• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

The penny reminds me of a strange smell that kept appearing around me over the space of about two months - seemingly out of nowhere just like the pennies. No, it wasn't THAT kind of smell. It was a smell reminiscent of incense, and people including my mum, commented on it it was that strong. It would appear in the house and then also in the car.
I am certain it wasn't my perfume, as I like florals, especially rose and peony based ones, so not like incense. There weren't any air fresheners in use either when the smell would occur. It only ever happened when I was around.

The penny reminds me of a strange smell that kept appearing around me over the space of about two months - seemingly out of nowhere just like the pennies. No, it wasn't THAT kind of smell. It was a smell reminiscent of incense, and people including my mum, commented on it it was that strong. It would appear in the house and then also in the car.
I am certain it wasn't my perfume, as I like florals, especially rose and peony based ones, so not like incense. There weren't any air fresheners in use either when the smell would occur. It only ever happened when I was around.
Loquaciousness, last week I was having a cup of tea at one of friend's house when suddenly there was a very strong smell of mint which she also smelled.
We couldn't work out where it might have come from and after a couple of minutes it just disappeared.
I have another friend where there's often a perfumey kind of smell or lavender but never mint before.

On the cycle track cycling to work at night. I get a flash of light in my helmet mirror and I look and it seems someone behind me has a helmet mounted light like me. Like mine it's pretty bright. I'm thinking who the hell could that be as hardly anyone cycles that way at night. I bump into maybe 2 people a year.

Anyhow the light vanishes, yet there is no real place they could have gone. A truck stop next to the track is fenced in and you can't cross the road on the other side.

I definitely saw a bike helmet light. The only explanation is that I had seen the past me of around a minute ago! Doppelganger-a go go!

Whilst doing some cleaning today ( as a treat, instead of marking - yes really! ), I felt something cold in my cleavage. On further exploration the toggle of my jacket had found its way down there, but a bit later - a penny fell out of the bottom of my t-shirt after obviously having been lodged there too. Now how did this happen? I was cleaning the cooker at the time, so no money on that. Also, I had been wearing the same outfit since early morning, so it didn't sneak in there whilst I was getting dressed. After dropping off son at school, I went straight to my marking - again no money anywhere. Minor strangeness indeed.
It's been known for enough food to feed a family of four to fall out of my cleavage at bedtime. The perils of having a low cut top and an ample bosom.....

Well, all this stuff was obviously built on old ley lines! :p

(Just draw random lines on a map - it's surprising how much stuff 'aligns' with other stuff!)

I have a bag of toiletries for when I cycle to work and have a shower.

I looked in the usual place I left it, nowhere to be seen, its about the size of those old football kitbags.

Went looking around the house and then returned to the place it should have been and there it was next to the cat scratching post.

The weird thing was when I spotted it I felt a small "pop" in front of my eyes but sort of in my head. Almost as if I'd just caught it rematerialising a very odd sensation.

We are always losing things in our house and I attribute some of this to the house pixie not just our senility.

I know how you feel Naughty_ Felid, it's infuriating and after you ask nicely for whoever took it to bring it back, walk out of the room, come back, and there it is in plain sight.

We have whole threads on disappearing/reappearing household items. Also on how to retrieve them. Prayers, cursing the pixies/miscievous spirits, calling on the dead, sticking the Devil and so on.

Yeah the thing that makes this a little different is I felt the kitbag reappear.

It was like I saw it but is wasn't there but it was - a split second.

Yeah the thing that makes this a little different is I felt the kitbag reappear.

It was like I saw it but is wasn't there but it was - a split second.

That's interesting, Naughty Felid. That's the only time I've heard of someone experiencing a physical sensation along with an apport. :cool:

UK dwellers may have noticed it's a trifle parky outside at the moment. But I get too hot if I drive in my down jacket, so I tend to ball it up and sling it into the middle row of seats in my motorised conveyance. A couple of days ago, on reaching my destination, I retrieved said jacket and tried to put it on, at which point I encountered a large round tin halfway down the sleeve. The tin was larger than the armhole, and was held quite tightly by the material. It needed some persuasion to come out. The tin is sometimes used as a snap tin, so its presence in the car is not unusual per se. But for it to have worked its way that far down the sleeve? Anyway, so far, so minor. Today? Similar scenario, but this time with a banana in the role of snap tin. (To my shame, I was insufficiently observant to note which sleeve, in either case.)

I think my jacket is getting hungry :eek:

Do you keep bananas in your car or did it just appear?
I used to, but then I discovered fruit bowls :) Even in these more enlightened days, however, I have been known to take an emergency banana with me. I put them on the front passenger seat, though, to be within easy reach whilst behind the wheel. It's not beyond the bounds of possibility I put my jacket there, too, but I still can't easily imagine the chain of events that would cause the banana to work its way up the sleeve. For some reason, I have in mind that footage of the python swallowing a wallaby.

Just a normal, mildly chaotic Saturday morning when this just happened, about 1/2 an hour since.
There were four of us and two dogs sitting in the living room, me and teenage daughter sitting either end of a sofa, younger children playing a game, in front of us, facing the tv and the dogs were rolling around on the floor play fighting.
Out of the corner of my eye i saw movement come from behind me where the kitchen door is and turned to see-(i presumed the child who was still in bed had got up and come down). There was a diffuse cloud of misty white, densest at about 4-4 1/2 ft up from the ground. It blew through towards the fire-place becoming non-visible as it passed the sofa and went in front of the window.
i would have passed it off as not much except in muttering 'well that was strange' (to myself as much as anything), my teenager said 'are you talking about that white thing that just went through here?' and gestured in the direction the cloud had traveled.
I replied that i was indeed talking about that and she said that the dog had also interrupted his wrestling and tracked it across the room.
The younger children, of course being engrossed in their game, saw nothing. And we didn't mention it to them either.

This morning I noticed a packet of Ginger Nuts was missing from the worktop where I thought I'd put them. Perhaps they were still in the shopping trolley? No, but found the receipt to prove I had bought them. Had they fallen down the gap by the side of the fridge? No. Finally I looked behind the fridge, and there they were. Quite a job to get them out too. But to get there, they must have launched themselves sideways off the worktop. :eek:

This morning I noticed a packet of Ginger Nuts was missing from the worktop where I thought I'd put them. Perhaps they were still in the shopping trolley? No, but found the receipt to prove I had bought them. Had they fallen down the gap by the side of the fridge? No. Finally I looked behind the fridge, and there they were. Quite a job to get them out too. But to get there, they must have launched themselves sideways off the worktop. :eek:

Or one big Fecking mouse!

Those small glitches in the holographic universe are part of what makes life interesting.

"I closed that door an hour ago, why is it open?" and so on...

Sometimes I use a script to automatically download a whole day of Scandinavian road webcams. Later I look for anything interesting. Some links here, and here.

On this image there's an animal in the lower right corner. A small horse? A donkey? A big dog? Can you identify it?

animal.jpg

There are 2, actually. I can see a large deer with antlers (or an elk) in the foreground.

Back