• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Season 2 of The Proof is Out There begins on Sky History on March 8th at 22:00
I quite liked the first series - a lot less of the "GEE WHIZ IT MUST BE REAL IT'S ON VIDEO!" attitude of most of that type of show and more of a serious look at strange phenomena where they get experts to analyse footage and provide a rational explanation or say it's a hoax or admit that they can't explain it.
I found the first series when looking to set for the second. I love this so much. I just wish there were a lot more.

I noticed that the original series of 'The Prisoner' is being broadcast from E1 tonight.
On Virgin Media on 'Horror channel' at 6pm tonight.

I noticed that the original series of 'The Prisoner' is being broadcast from E1 tonight.
Yes and I don't get home until 6:45 pm :(

If anyone has Britbox Sapphire and Steal is on there. At least on the uk version.

Saw it when it was first aired. Have it on DVD. Stayed for a weekend in a room in The Village. Had a coffee and smoked proper cigarettes by the concrete boat. Even got the Tea Towel.

I am a bit of a Completionist. My code is Bar 6

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m0014ywx

Death by Conspiracy? A podcast about how one man was drawn into online conspiracies and how they led to his death - an investigation by the BBC's disinformation reporter

Listened to this a couple of weeks ago. I thought that was actually very good, and presents quite an interesting insight into the selectively paranoid mind of some of the individuals involved - without being overly judgemental. It actually gains something in being very specific in its focus.

There's an interesting little confrontation near the beginning, where the reporter tries to talk to a bunch of Anti-Vax demonstrators. One or two of them seem overly interested in the reporter's age (25, I seem to recall) and suggest she can't be a real reporter, or know anything much at all, because of it - which made me wonder again about the tiresomely ephebiphobic nature of so much boomer contrarianism. (I'm not suggesting that the Anti-Vax movement is weighted to a particular age group, by the way - just that such prejudices might play a part within a certain sub-group.)

Yes and I don't get home until 6:45 pm :(
The first 2 episodes of The Prisoner are on again from 1pm tomorrow on Horror on Freeview. And then the series continues week nights at 6. I watched some of them as a kid in the sixties. I even got driven past The Village a couple of times when on holiday. Dad would say, "That's where they filmed The Prisoner" And I was like "Can we go Dad?" .... "No, it's sunny. We're going to the beach" ... "Awww, Dad!" ...

I mentioned the re-run of the Prisoner to my work-colleague today. He reminded me (with a sigh) that he wasn't born until 1983 and his favourite TV prog had been Gladiators.
Kids today ..

I mentioned the re-run of the Prisoner to my work-colleague today. He reminded me (with a sigh) that he wasn't born until 1983 and his favourite TV prog had been Gladiators.
Kids today ..

There were reruns on Channel 4 in the 1990s!

A new series titled "Colossal Machines" has started on Nat Geo.
It promises to be a cornucopia of delights for 'analogous measurements'.....

The last series of Wellington Paranormal is coming.

‘On 1st April, Season 4 of Wellington
Paranormal drops on HBO in Croatia,
Hungary, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Scandinavia, Spain and Eastern
Europe. Woah!
UK you have to wait a few more days, when it
drops 5th April on SKY. Consider it
punishment for all the coloniser ghosts the
Wellington Paranormal Unit has to deal with.’
FDEED2DF-E5A3-4036-93F0-D3B34423A778.jpeg

There were reruns on Channel 4 in the 1990s!
At some point early on the series was shown out of order. This was in pre-home VCR days so there was no chance of personal episode-juggling. Made no sense.

From Screenshot, Mark Kermode and Ellen E. Jones' Radio 4 film show, an April 1st special:
Link

Basically in two halves, first is Orson Welles F for Fake, his dodgy documentary about hoaxes, and the second is about Alternative 3, which should need no introduction here - they interview the writer, still dining out on it, and Mark Gatiss who says he'd never heard of it! He's right, though, Shane Rimmer is a big giveaway...

This Easter Weekend, the Horror Channel is having a weekend of classic SF movies from the 50s including Tarantula, It Came From Outer Space, Earth Vs The Flying Saucers, The Blob and the awesome (for all the wrong reasons) The Giant Claw.
More details here
https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/horror-channel-weekend-classic-sci-fi/

I was feeling pretty terrible a few years ago and happened to have The Giant Claw on DVD. I put it on as a distraction, and boy, was it! Absolutely hilarious! Apparently the cast at the premiere all slinked out before it was finished because they were so embarrassed.

I was feeling pretty terrible a few years ago and happened to have The Giant Claw on DVD. I put it on as a distraction, and boy, was it! Absolutely hilarious! Apparently the cast at the premiere all slinked out before it was finished because they were so embarrassed.
They wanted Ray Harryhausen to do the effects but he was either too busy or too expensive so they ended up with the mutated love-child of Rod Hull's Emu and The Great Gonzo.

They wanted Ray Harryhausen to do the effects but he was either too busy or too expensive so they ended up with the mutated love-child of Rod Hull's Emu and The Great Gonzo.

Perfect description!

The Girl Who Was Death is currently available on Horror Bites here in UK. It’s my favourite Prisoner episode which goes well off piste in narrative and style and pitches Number 6 in a brilliant pisstake of Bond Movies but more over the top showing up Bond movies for the formulaic nonsense they could be. A femme fatale creates numerous death puzzles for 6 leading to him to create ingenious escapes to reveal a devastating plan for the destruction of London and a mad villain adversary who may ‘possibly’ have a Napoleonic complex.
Great stuff. Alexis Kanner, who played the psychotic Billy in the western episode (and who, later at the end of the series becomes a strange ally) turned up on set randomly and got a role as a foul-mouthed photographer. He ad-libbed his lines from the driver who ferried him onto the set.

It is something that would never get made today and I definitely hallmark it as TV gold.
It’s a must watch imo. Do not miss.

The Girl Who Was Death is currently available on Horror Bites here in UK. It’s my favourite Prisoner episode which goes well off piste in narrative and style and pitches Number 6 in a brilliant pisstake of Bond Movies but more over the top showing up Bond movies for the formulaic nonsense they could be. A femme fatale creates numerous death puzzles for 6 leading to him to create ingenious escapes to reveal a devastating plan for the destruction of London and a mad villain adversary who may ‘possibly’ have a Napoleonic complex.
Great stuff. Alexis Kanner, who played the psychotic Billy in the western episode (and who, later at the end of the series becomes a strange ally) turned up on set randomly and got a role as a foul-mouthed photographer. He ad-libbed his lines from the driver who ferried him onto the set.

It is something that would never get made today and I definitely hallmark it as TV gold.
It’s a must watch imo. Do not miss.
FIrst episode of The Prisoner I ever saw.

The Bedsitting Room - surrealist post-apocalypse comedy is on tonight 9pm Talking Pictures channel. Possibly on catch up after.

Gutted that I missed it, not sure I can get Talking Pictures on catch up via Virgin cable. Never seen the whole film but remember Pete & Dud in a balloon…”keep moving”

Talking Pictures is on Virgin Media yeah, channel 445.
Seeing as they have a habit of repeating their broadcasts multiple times I expect you'll have plenty further opportunities to see it.
Failing that I believe it is available on DVD online but at the cost of over 20 quid in earth money.
Depends how keen you are to watch it I suppose.

Back