• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

People Who Feel Wrong

Thank you! Excellent advice there.

Yup, I do believe he is obsessed with me to some extent and will certainly blame me if he loses his job. He already brings my name up in any disagreement and often alleges that I am spreading lies about him.

My home is reasonably secure and I don't open the door without knowing who's there first. The car doors are locked when I'm driving and I keep a pointy crowbar handy!
Wise. But also rotten. People, huh?

Was having a convo about this sort of subject with a retired doctor today - an ex-GP but very learned and with an interest in abuse and the mental attitudes - problems? - that lead to it. He used to work in a very poor and clannish area of North Wales and came across a lot of it.

I've got a couple of old friends in Birmingham who could help to change his attitude very quickly but that sort of thing is against the law and we're adults instead now. You're going about things the correct way Skargz. X

I've got a couple of old friends in Birmingham who could help to change his attitude very quickly but that sort of thing is against the law and we're adults instead now. You're going about things the correct way Skargz. X
Gonna have a long looooonnng talk with you when you're free to listen. :cool:

I suspect that he would be safer too, because someone, somewhere will not be so accommodating as your company has been, take offence at his bs and give him a good hiding. My greatest belief in life is that what goes round comes round, albeit taking a good while sometimes to do it.
Yup, it often does, if only because the person wreaking havoc on others also brings it on themselves. We don't need to take revenge ourselves.
While they might indeed upset the wrong people, the effects of their own chaotic lives are commonly catastrophic enough to take them out of the way picture one way or another.

Anyway, when the bastards have indeed ground us down and we are helpless to retaliate, there is always the prospect of some delicious, sweet creamy schadenfreude.
With sprinkles and a cherry on top. :cool:

We have a thread on it. One of my favourite emotions.

I had one who 'felt wrong' the other day come into my workplace .... fixed facial expression, about my age or a little older. He only wanted two things but he made a huge performance out of it about phoning his wife to get everything right. Completely otherwise empty store but he was hanging out for about half an hour for only two things so I was almost forced into small talk and it turned out he now works in home delivery at Morrisons, the exact same department I helped set up in March last year so he started name dropping people we both knew but he just didn't feel right although he was clearly legit. He was pacing about and looking around, then I remembered the world's richest man also has his finger in the pie now for Morrisons home delivery so I'm hoping he wasn't casing the place for those reasons. I hate Morrisons managers with a passion. He even put his wife on speaker phone at me which I politely declined pretending I have bad hearing. His soulless and nonchalant facial expression didn't change the whole time as if I was being .... studied .. and observed. It was creepy.

Last edited:
I had one who 'felt wrong' the other day come into my workplace .... fixed facial expression, about my age or a little older. He only wanted two things but he made a huge performance out of it about phoning his wife to get everything right. Completely otherwise empty store but he was hanging out for about half an hour for only two things so I was almost forced into small talk and it turned out he now works in home delivery at Morrisons, the exact same department I helped set up in March last year so he started name dropping people we both knew but he just didn't feel right although he was clearly legit. He was pacing about and looking around, then I remembered the world's richest man also has his finger in the pie now for Morrisons home delivery so I'm hoping he wasn't casing the place for those reasons. I hate Morrisons managers with a passion. He even put his wife on speaker phone at me which I politely declined pretending I have bad hearing. His soulless and nonchalant facial expression didn't change the whole time as if I was being .... studied .. and observed. It was creepy.

Why would you think that? What gave you that iffy feeling? Why do you think he was hanging so long?

Do you have any contacts back at Morrisons? Maybe worth checking in with them?

Why would you think that? What gave you that iffy feeling? Why do you think he was hanging so long?

Do you have any contacts back at Morrisons? Maybe worth checking in with them?
Our local co-op supermarket paid for and now partly owns our new McDonalds .. so Morrisons might be trying to buy our boss out as well as his other 9 stores .. and no one needs half an hour to buy two items. I've got contacts back at Morrisons but senior level won't tell me anything, just a couple of 'homeboys' who might know what's what.

Last edited:
Our local co-op supermarket paid for and now partly own our new McDonalds .. so Morrisons might be trying to buy our boss out as well as his other 9 stores .. and no one needs half an hour to buy two items. I've got contacts back at Morrisons but senior level won't tell me anything, just a couple of 'homeboys' who might know what's what.
Yep that's the weird thing.

Yep that's the weird thing.
Indeed. He did this whole thing about how he was trying to phone his wife so he could get her the correct stuff that felt false as fuck. And asking me what I thought she'd want (I don't know? .. I've never met her?) .. I threw down some random suggestions but the whole thing just felt ..... staged somehow. He was polite but just weird. Hence inclusion in this thread.

Indeed. He did this whole thing about how he was trying to phone his wife so he could get her the correct stuff that felt false as fuck. And asking me what I thought she'd want (I don't know? .. I've never met her?) .. I threw down some random suggestions but the whole thing just felt ..... staged somehow. He was polite but just weird. Hence inclusion in this thread.

whats ur feeling?

Was he maybe making a video of the inside of the shop whilst using his phone?
I hadn't thought of that. Now I'm even more paranoid LOL. I've got nothing to hide though so if it's the job centre? .. I'm not working cash in hand and signing on so I'm OK on that level and if it's the council (he told me his Mrs works for the council) we've got not to worries there either. Just a typical aloof Morrisons manager IMO, he even asked if he could take a drink about 15 minutes before he paid for it so I said yes. Looking back, I wish I'd said something like "Does Steph Stevens still work there?" or some other fake name just to see what he said. I worked with the wave 1 crew and some of the names he was mentioning to me? .. I didn't recognise 3 of them. They might have started after I left to be fair. He just felt wrong.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of that. Now I'm even more paranoid LOL. I've got nothing to hide though so if it's the job centre? .. I'm not working cash in hand and signing on so I'm OK on that level and if it's the council (he told me his Mrs works for the council) we've got not to worries there either. Just a typical aloof Morrisons manager IMO, he even asked if he could take a drink about 15 minutes before he paid for it so I said yes. Looking back, I wish I'd said something like "Does Steph Stevens still work there?" or some other fake name just to see what he said. I worked with the wave 1 crew and some of the names he was mentioning to me? .. I didn't recognise 3 of them. They might have started after I left to be fair. He just felt wrong.
Weird experience. Don't know where you work, but could he have been a "secret shopper", testing you for a reaction? I had a few of those during my decades working, even as a volunteer at a charity. Sussed them out because they acted similarly to what you described, ie wholly abnormally and unnaturally.

Yup, it often does, if only because the person wreaking havoc on others also brings it on themselves. We don't need to take revenge ourselves.
While they might indeed upset the wrong people, the effects of their own chaotic lives are commonly catastrophic enough to take them out of the way picture one way or another.
Exactly, that's my belief in a nutshell. It may take a while, but I've seen it many times.

Exactly, that's my belief in a nutshell. It may take a while, but I've seen it many times.

Yup, I can recall some horrific examples where the outcomes were so dire they hugely outweighed any harm I'd incurred, to the extent that I didn't even laugh.

It's one thing to want the man who burgled your house to suffer; it's another to learn that his grandchildren died in a house fire.

I still don't feel sorry for him though.

Back