a Deathstalker III and IV, which I haven’t seen. They probably aren’t any better.

Incidentally, the female lead in Deathstalker, Lana Clarkson, is the woman Phil Spector is alleged to have shot. Stand by for rumours that it or her other films are cursed…

Some of those Italian nazisploitation movies are pretty deplorable. Gestapo's Last Orgy is the worst one I've seen. There's no sense of camp in it at all.

Looks as if there may soon be a tv channel devoted to dross. Like we'd notice the difference!

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/story/ ... 58,00.html

After FilmFour, it's film flops

Owen Gibson, media correspondent
Friday March 11, 2005
The Guardian

Fans of the "so bad it's good" school of film-making are in for a treat with the launch of a channel devoted to the worst movies ever made - but stars such as David Jason are unlikely to be laughing after seeing their early efforts exhumed.

Two hundred straight-to-video stinkers, TV movie turkeys and high-profile flops have been rescued from the vaults for the launch of Bad Movies in the spring.

The schedules will include Plan 9 From Outer Space, the infamous 1959 Ed Wood directed sci-fi movie that invariably appears on lists of the worst ever films, and Big Valley, a western starring the Six Million Dollar Man Lee Majors.

"You get the feeling that the film was put together by a quarrelsome committee of third-graders, and aimed at an audience of chimpanzees," says one typical review of Plan 9 on the Internet Movie Database website.

David Jason, the star of TV's Only Fools and Horses, appears in White Cargo, a 1973 offering about white slaves, while a youthful David Hasselhoff appears as Boner in the US high school comedy Revenge of the Cheerleaders.

The service, which will initially broadcast from 9pm to 9am every night, hopes to become cult late-night viewing for students, insomniacs and others turned off by the Hollywood blockbusters available on mainstream movie channels. If it proves a success, it will launch around the clock.

The News of the World's film critic, Paul Ross, brother of BBC1 chatshow host Jonathan, will link the films with a wry commentary. Bad Movies, along with a sister channel Matinee Movies, will launch on Sky Digital at the end of next month.

"We've got a vision that there's a gap in the market for us to grow ad-funded film channels that aren't trying to compete with the mainstream. Without being too Gerald Ratner about it, we'll take great pride in showing complete crap," said Ashley Faull, a founder of Sit-Up TV, which operates shopping channels with a turnover of £200m a year. It will invest up to £5m in attempting to establish the new channels.

The recent film Team America was utter garbage.
I always hated South Park anyway - absolutely no mumour content, nothing of any worth at all. Any talentless idiot can use foul language and generally be obnoxious and abusive, but that's not being funny.
Anyway, I thought I'd give Team America a chance because the style of it appealed to me - I always loved Gerry Anderson's stuff. The puppets were OK, I suppose, and the first time they appeared on screen I admit it gave me a laugh, but this soon wore off, and you were left with a typical South Park script. Over gratuitious use of the F word, crude innuendos, generally abusive and unlikeable characters.
I reckon about twenty or more people got up and walked out during this film. I only stayed because I wanted to get my money's worth. Come to think of it, I'd blown my money anyway, so I should have just walked out myself.

Bad Boys 2, utter utter utter rubbish, Will "im so cool"Smith........ give me a bucket !!!!

Any movies that i've seen with Micheal Dudikoff...American Ninja anyone?

Anchorman, with Will Ferrell. :cross eye It wasn't even amusing or worthwhile in a so-bad-it's-good way, just puerile and unfunny.

ok, i have to admit that I didn't read every single post on this thread, so I don't know if this has already been said...

but Satan's School for Girls has got to be one of the MOST appalling movies I have ever seen.

And I make a point of getting out really bad b-grade movies because I usually enjoy them. But this one is indescribable. I think the fact that Shannon Doherty is in it may have something to do with it...

I was taken by my best friend to see White Chix..god knows why as she knows I'm a complete film snob who only likes a film if its got sub titles....I understand the film won a golden raspberry, personally I would have taken anybody associated with the film out in the woods and shot them.

The same friend took me to see Andrew Lloyd Webbers 'Phantom of the Opera' knowing that Andrew Lloyd Webber makes me gag (note to self:change friends). By half way through the film I was trying to slash my wrists with the ring pull from my pepsi.

Titantic!!!! The mere mention of Celine Dion should have warned me, 2 hours ( or was it 15? ) of crap.

But for sheer unmitigated 'I just don't get it' power the film 'Grease' wins hands down for me. Can somebody explain the appeal???

Georgina said:
But for sheer unmitigated 'I just don't get it' power the film 'Grease' wins hands down for me. Can somebody explain the appeal???

We were young at the time. And Hormonal.

It had catchy songs and a young Stockard Channing in it.

-

Grease Two really sucked bigtime! It didn't even have the innocent charm, the catchy (if not dull) songs and a young Stockard Channing.

You want Stockard Channing? Get The Big Bus - a spoof disaster movie comedy with her, Jose Ferrer and Larry Hagman.

"Look out! He's got a broken milk carton!"
"Why d'they call you 'Shoulders'?"

Just remembered this exceedingly sucky bit of suckage: Krippendorf's Tribe. :shock: Appallingly, life-denyingly, excruciatingly bad. I watched it with a friend of mine when it came out on video. We should have been tipped off to its suckiness by the presence of Jenna Elfman. Does anyone else think one of these days JE is going to peel off her weird, snarling face to reveal something even worse underneath or am I just weird?

Can I put in a dishonourable mention for the recent re-make of Texas Cahinsaw Massacre? Arse-water. Ninety minutes of my life I will never get back.

Oh, and while I'm about it, American Psycho 2 was on the other night. Inexplicably bad film. As if made for TV by work experience people who had never seen a film, a television, or a book, any book, let alone American Psycho.

101 said:
Can I put in a dishonourable mention for the recent re-make of Texas Cahinsaw Massacre? Arse-water. Ninety minutes of my life I will never get back.

I can say the same about the original Texas Chain Saw as well. Utter garbage IMO of course :D

Elffriend said:
101 said:

I can say the same about the original Texas Chain Saw as well. Utter garbage IMO of course :D

Ah, but then is it an even greater sin to remake something which was arse to start with, and make it no less arse than to make an original pile of arses?

Er, I haven't seen you online lately.

*pulls hand down and looks around with a distracted air*

Leaferne said:
Er, I haven't seen you online lately.

*pulls hand down and looks around with a distracted air*

Nah. Had computer issues. Sorted now. Nice to know that I've been missed. 8)

Have I mentioned 'Battlefield Earth' the only movie that I thought couldn't possiblybe as bad as the reviews it got, but was actually worse.

So bad that you couldn't even get a bit of camp 'so bad it's good' fun out of it.

Lousey concept, pitiful script, terible acting, ludicrous camera angles, cheap and nasty looking SFX... :evil:

Robin Hood prince of thieves

Was there ever a more cringeworthy film made?

Well yeah I suppose Titanic came close

Back