• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

This is probably on the wrong thread, so mods fell free to move it.

About time travelers.

What would happen if a time traveler, while in some future, died ?

The past is missing a body, the future has one it can't account for.

INT21
People dissapear and unidentified bodies turn up all the time, I don't suppose anything of a paradoxical nature would happen. Just another John/Jane doe.

Blessmycottonsocks,

The idea of multiple dimensions, realities or whatever you want to call them would seem to be the only answer.

A time traveler could be imagined to just disappear from his own time and people would assume he had been bumped off for some reason. The time he left would just carry on as usual but without him.

Going backward would need a whole new timeline based on what the effect of his appearance had.

Max Tegmark would be pleased.

The point you make are pretty much what I was thinking about.

One can imagine a couple having sex when the husband disappears in front of her eyes due to the son who is about to be conceived bearing a grudge against his father. Then going back in time and killing his grandfather.

INT21

What about block theory which essentially says that everything that has happened and ever will happen has already occurred and that you cannot even alter the future let alone the past. No branching multiverse, no free will but there is fate in a way.

So the question is 'when did the future already happen, and where ?'.

I have to admit that I find the idea of everything having already happened too far-out to be taken seriously.

There again, I don't believe in Noah's Ark either.

INT21

What about block theory which essentially says that everything that has happened and ever will happen has already occurred and that you cannot even alter the future let alone the past. No branching multiverse, no free will but there is fate in a way.

Whose version of a block theory are you referring to?

The most commonly encountered version is 'growing block theory' (a la Broad, back in the early 20th century), under which the past and present are fixed but the future simply isn't (yet).

I've seen side-references to a 'shrinking block theory' under which the future and present are fixed, but the past is beyond specificity somehow. I'm not sure anyone's invoked this version except as a discursive prop or straw man.

In any case, I don't think I've ever seen anyone promoting a block theory wherein all three facets are fixed and immutable. That would seem closer to eternalism, one of the early views to which growing block theory was introduced as an alternative.

I've always found the branching timelines conception of time-travel rather breezy. Where does the clone-universe spring from? How does it come into being? Are cosmoses like cells, and if so, what do they consume? Besides, if every instant that ever was somehow still exists, isn't that effectively a gaggle of parallel worlds? So the whole altering history bit seems redundant.

That said, there is a lovely Doctor Who novel in which it is explained that altered timelines do consume mass and energy, thus shortening the universe's lifespan by a fair few eons.

Whose version of a block theory are you referring to?

The most commonly encountered version is 'growing block theory' (a la Broad, back in the early 20th century), under which the past and present are fixed but the future simply isn't (yet).

I've seen side-references to a 'shrinking block theory' under which the future and present are fixed, but the past is beyond specificity somehow. I'm not sure anyone's invoked this version except as a discursive prop or straw man.

In any case, I don't think I've ever seen anyone promoting a block theory wherein all three facets are fixed and immutable. That would seem closer to eternalism, one of the early views to which growing block theory was introduced as an alternative.
Moving spotlight version. Not saying I believe it, just throwing it in the mix.

People dissapear and unidentified bodies turn up all the time, I don't suppose anything of a paradoxical nature would happen. Just another John/Jane doe.
precisely, ps. i think i came across you on youtube last night !

..precisely, ps. i think i came across you on youtube last night !..

I read about you in next week's obituaries.

INT21

(only joking) :)

A few interesting time slip accounts were uploaded to Quora recently. Not sure if they've already appeared in this thread. This one has all the classic hallmarks:

"When I was about thirteen I spent my summer holiday, as usual, in the English countryside and used to cycle from the village where I was staying to the local town. We usually did this journey by car and I was amazed at how much more detail I noticed from a bicycle. This particular day I spotted a small village or hamlet in the trees to one side of the road together with a small church or chapel. I thought this was quite wonderful - I'd never noticed this small group of dwellings before and thought cycling through on my way back from town to have a shufti. As I cycled back later the houses were still clearly visible through the trees but due to the lateness of the day I pushed on home. A day or so later I passed along the road with my mother in our car and tried to show her the village I'd discovered, but there was no sign of it. I cycled back and looked again and again on several days but to my confusion could find no trace of either a village, or of any group of buildings or farm that I might have mistaken for a small village. Even a recent Ordnance Survey map didn't show any building or buildings that could explain what I'd seen. In the end I just assumed I had been mistaken and had somehow misremembered what had happened.

About twenty years later I was in the local pub about three miles up the road from where this happened, and I came across a Victorian Ordnance survey map of the area and was looking at it when I saw a ruined village and church marked where I had seen the houses about twenty years before. The site of the village was no longer shown on the more modern map, but this older map showed quite clearly the site of a small village and church. Could this have somehow explained what I saw? I wonder what would have happened if I'd actually visited the village instead of cycling past.

I've made my answer anonymous as everyone I've ever told the story to, either laughed in my face and thought I was a liar or started trying to convert me to crystals and other weirdnesses. But this actually happened, it is true. I really saw the village, it really disappeared, and about twenty years later I came across a map showing a village where I had seen this one. I don't have an explanation. I just wish I had tried to cycle up to the houses to have a closer look."

A few interesting time slip accounts were uploaded to Quora recently. Not sure if they've already appeared in this thread. This one has all the classic hallmarks:

"When I was about thirteen I spent my summer holiday, as usual, in the English countryside and used to cycle from the village where I was staying to the local town. We usually did this journey by car and I was amazed at how much more detail I noticed from a bicycle. This particular day I spotted a small village or hamlet in the trees to one side of the road together with a small church or chapel. I thought this was quite wonderful - I'd never noticed this small group of dwellings before and thought cycling through on my way back from town to have a shufti. As I cycled back later the houses were still clearly visible through the trees but due to the lateness of the day I pushed on home. A day or so later I passed along the road with my mother in our car and tried to show her the village I'd discovered, but there was no sign of it. I cycled back and looked again and again on several days but to my confusion could find no trace of either a village, or of any group of buildings or farm that I might have mistaken for a small village. Even a recent Ordnance Survey map didn't show any building or buildings that could explain what I'd seen. In the end I just assumed I had been mistaken and had somehow misremembered what had happened.

About twenty years later I was in the local pub about three miles up the road from where this happened, and I came across a Victorian Ordnance survey map of the area and was looking at it when I saw a ruined village and church marked where I had seen the houses about twenty years before. The site of the village was no longer shown on the more modern map, but this older map showed quite clearly the site of a small village and church. Could this have somehow explained what I saw? I wonder what would have happened if I'd actually visited the village instead of cycling past.

I've made my answer anonymous as everyone I've ever told the story to, either laughed in my face and thought I was a liar or started trying to convert me to crystals and other weirdnesses. But this actually happened, it is true. I really saw the village, it really disappeared, and about twenty years later I came across a map showing a village where I had seen this one. I don't have an explanation. I just wish I had tried to cycle up to the houses to have a closer look."

All the hallmarks of a classic timeslip story. Though I approach with caution. :) Much as though I want to believe, in examples like this the lack of a place name can stand out as a bit of a red flag. I don't know if you have any way of contacting the original poster, but even getting some kind of broad idea of where this road and village are could help verify if there was at least something tangible in their story.

It is, of course, perfectly possible to get your locations mixed up. To confuse one road for another. We all do that from time to time. For example I work 'out in the sticks' between Leamington Spa and the small town of Southam, in Warwickshire.

For a short while a few years back my route to work, leaving Leamington onto a rural road which crosses The Fosse Way, became heavily diverted for a week or two around one of the local villages. It happened because a pub I passed daily on may way to and from work, with a proper period thatched roof, caught fire one day. And the resulting damage closed the road entirely for a while...

During those couple of weeks I had to follow diversion signs leading me even further out into the countryside, swinging around the village of Offchurch, and back to civilisation. As part of that diversion I found myself driving around the back of big old manor house which I had never seen before.

And this place was huge. Driving past it in the early evenings I could glance and see into these big bay windows, seeing nothing but darkness beyond them at that time of night. It was kind of eerie, among the silhouettes of empty autumnal trees.

But here's the thing, after the main road reopened and the diversion ended, I never went out that way again. And much as though I've taken alternate routes back and forth from work for a number of other reasons in the past decade not a single one of those other routes has taken me back past that manor house. And for a good few years I'd spook Mrs Ident out by talking about this vanishing manor house I'd found. Jokingly. But still.

I know what it is now, btw. It's called Offchurch Bury, and while it's a very old building it's a polo club these days. Nothing spooky about it. Well, it looks a little eerie from a distance, but it is a REAL surviving structure. I'm just damned if I know why the diversion took me that far north, as it would certainly not have been the most direct route back into Leamington, and certainly a little more difficult to find by intention whilst driving back home.

So, yes. We can get confused over the roads which we take. I'm not saying there's nothing in that original poster's experience though, blessmycottonsocks. It would be great if we could find out *where* they were talking about, as it would give us something to work with. To find maps and and explore the plausibility of their experience. And of there being a vanishing reappearing village. :)

I think that if they had been posting here, they might have given that. But on Quora they might yet feel a little to open to possible ridicule and negative response. :(

Last edited:
While I'm here...

There are two threads on these here forums which I think that anybody who is interested in time and dimensional slips should definitely take the time to read over. They're both quite long reads by this point (so you'd need to dedicate a little time to them) but they're definitely rewarding reads.

1) The first is the now justly classic Transdimensional Gas Station thread.

It was started on the old messageboards by poster Aouroborous, who unfortunately didn't appear to have re-registered after the boards moved.​

His is the story of a very old looking gas station which he stopped at in a low fuel emergency in the early 1990s. He was driving a mini-bus through a relatively remote part of Sweden, when he and a colleague realised they would not have enough fuel to get back to the Office at the end of a day.​

This somewhat ramshackle filling station at the side of a dilapidated set of buildings by a farmhouse, and its somewhat eccentric owner, were interesting because while Auroboros continued to travel through this area regularly he had neither seen it before nor managed to find it afterwards. It remained an oddity to him, from which he only had a hand-scrawled receipt of payment as evidence that the encounter occurred.

2) The second is a thread named These Roads Lead... where? which was pulled back up from the depths of these boards relatively recently.

It too references the Transdimensional Gas Station thread, as these posts were separated out into a thread in its own right from a series of responses on the TGS thread. As a result you'll have to wander down to Post #22 before the thread really gets going.

These Roads Lead... where? is a deeply personal thread detailing a series of unexplained occurrences experienced by poster backinthebush, whilst exploring forest and bush around the places where he has lived in British Columbia. In particular, a series of places he was taken to by a third party, which he was unable to find by retracing his steps at the time but which he later re-encountered many years - and hundreds of miles - away from where he had originally believed them to be.

It's a long read. But a very worthwhile one. There is a earnestness in backinthebush's story, of trying to explain a series of experiences which he has been unable to find a finite explanation for. It's a personal story over many posts. I would very much recommend a reading if you find yourself spare.

Last edited:
both classic threads, the ihtm way

nail in the coffin of the quorra story is lack of maps and references, when they are so clearly intrinsic to and specifically part of the narrative, versus a road somewhere in rural sweden/canada being criss-crossed unaccountably as per remembering a dream

Here's another Quora time slip posting. From K. Hari in Mumbai, who admits to being an author of fantastic tales, but claims this really happened:

"This happened in 2015 while I was working with a startup in Mumbai. I had to go to nearby studio for the post production of our documentary. The studio was on the 7th floor of the building, and like all the protagonists in my books, I suffer from selective claustrophobia. Selective in the sense that I can use an elevator if I have at least one person for company. I waited for 15 minutes for someone to come with me in the elevator but to no success. I didn't have anyone from the studio's number either, so I finally decided that I had to go in!

I entered the elevator and it stopped at the 1st floor, and ny heart almost stopped pumping. However, to my comfort, a watchman had entered the elevator and he was going to the 9th floor, so I had company. i thanked god for the blessing. He smiled at me and i smiled back nervously. I got out on the 7th and waved goodbye and stepped out of the elevator.

An hour later I was coming out of the studio with the editor. I asked him to accompany me in the elevator to which he was surprised. He told me that they couldn't use the elevator as it had been broken (not functioning) since the previous night. I didnt believe him and showed him. To my surprise, the elevator was not working at all. I told him about the watchman. That's when he told me that there was only one watchman for the building and he had passed away earlier that morning and it was impossible to have him there.

Now, I have no explanation to this. It is possible that the elevator was indeed working when I got in and I carved a watchman from my imagination just so that I could virtually have company. But then, if the elevator wasn't working, how the hell did I get up there?

Who knows? It could be the editor’s joke, it could be my imagination… or it could be true! It could be a time slip, wherein I forgot exactly how I got up there on the 7th floor."

I like that one. No way of proving it obviously. But it made me smile. :)

Location: Greater Manchester (though probably Stockport, given the poster's given location)

Date: Summer of 1988 or 1989

Type: Type 2: A clear sharp and totally realistic visual image. A witness will see it and have no idea that it is anything other than an ordinary image.

Persons Involved: FTMB poster Lee Stansfield

Number of Persons Involved: 4 - Lee and a total of 3 passers by.

Interactions:
  • Social – Acknowledgement of subject’s presence through eye contact or physical gesture.

Source of Testimony: FTMB’s It Happened to Me forum (https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/time-slip-or-fancy-dress.10714/#post-1783801)

Description:

Time-Slip or Fancy Dress?

Lee Stansfield
Stockport

This happened in the summer of 1988 or 89 when I was 18 or 19.

I used to go out with a girl who lived about two miles walk from where I lived with my parents and there were two quickish routes - one of them through a semi-rural area, the other along a main road. As it was a pleasant summer's evening I decided to take the semi-rural option and set off down a country lane to go and see her.

It was about seven o'clock. I had just passed a farmhouse and was approaching a bridge over a railway when walking towards me I noticed a man wearing plus fours, a flat cap and pushing an old-fashioned wooden wheelbarrow. As he came nearer we started to look at each other with a sense of puzzlement. As I had long hair at the time, I was used to being looked at in a strange manner and for my part, he did look rather odd. Assuming he was perhaps from the farm I carried on walking.

Then things became stranger, for now, in my direction, came two women dressed in what I can only describe as late Victorian/early Edwardian dresses and wide brimmed hats. Again, we regarded one another with a sense of bemusement without uttering a word and looking each other up and down, passed each other by.

After taking a few more steps, still feeling very puzzled by these peoples' appearance, I turned around to get another look, assuming by this stage I had happened upon some guests on their way to a fancy-dress party.

They had disappeared.

In the time it had taken me to pass them and turn around there was no way they could have got up the lane and into the farmhouse (the nearest building to the location).

Feeling a bit shaken by the whole experience, I hurried on into civilisation and my girlfriend's where my tale was greeted with a certain degree of mockery.

So what happened?

The area where I lived was not up for historical re-enactments and this style of clothing was certainly not de rigeur in late 1980s Greater Manchester!

The only sensible conclusion I could come to was that I had passed some people on their way to some sort of fancy-dress party, where guests had to wear Victorian attire! Even so, unless they darted into a field and hid behind a wall, there was no way they could have disappeared from view so quickly...

Notes:

As Lee Stansfield notes the Greater Manchester area was not big on historical re-enactments. It would not be impossible for all 3 individuals encountered to be modern people wearing period costume, but to what end is less clear. Fancy dress is possible. Amateur dramatics also, though why out in the open, and in the early evening?

Long hair on a male individual would generally have looked a little out of place in the Victorian and Edwardian eras.

It is hard to gauge just how long passed between Lee seeing the women and glancing back to re-observe them. But he appears to believe they could not have turned into the farmhouse that quickly. If this was a timeslip it appears to have ended shortly after the women passed him.

Last edited:
Perhaps the key word is "some"?

Time traveller from timeline A travels into future, thereby creating timeline B.
If he travels back again, it wouldn't be to rejoin timeline A, but into a new timeline C.
If you can accept the possibility of time travel at all, then the concept of multiple or even infinite timelines has to be considered. Hence there is no direct correlation between A, B or C. Even if he jumps forward say 10 years, no-one would say "blimey! That's the guy who mysteriously disappeared ten years ago and not looking a day older!" because in the current timeline, the mysterious disappearance would not have occurred.
It's all conjecture anyway, but at least the multiple timelines theory eliminates the causal loop paradox.
I suspect that all the theoretical analyses of time related paradoxes may be ultimately unnecessary -- different times may be constantly interacting in ways we can't grasp. I always had great problems with electronics. I could understand what resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, valves etc. all do, but if I looked into an old radio or tape recorder it was full of hundreds of these things, all, it seemed, connected to just about everything else with no rhyme or reason. How could it do anything if everything was connected to everything else? But it does. Maybe the way causal connections act across time is analogous in some way. We just don't yet understand enough to figure it out.

Location: Greater Manchester (though probably Stockport, given the poster's given location)

Type: Type 2: A clear sharp and totally realistic visual image. A witness will see it and have no idea that it is anything other than an ordinary image.

Interactions:

• Social – Acknowledgement of subject’s presence through eye contact or physical gesture.

Source of Testimony: FTMB’s It Happened to Me forum (Recently recovered from posts lost by previous Board moves)

Description:

Lee Stansfield
Stockport

I used to go out with a girl who lived about two miles walk from where I lived with my parents and there were two quickish routes - one of them through a semi-rural area, the other along a main road. As it was a pleasant summer's evening I decided to take the semi-rural option and set off down a country lane to go and see her.

It was about seven o'clock. I had just passed a farmhouse and was approaching a bridge over a railway when walking towards me I noticed a man wearing plus fours, a flat cap and pushing an old-fashioned wooden wheelbarrow. As he came nearer we started to look at each other with a sense of puzzlement. As I had long hair at the time, I was used to being looked at in a strange manner and for my part, he did look rather odd. Assuming he was perhaps from the farm I carried on walking.

Then things became stranger, for now, in my direction, came two women dressed in what I can only describe as late Victorian/early Edwardian dresses and wide brimmed hats. Again, we regarded one another with a sense of bemusement without uttering a word and looking each other up and down, passed each other by.

After taking a few more steps, still feeling very puzzled by these peoples' appearance, I turned around to get another look, assuming by this stage I had happened upon some guests on their way to a fancy-dress party.

They had disappeared.

In the time it had taken me to pass them and turn around there was no way they could have got up the lane and into the farmhouse (the nearest building to the location).

Feeling a bit shaken by the whole experience, I hurried on into civilisation and my girlfriend's where my tale was greeted with a certain degree of mockery.

So what happened?

The area where I lived was not up for historical re-enactments and this style of clothing was certainly not de rigeur in late 1980s Greater Manchester!

The only sensible conclusion I could come to was that I had passed some people on their way to some sort of fancy-dress party, where guests had to wear Victorian attire! Even so, unless they darted into a field and hid behind a wall, there was no way they could have disappeared from view so quickly...

Notes:

As Lee Stansfield notes the Greater Manchester area was not big on historical re-enactments. It would not be impossible for all 3 individuals encountered to be modern people wearing period costume, but to what end is less clear. Fancy dress is possible. Amateur dramatics also, though why out in the open, and in the early evening?

Long hair on a male individual would generally have looked a little out of place in the Victorian and Edwardian eras.

It is hard to gauge just how long passed between Lee seeing the women and glancing back to re-observe them. But he appears to believe they could not have turned into the farmhouse that quickly. If this was a timeslip it appears to have ended shortly after the women passed him.
I think the reaction of the people seen by the witness is a key. If you were heading out to a fancy dress do you would, I think, be in a light hearted mood, liable to smile if someone was staring at you as if you might be a real Victorian, unless you had all agreed in advance to pretend to be (also unlikely). So I would give this case the benefit of the doubt.

For some reason FT stopped notifying me of the posts here since June, and I assumed it had petered out.

There is an interesting future slip that I came across a few years ago in an author's personal site. Unfortunately when I searched for it recently it had vanished, and so had the file in my computer, so I wrote up the original story from my printout in a tidier way (pixieanne, the witness, had a rather casual approach to punctuation):

FUTURE TIME SLIP IN AUSTRALIAPosted originally on Anthony Peake website ca 2013, but no longer available.
Punctuation and spelling improved.

Hi,
I have also had an experience similar to these [previous posts]. I live in Australia and at
the age of 23 travelled from Sydney in one state to the Sunshine Coast in another. At that
time the highway was pretty much single lane, passing through most towns. During my
holiday on the sunny coast I overheard some people talking of the great time-cutting bypass
around Newcastle, which is quite a large city. I was excited to try it on the way back,
assuming that I must have missed the exit on my way up the coast, as I tended to be a bit of
a day-dreamer, listening to my music up loud. Anyway, I made sure I paid close attention
on my way back, and some distance outside a small town called Raymond Terrace, sure
enough, there was my bypass. It was terrific, must have cut my time by about an hour.
Some months later, I travelled back up the coast for a holiday with my then partner. It
was shortly after the Newcastle earth quake, because we both made mention of what was
happening on the news. It was another great time-saving trip there and back.
It wasn't until later when we had an argument with someone regarding the new
Newcastle bypass, who was adamant that it didn't exist, it was only in the planning stage,
that I suppose we kind of wondered who was the “crazy” one, because we knew it was
there. I had personally driven on it three times – twice with my partner.
The next time we went up the coast on holiday, we couldn't find the bypass exit, we
even ended up turning around to try and find it, but it wasn't there. It wasn't until years later
that it came into existence in the entirety of which we drove. So I suppose the question is,
did we experience a time slip or alternate universe, or was it an act of “consciousness?” I
truly believed the road existed, and so it did, to the extent that I passed on my belief to my
partner, who in turn shared in the experience. Because it wasn't until there was doubt in my
mind as to its reality that it was no longer there... I don't know.
Pixieanne

Note:
The 1989 Newcastle earthquake occurred in Newcastle, New South Wales on
Thursday, 28 December. The shock measured 5.6 on the Richter magnitude scale and was
one of Australia's most serious natural disasters, killing 13 people and injuring more than
160.1989 Newcastle earthquake - Wikipedia

I think the reaction of the people seen by the witness is a key. If you were heading out to a fancy dress do you would, I think, be in a light hearted mood, liable to smile if someone was staring at you as if you might be a real Victorian, unless you had all agreed in advance to pretend to be (also unlikely). So I would give this case the benefit of the doubt.

I would like to know more about what Lee was wearing at the time. Whilst a long haired male in what could be taken for a greatcoat and boots would probably elicit no more than raised eyebrows and a slightly perturbed glance, if he was wearing jeans and a sweater or a T shirt with a band name on I would have expected a more marked response. The late Victorian/early Edwardian was still the period of waistcoats and suits, but a working man might have been more forgiven for long hair and shirtsleeves. A T shirt and jeans would be alien to viewers in that era.

I would like to know more about what Lee was wearing at the time. Whilst a long haired male in what could be taken for a greatcoat and boots would probably elicit no more than raised eyebrows and a slightly perturbed glance, if he was wearing jeans and a sweater or a T shirt with a band name on I would have expected a more marked response. The late Victorian/early Edwardian was still the period of waistcoats and suits, but a working man might have been more forgiven for long hair and shirtsleeves. A T shirt and jeans would be alien to viewers in that era.
Agreed. Also much would depend on the individual -- some people would display surprise, others are less reactive.

Interactions:

Source of Testimony: FTMB’s It Happened to Me forum (Recently recovered from posts lost by previous Board moves)

Description:

Lee Stansfield
Stockport

They had disappeared.

So what happened?

Notes:

Very interesting, good one. Especially the interaction between the witness and the 'old fashioned people', whoever they were; it does seem like the witness was stared at because he looked out of place rather than just because of his hair, in my view anyway, because surely in the late 80s it wouldn't have been that uncommon to see men with long hair?

And the fact that the ladies disappeared so quickly.

As Lee Stansfield notes

I will admit to reading that as Lisa Stansfield though. :D

For some reason FT stopped notifying me of the posts here since June, and I assumed it had petered out.

There is an interesting future slip that I came across a few years ago in an author's personal site. Unfortunately when I searched for it recently it had vanished, and so had the file in my computer, so I wrote up the original story from my printout in a tidier way (pixieanne, the witness, had a rather casual approach to punctuation):

FUTURE TIME SLIP IN AUSTRALIAPosted originally on Anthony Peake website ca 2013, but no longer available.

Hi,
I have also had an experience similar to these [previous posts]. I live in Australia and at
the age of 23 travelled from Sydney in one state to the Sunshine Coast in another. At that
time the highway was pretty much single lane, passing through most towns. During my
holiday on the sunny coast I overheard some people talking of the great time-cutting bypass
around Newcastle, which is quite a large city. I was excited to try it on the way back,
assuming that I must have missed the exit on my way up the coast, as I tended to be a bit of
a day-dreamer, listening to my music up loud. Anyway, I made sure I paid close attention
on my way back, and some distance outside a small town called Raymond Terrace, sure
enough, there was my bypass. It was terrific, must have cut my time by about an hour.
Some months later, I travelled back up the coast for a holiday with my then partner. It
was shortly after the Newcastle earth quake, because we both made mention of what was
Newcastle bypass, who was adamant that it didn't exist, it was only in the planning stage,
that I suppose we kind of wondered who was the “crazy” one, because we knew it was
The next time we went up the coast on holiday, we couldn't find the bypass exit, we
even ended up turning around to try and find it, but it wasn't there. It wasn't until years later
that it came into existence in the entirety of which we drove. So I suppose the question is,
did we experience a time slip or alternate universe, or was it an act of “consciousness?” I
truly believed the road existed, and so it did, to the extent that I passed on my belief to my
partner, who in turn shared in the experience. Because it wasn't until there was doubt in my
Pixieanne

Note:
Thursday, 28 December. The shock measured 5.6 on the Richter magnitude scale and was
one of Australia's most serious natural disasters, killing 13 people and injuring more than

Again interesting, I love these ones where the witness doesn't seem anything is wrong at the time, just driving on a road as you do, then only later do they realise the discrepancy. And interesting about the "believing the road was there so it was, then later having doubt and the road wasn't there"... makes one think a lot about the nature of reality.

Thank you for sharing this.

I know what you mean. And I appreciate that it is a little difficult to be 100% sure that an unspoken acknowledgement is just that. But eye contact shouldn't be written off as a means of individuals acknowledging a person. It is a little subjective, possibly (Can we truly interpret they how they are feeling at that time without actually speaking to the witness?).

But I think most of us would probably believe that when somebody makes eye contact with them we are certain that they have at lease *seen* us. That we could say with a certain amount of surety that whoever that passer by happens to be in that moment they unequivocally 'witnessed us'. As to whether they would later remember us, that remains to be seen, but they were witnesses to our being in that place at that time.

Hi,
Pixieanne

Note:

Interesting, Carl. I know the site might be dead, but do you still have the URL? I could see if it's been archived.

Interesting, Carl. I know the site might be dead, but do you still have the URL? I could see if it's been archived.
The site isn't dead, but the author has totally revamped it. I didn't think of checking the archive! I did message him asking if he had any more info, no reply as yet.

I know what you mean. And I appreciate that it is a little difficult to be 100% sure that an unspoken acknowledgement is just that. But eye contact shouldn't be written off as a means of individuals acknowledging a person. It is a little subjective, possibly (Can we truly interpret they how they are feeling at that time without actually speaking to the witness?).

But I think most of us would probably believe that when somebody makes eye contact with them we are certain that they have at lease *seen* us. That we could say with a certain amount of surety that whoever that passer by happens to be in that moment they unequivocally 'witnessed us'. As to whether they would later remember us, that remains to be seen, but they were witnesses to our being in that place at that time.
Exactly, it's that moment of interaction, however brief, that suggests some level of physical entry into another period.

I checked, and although back in 2012 the forum section did include odd time experiences, the archive failed to record them!

It was interesting to read last year the small website of an aircraft modeller. He appears to have what some would call an eidetic memory( helped by a detailed diary) of events since the 1940's. Unfortunately his archived site has disappeared now but he recounted a handful of incidents in his life which appear to have been some form of timeslip in that events (largely mundane) which he experienced could not seemingly have fitted into the time which had actually elapsed. I wish I could recall his name but his accounts were fascinating.

It was interesting to read last year the small website of an aircraft modeller. He appears to have what some would call an eidetic memory( helped by a detailed diary) of events since the 1940's. Unfortunately his archived site has disappeared now but he recounted a handful of incidents in his life which appear to have been some form of timeslip in that events (largely mundane) which he experienced could not seemingly have fitted into the time which had actually elapsed. I wish I could recall his name but his accounts were fascinating.
How frustrating! I had thought that the internet archive did record everything online but clearly they don't.

Back