• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Your All-Time Favourite Ghost Photos

spillage said:
Just the interior/exterior shots of the van that's selling on ebay as haunted, possibly to attract more interest, as with hotels and Innes/pubs etc...
You're not supposed to see anything ghostly unless you're American and want to! hehehe!

Hey now...I claim no responsibility for my fellow Americans' lack of good judgement calls on ghosts. :)

I'm glad it's not just me Spillage, the only scary thing I could see was the decor, but there seem to be some people writing to the seller seeing all sorts of things!

The photo that gave me nightmares as an adult was taken in front of an historic building in New England (possibly Massachussets). It shows the front door. When developed, a 7-foot figure with wild hair dressed in a black robe and a grotesque face showed up.

Anyone seen this? I saw it on a TV show a few years back and still have nightmares about it.

Just found this picture, I dont know if its been posted on this thread already, I havent had time to search the whole thread.

Spooky

You can definitely see faces in the mist on that first piccy, or is it just a trick of the light? :shock:

BE warned! There are over 36 pages of crap photos depicting lense errors and camera strap obstruction being classed as "Awesome ghost captures"!
On a particullarly obvious strap picture....
The second picture is a vortex of my father standing in front me. I felt him their that night. The whole family is happy he came to be with us!"
Are there any non American sites that do this kind of destructive crap? :roll:

There are plenty of naive and gullible folks around the world, outside the US. Otherwise we'd have no way to explain the popularity of Most Haunted.

Stormkhan said:
There are plenty of naive and gullible folks around the world, outside the US. Otherwise we'd have no way to explain the popularity of Most Haunted.
What gets me is that people actually think that Most Haunted is real - it's no wonder people look at paranormal research and laugh at it.

Y...you mean Deggsy is a computer-generated character? Yet more evidence of the ineptitude of Capita ... I always thought I could see the pixellation near his hair.

I always thought he was a puppet with someone's hand shoved up his arse.....

The picture with the baby on it - it looks like two cuddly toys on the floor. Nothing spooky about that - but then I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.

I find it hard to accept ghost photos because how can we believe the "no one else was in the back ground" story unless we were there?

I know it's more wierd than ghostly but the spaceman photo (in a recent FT article) always freaks me out.

Most of the ghost pics that scared me when I was young have now been debunked or an explanation has been given which has taken the spookiness away!

Ah, so mant pictures, so many memories. My personal favourite has always been the Wem Town Hall fire pic but its good to see so many old favourites!

One recent photo that freaked me out appeared in an issue of FT some time towards the end of last year. I think it was a photo that had been taken in a supposedly haunted pub. My memory tells me that the picture itself was of a particularly gruesome face reflected in a mirror. Not sure but I think it may have been a reader contribution. Either way it gave me a few sleepless nights. Anyone else remember it?

They work for me (in Firefox), Spillage... :? Have you tried pasting the links in your address bar?

Neither one of them particularly look like Elvis. The one in the door looks like a reflection of a poorly-drawn picture.

Hell, let's not forget that Elvis didn't even look like Elvis before he croaked. :)

Leaferne said:
TVgeek, I'd love to see it!

Here is the Elevator Shaft Ghost -- sorry it has taken
so long to scan... I've searched all over the web
and found nothing!

liftghost.jpg

Impressions?

TVgeek

I'm trying to see the "Head, arms and legs." But all I can see is fogging. Sorry.

Vaguely human-shaped but possibly a simulacra. Pretty funky, though.

WhistlingJack said:
Further to the 'Elvis' photos I posted previously in the thread, this article features a picture of the 'ghost' of Jim Morrison.

Can't say I'd recognise Mr Morrison from that. Could be anybody. Maybe it's a ghostly tribute act?

Why is it considerd a Demon? just looks like a bit of crap on the film to me.

Looked more like an Angel wing to me.

Posters here were saying theirs more to spot but I can only see the wing looking thing.

Boot Hill spook

The Boot Hill Ghost: Just had a look at this and yes, the positioning is all wrong! It's as if the photographer deliberately took the photograph of his friend at an angle, and with enough of a gap on the right hand side for the 'ghost' to conveniently fit. Surely the usual way of taking such a photo would be to point the camera head- on at the subject placing him in the centre of the lens- but if the photographer had done that here, well the ghostly figure would have been directly behind him. Who knows how many of us have had spirits lingering behind us in our photographs, obscured by our too- solid bodies!?

Ok, it's time to own up to an odd skill I have. First of all, lets assume ghosts are real, whatever the reason for them (just for the purpose of this post).

when i look at a ghost pic, i can tell if i's real or faked. faked ones, or accidents, get no physical reaction from at all. for example, that lift one. i really want to believe that's real, but not a thing happens.

however, when i see a real one, no matter how fake looking, i get a reaction. my nose tingles, and my eyes water up. its quite a srong reaction. for example, that photo of that monk with the melty face. it looks so obviously fake. and yet every time i see it, my nose tingles away and my eyes water up so much i can barely see. hence - its real.

no, i can't explain. yes, i've heard of one other person who could do it (oddly enough, the boy in the room next to me in university halls). yes, i realise it sounds ridiculous, and that there is no scientific explaination for it. nevertheless, there it is.

btw.orbs? not a thing. nada. not a tingle. not a single tear nothing. complete blank every single time. i'm so bored of orb photos.

Back