• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

michelleeb1970 said:
however, when i see a real one, no matter how fake looking, i get a reaction. my nose tingles, and my eyes water up. its quite a srong reaction. for example, that photo of that monk with the melty face. it looks so obviously fake. and yet every time i see it, my nose tingles away and my eyes water up so much i can barely see. hence - its real.

no, i can't explain. yes, i've heard of one other person who could do it (oddly enough, the boy in the room next to me in university halls). yes, i realise it sounds ridiculous, and that there is no scientific explaination for it. nevertheless, there it is.

This happens to me too when I read or hear a great story of weirdness, it's happened to me ever since I was a kid. Mind you, I do have very watery eyes, which can't help.

TVgeek said:
Leaferne said:
TVgeek, I'd love to see it!

Here is the Elevator Shaft Ghost -- sorry it has taken
so long to scan... I've searched all over the web
and found nothing!

liftghost.jpg

Impressions?

TVgeek

Nice and comes with a story. :yeay:

michelleeb1970 said:
Ok, it's time to own up to an odd skill I have. First of all, lets assume ghosts are real, whatever the reason for them (just for the purpose of this post).

when i look at a ghost pic, i can tell if i's real or faked. faked ones, or accidents, get no physical reaction from at all. for example, that lift one. i really want to believe that's real, but not a thing happens.

however, when i see a real one, no matter how fake looking, i get a reaction. my nose tingles, and my eyes water up. its quite a srong reaction. for example, that photo of that monk with the melty face. it looks so obviously fake. and yet every time i see it, my nose tingles away and my eyes water up so much i can barely see. hence - its real.

no, i can't explain. yes, i've heard of one other person who could do it (oddly enough, the boy in the room next to me in university halls). yes, i realise it sounds ridiculous, and that there is no scientific explaination for it. nevertheless, there it is.

btw.orbs? not a thing. nada. not a tingle. not a single tear nothing. complete blank every single time. i'm so bored of orb photos.

Does it happen for anything else you look at?

MaxMolyneux said:

Does it happen for anything else you look at?[/quote]

Nope. not even onion photos. Creeps me out a little, if you want to know the truth.

You say it only happens for "real" pictures and not the faked ones, but how do you know which ones are real and which ones are faked?

mindalai said:
You say it only happens for "real" pictures and not the faked ones, but how do you know which ones are real and which ones are faked?

that's the point. i don't. its my physiological reactions that determine it. some electrical impulse in my brain reacts to 'real' ghosts and not fakes...and it doesn't depend on my own personal opinion of them at all. that melting monk picture iught to be fake! its too hackneyed to be real..its nt right, its a bloke in a scream mask...but i get the strongest reaction every time.

i'm not saying i understand it, or that it makes sense. but it happens.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. You say that you only get the reaction for "real" photos but if your definition of "real photo" is that it makes your nose tingle then isn't this a bit of a circular argument?

Let me put it another way. Is your nose tingling the only criteria you use to decide whether or not a picture is fake?

edited for spelling

michelleeb1970 said:
mindalai said:

that's the point. i don't. its my physiological reactions that determine it. some electrical impulse in my brain reacts to 'real' ghosts and not fakes...and it doesn't depend on my own personal opinion of them at all. that melting monk picture iught to be fake! its too hackneyed to be real..its nt right, its a bloke in a scream mask...but i get the strongest reaction every time.

i'm not saying i understand it, or that it makes sense. but it happens.

You sure you don't just feel creeped out by the look of them and thats why you get that feeling?

I saw a realy good picture in FT only a few months ago. a woman was in a hotel and had taken a picture out of a window. You could see the reflection of what looked to be an elderly ladys face in the glass. Ill sort through my pile of FT's to find the edition and post it here. it wasnt the reflection of the photographer as she didnt have a camera infront of her face.

Seen a few of those type on the internet.

The Reflections are mostly in things like clocks or mirrors on the ones I've seen.

I agree with you guys. I have an extreme reaction to some ghost photos but not others. That doesn’t mean I assume that the ones which cause the extreme reaction are real, just that they’re more freaky than others!

Photos never freak me out.

Reading about things like old hag syndrome or tulpas have freaked me about when reading about them.

Pictures never freak you out? Well, I can take quite a bit, too, but recently I stumbled over this painting that was/is being sold on eBay. It is by far the creepiest painting I've ever seen and after looking at it, I couldn't get it out of my mind for days.

Notice the hands on the window behind the boy...

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/haunted_painting.html

There's a thread about that picture somewhere on here.

I can never understand why people find it so freaky. To me it just looks like a bad painting.

faith2faith said:
Pictures never freak you out? Well, I can take quite a bit, too, but recently I stumbled over this painting that was/is being sold on eBay. It is by far the creepiest painting I've ever seen and after looking at it, I couldn't get it out of my mind for days.

Notice the hands on the window behind the boy...

http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/haunted_painting.html
With links like that, I always think it's going to be one of those trick ones where something leaps out to scare the bejeebus out of you when you're staring at the screen.
Now that truly is a creepy painting, I normally don't go in for hokey "haunted" stories like this but something about those close ups made me click that page off quickly! The horrid empty- eyed girl doll and the boy staring straight at the viewer. "shudder" :eek!!!!:

There is a link here to an interview with the artist [http://www.stonehamstudios.com/haunted.html

Apologies if it doesnt work as a link, I never know how to do that!! :cry:

They say if you open that link 3 times your dick turns into a pencil.
I'm not going there.

Newby Church Gost is an image to keep you up at night when 6 years old!!

I haven't read all 12 pages of this thread, but THIS is the picture which turned my bowels to jelly as a kid too! :lol:

I think I saw it first in one of my dads Arthur C C's books... It never left me. :shock: lol

Has that photo still not been proven to be genuine or fake?

Only hear that it's a possible double exposure but how can it be when he was alone? :?

gncxx said:
michelleeb1970 said:
my nose tingles, and my eyes water up. its quite a srong reaction.

This happens to me too when I read or hear a great story of weirdness,

Me too! I thought I was just a wimp! It's definitely not a "cry" response - I don't feel sad or anything - but it often looks that way to other people. I thought it was a strange reaction myself. It's kind of a a relief to know it's "normal" (I'm assuming if it happens to the three of us, then it's normal!)

Excellent! I wonder how widespread this reaction is? Perhaps Horizon could do a programme on it?

I know three people who have that reaction, my husband, and my two best mates [one male, one female]. It is interesting, I don't get it, I get goosepimples all over.

Many of the images on this thread are no longer visible due to the delights of Photobucket. The images are trying to be replaced based on their descriptions.

It is better if images are inserted rather than linked to - they can be inserted and then a link to the site given - the insertion will reduce the chance of images going missing.

Many of the images on this thread are no longer visible due to the delights of Photobucket. The images are trying to be replaced based on their descriptions.

It is better if images are inserted rather than linked to - they can be inserted and then a link to the site given - the insertion will reduce the chance of images going missing.
Are there any copyright issues doing this, or does the provision of a link count as an acknowledgement?

Are there any copyright issues doing this, or does the provision of a link count as an acknowledgement?
The posts that are being replaced are ones that were stored in image sharing sites to start with, so all that is being done is they are being stored in a different location and the link is an extra part which has not originally present. So there is actually more acknowledgement than before.

Back