• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

I'm surprised no one has yet shared the wonderful ''Who Killed Captain Alex'', Uganda's first action film. The acting, the script, the special effects... if this is not Oscar (or Golden Raspberry) material, I don't know what is!

Good news movie fans, they now have merch!!! Expect the unexpectable.

https://supastore.wakaliwood.com/

Plus, the first scene from their second venture: Bad Black

Worst investment to terrible outcome ratio - Braveheart by a mile. Don't start me. Concept, script, remoteness of nods to accuracy, principal acting............

Worst investment to terrible outcome ratio - Braveheart by a mile. Don't start me. Concept, script, remoteness of nods to accuracy, principal acting............

I love it! Mel wades through rivers of Sassenach Gore! The Patriot is almost as good when he he chops up the redcoats with a tomahawk!

Worse than Robin Hood Prince of Thieves with Kevin Costner and that Bryan Adams song?

I haven’t been able to read all this thread so forgive me if already mentioned, but the 2008 straight to DVD “horror” Legend of Harrow Woods was appallingly awful and without redemption (or a plot)

@titch isn't a Sassenach! Neither am I, and what I say about Braveheart is that it's exactly what you'd expect a religious maniac with a messiah complex and serious bigotry issues to make. And then he made The Passion of the Christ...

Only joking about the calling Titch a Sassenach bit! But it's good at times to see invaders getting their comeuppance even if it is a tad exaggerated. Gibson may well be a bigot and religious maniac but Braveheart is just like so many other adventure epics. Except in this case the Colonisers rather the Colonised are portrayed as savages.

Woefully historically inaccurate of course, I remember seeing it with a friend when it first came out. Afterwards we passed TCD and saw a Trinity Scholar* we knew at the front gate, he sadly informed us that there were rather a few inventions in it not least being the defenestration of Edwards boyfriend by Longshanks.

*I think they have a rota.

To be honest, almost everyone was a savage in it, apart from Sophie Marceau (playing a 9 year old) and the gay couple who are murdered (jeez). I know they were tough times back then and no place for an avocado eating, cafetiere using softie like me, but unironically glorifying all that bastardry of the past with zero insight apart from macho chest-beating left me turned right off. Three bloody hours of it as well!

To be honest, almost everyone was a savage in it, apart from Sophie Marceau (playing a 9 year old) and the gay couple who are murdered (jeez). I know they were tough times back then and no place for an avocado eating, cafetiere using softie like me, but unironically glorifying all that bastardry of the past with zero insight apart from macho chest-beating left me turned right off. Three bloody hours of it as well!

At least only one member of the gay couple was murdered, Longshanks wasn't going to kill his son and heir. Imho though the violence of the oppressed (however savage) cannot be equated with that of the oppressor.

The Patriot was also a howl, slaves were treated so well that there was a danger that the Blues might never have been born (forget who wrote that). Some great hand to hand fighting scenes in it though. Especially when Gibson and his sons ambush the redcoats.

I thought Braveheart was okay but I would argue it is the least historically accurate film I have seen.

I thought Braveheart was okay but I would argue it is the least historically accurate film I have seen.

There were pretty good battle scenes in it. Also I just remembered, Longshanks threw the guy out of the window because he tried to give him advice on battle strategy, not because he was gay.

But it's good at times to see invaders getting their comeuppance
Have you ever watched outlaw king? It's a much better movie then braveheart and more historically accurate, and If bashing English heids in is what you look for..https://youtu.be/m3G-n_t_JE8

A friend who studied history said "Star Wars was more historically accurate than that crap!"
I'm pissed off that Gibson is now working on a remake of one of my all-time favourite movies. The bastard's doing a remake of The Wild Bunch (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2028582/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3) I hope Sam Peckinpah comes back to haunt him.

Back