• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Worst Movie EVER?

What's that?

"How can a movie starring Kevin Spacey and Christopher Walken be rubbish?"

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

From what I recall there's only about a minute or two of the big bunnies in the film, the rest of the 90 minutes is middle-aged actors discussing what to do about them.
Thanks for the warning .. think I'll give it a miss then ..

Here's a classic bad flick - the Godmonster of Indian Flats:
From the IMDB description:

A mutant sheep is on the move near a ranch in the American West.

I found that one strangely compelling, it's very dreamlike and the monster looks memorably weird (when you can see it).

'Monsters that shamble at extremely low speed can only shock in dimly-lit enclosed spaces'

Being chased by an elderly rug in broad daylight ≠ horror.

I found that one strangely compelling, it's very dreamlike and the monster looks memorably weird (when you can see it).
Looks like Spielberg's work.

The Godmonster of Indian Flats looks horrific! :eek:

Why is it's front leg like that? It just makes things worse.

I'd watch that .. which isn't saying much ..

Christ that looks shit and not in a good way ..

I think I may have chuckled once, and I'd had a few Stellas by that point.

It's on Netflix if you fancy experiencing the wonder for yourself.

Such a wasted opportunity....it could have been an ultra-sarcastic world- weary Spacey vocalising the inner turmoil of being a cat in a human's world, while trying to avoid his sadistic feline-torturing Walken neighbour.

Sadly not.

I think I may have chuckled once, and I'd had a few Stellas by that point.

It's on Netflix if you fancy experiencing the wonder for yourself.

Such a wasted opportunity....it could have been an ultra-sarcastic world- weary Spacey vocalising the inner turmoil of being a cat in a human's world, while trying to avoid his sadistic feline-torturing Walken neighbour.

Sadly not.
Thanks but no thanks .. even at my lowest ebb, I don't think even I'd be able to find an ironic laugh out of that judging by the trailer or whatever it is. It looks dreadful and I like 'so bad it's good' films. 'God Monsters Of Indian Flats' looks like good fun.

Can anybody tell that I dig weird old films? Keeping with an animal theme is the killer human/turkey hybrid Blood Freak:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132888/
A biker comes upon a girl with a flat tire and offers her a ride home. He winds up at a drug party with the girl's sister, then follows her to a turkey farm owned by her father, a mad scientist. The father turns the biker into a giant turkey monster who goes after drug dealers.

A partial list of recent films I've watched, then felt like suing those responsible in order to have the lost hours returned to me:

Noah: You were given Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins, and you produced this?

Anything I've ever tried to watch involving Wes Anderson, including The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and especially The Royal Tenenbaums. I would commit suicide with a malfunctioning propane torch rather than sit through another minute of his work.

Mamma Mia!: Watching this (at my wife's insistence) was akin to having fudge rammed down my throat using a snooker cue. My only thought as I reeled away afterwards was: Slut, get thee hence to the STD clinic!

Cloud Atlas: Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Overlong does not compensate for incomprehensible. Quite the opposite.

Watchmen: See comment for Cloud Atlas above.

maximus otter

A partial list of recent films I've watched, then felt like suing those responsible in order to have the lost hours returned to me:

Noah: You were given Russell Crowe and Anthony Hopkins, and you produced this?

Anything I've ever tried to watch involving Wes Anderson, including The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, and especially The Royal Tenenbaums. I would commit suicide with a malfunctioning propane torch rather than sit through another minute of his work.

Mamma Mia!: Watching this (at my wife's insistence) was akin to having fudge rammed down my throat using a snooker cue. My only thought as I reeled away afterwards was: Slut, get thee hence to the STD clinic!

Cloud Atlas: Whisky Tango Foxtrot? Overlong does not compensate for incomprehensible. Quite the opposite.

Watchmen: See comment for Cloud Atlas above.

maximus otter

The Royal Tenenbaums is fantastic.

Well Starcrash, mentioned various times across the board previously but not apparently in this thread, deserves a name-check, surely?

Mrs Allicorn showed it to me a few years ago, recounting a tragicomic childhood memory of a cheapskate relative - expected to be providing a shiny new Star Wars video cassette for Xmas - instead delivering the excited young lass a gift-wrapped disappointment in the form of this trashy gem.

Well Starcrash, mentioned various times across the board previously but not apparently in this thread, deserves a name-check, surely?

Mrs Allicorn showed it to me a few years ago, recounting a tragicomic childhood memory of a cheapskate relative - expected to be providing a shiny new Star Wars video cassette for Xmas - instead delivering the excited young lass a gift-wrapped disappointment in the form of this trashy gem.
Wow, that is pure trash! I can't believe they got Christopher Plummer and David Hasselhoff in that!

David Hasselhoff in that!

I'd say Hasselhoff turns in what could be the least hammy performance in the whole ludicrous affair.

The movie starred in one of the recent (Season 11) Mystery Science Theatre 3000 shows; which is on Netflix, I believe.

Starcrash is among the worst movies I've seen. It's just about watchable as an episode of Mystery Science Theatre, and that's only due to Caroline Munro's presence in the movie. In fact, I'd watch it again for Caroline Munro.

Wow, that is pure trash! I can't believe they got Christopher Plummer and David Hasselhoff in that!

John Barry did the music, too. It's like James Mason once observed about his Continental movies he did strictly for the money, he didn't expect anyone to actually see them, and then they would show up on TV years later and embarrass him.

My daughter insisted I take her to The Emoji Movie last week. It was probably the most pointless film I've ever had to sit through, but she liked it, so yeah. :yawn:

My daughter insisted I take her to The Emoji Movie last week. It was probably the most pointless film I've ever had to sit through, but she liked it, so yeah. :yawn:

My friend took his daughter to see it too. I asked how it was. He said "the poo emoji wasn't the villain. 'nuff said." :p

You'll probably be looking forward to the My Little Pony movie with eager anticipation, coming to a cinema near you soon.

Back