• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Who killed JFK?

• Lee Harvey Oswald

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • Mafia

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • CIA/FBI

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • Cubans

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • KGB

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • The Illuminati/Masons/Lizards

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • all of the above

Votes: 21 18.6%

• Total voters
I think Oswald was acting alone but I think there were other people in Dealey Plaza that day who were also shooting, knowing full well Oswald would be the perfect scapegoat.

"You're joking!"
"You mean you are here to assasinate JFK as well?"
"Well, I wanted to do it before ol' Fred got the shot. He's over there, you see him? On the grassy knoll? Let's wave to him - he hates it when he's spotted. HEY, FRED! YOO HOOO!"

9m50s to 10m20s

Hmmm

Considering that it’s 1940s to 1960s technology, and has been “enhanced” (whatever that means…), I can understand people hearing more than 3 shots on the belt.

The issue is, as I’ve mentioned before, that gunshots echo in a built-up area as the sounds of both their firing and their impacts bounce back and forth between structures. Also, the passage close to a microphone of a supersonic bullet will create a distinct “crack”, as the high speed “wake” of the projectile hits the sensor.

See 5:20-ish here for an idea of what supersonic bullets passing overhead from 200m sound like:

Hear the “crack-thump”? The “crack” is the bullet flying overhead; the quieter “thump” is the sound of the rifle firing, arriving after the bullet. Now add in the sound of the bullet impacting somewhere, plus the echoes of all three noises ricocheting among the buildings…

The Warren Commission found that three shots had been fired; l myself seem to hear four, though I’m open to being convinced that deterioration of the belt, overenthusiastic enhancement and the unique acoustic properties of Dealey Plaza are fooling me.

maximus otter

Last edited:
President Biden released more JFK files and a person, who has since died, caused interest.

In 1955, Reuben Efron was on a Soviet Russian train with Senator Richard Russell and numerous military people as they watched two UFOs in the area.

The later explanation was just birds in the sky.

It was revealed that Reuben also tracked Oswald by going through his mail for a long time.

Reuben was also on the Warren Commission in 1964 to review all the commission’s information.

On the internet some comments have tried to tie Reuben, UFOs, and the murder of JFK all together.

It was known that 10 days before JFK was killed he wanted to release UFO information which made the CIA angry.

Who was this person Reuben Efron, anybody knows ?

Last edited:
From this excellent collection of biographical curiosities:

Mr Key's Shorter Potted Brief, Brief Lives
Frank Key
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show...r-potted-brief-brief-lives?ref=nav_sb_ss_1_14

Leach, Virginia (American mystery woman, twentieth century). Of the countless mysteries surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy, one that has been overlooked is the identity of Virginia Leach. At the burial of Lee Harvey Oswald on 25 November 1963 at Rose Hill Cemetery in Fort Worth, two floral tributes were left at the graveside, a blanket of white carnations and a spray of red carnations, both from the mysterious Virginia Leach. See Oswald, Lee Harvey

I think Oswald was acting alone but I think there were other people in Dealey Plaza that day who were also shooting, knowing full well Oswald would be the perfect scapegoat.
Personally, I believe that there were many people who were aware of what was going on that day, so it would be a stretch to think that Oswald was a lone shooter.
Has anyone read this book, 'Me And Lee' by Judyth Vary Baker? (Don't recall if I have mentioned that book before, worth a read.) She claims to have been the girlfriend of Lee Harvey Oswald, and that Oswald was actually trying to save JFK.
I have always felt that there is much more to the story than we have been told.

Hear the “crack-thump”? The “crack” is the bullet flying overhead; the quieter “thump” is the sound of the rifle firing, arriving after the bullet. Now add in the sound of the bullet impacting somewhere, plus the echoes of all three noises ricocheting among the buildings…

maximus otter

“Edited” to add that the video from 10:35 onwards demonstrates the “crack-thump” even better. It features supersonic (5.56mm) ammo fired from considerable distance.

Remember: the sharp crack! is the supersonic “wake” of the bullet’s passage hitting the observer’s ear; the dull, muted thump is the sound of the rifle firing the round that just passed by.

The bullet is travelling at ~2.5 to 3 times the speed of sound; the report of the discharge is lagging behind at the speed of sound.

maximus otter

I find the theory that a secret service guy accidentally shot JFK immediately after Oswald had injured the president compelling. It is very simple, very human and probably seemed 'easy' to obfuscate.

(As I was replying to @Mungoman just now in an earlier thread)

This is the one that I actually find most convincing!

It could have been, essentially, a tragic absolutely fatal accidental shot occurring seconds after the first, possibly-survivable, throat wound inflicted by Oswald. It would explain the stoicism of the Kennedy family, and disinclination to seek further culprits/conspiracy solutions - the bodyguard actually did his job but an accident occurred during his duty. The situation can't be remedied and seeking revenge just isn't appropriate - or in character - for his widow and family in the circumstances. The instigator of the events was Oswald for his initial attempt and they may thus have encouraged the protection of Mr Hickey

It may also explain LHO's "patsy" assertions. He knew he'd only shot JFK once, and that he didn't blow the back of his head off.

The official inquiries then fudge the issue and as Oswald is already dead, then why subject the unfortunate Secret Service man to the ire of the world? So Oswald is then reported to have shot JFK more than once and the business is done. Except it isn't - everyone could sense something was off, wrong, strange about the death and hence the myriad CTs and silliness that's ensued.

Last edited:
I go with what a few of the doctors who treated JFK at Parkland Memorial Hospital saw, which was different from what was reported officially.
This November 22 will mark 60 years since the assassination, I'm sure there will be specials on the case on tv. Wondering if any new details will be released.

I go with what a few of the doctors who treated JFK at Parkland Memorial Hospital saw, which was different from what was reported officially.
This November 22 will mark 60 years since the assassination, I'm sure there will be specials on the case on tv. Wondering if any new details will be released.
This is goulish, but in the autopsy, the forensic surgeon removed the remains of the brain from the cranium - but weren't the remains removed by the FBI from the place of the autopsy and never released for any further examination?

I was 9 at the time and remember distinctly my thoughts and what I said at the time - I said 'they've shot their own President?!'( I couldn't believe it), and my thoughts were that the USA wasn't as honest and good as I once thought (I'd watched Superman and RinTinTin too many times obviously).

From an article in the New York Times about Paul Landis, one of the JFK Secret Service agents:

What it comes down to is a copper-jacketed 6.5-millimeter projectile. The Warren Commission decided that one of the bullets fired that day struck the president from behind, exited from the front of his throat and continued on to hit Mr. Connally, somehow managing to injure his back, chest, wrist and thigh. It seemed incredible that a single bullet could do all that, so skeptics called it the magic bullet theory.

Investigators came to that conclusion partly because the bullet was found on a stretcher believed to have held Mr. Connally at Parkland Memorial Hospital, so they assumed it had exited his body during efforts to save his life. But Mr. Landis, who was never interviewed by the Warren Commission, said that is not what happened.

In fact, he said, he was the one who found the bullet — and he found it not in the hospital near Mr. Connally but in the presidential limousine lodged in the back of the seat behind where Kennedy was sitting.

When he spotted the bullet after the motorcade arrived at the hospital, he said he grabbed it to thwart souvenir hunters. Then, for reasons that still seem fuzzy even to him, he said he entered the hospital and placed it next to Kennedy on the president’s stretcher, assuming it could somehow help doctors figure out what happened. At some point, he now guesses, the stretchers must have been pushed together and the bullet was shaken from one to another.

“There was nobody there to secure the scene, and that was a big, big bother to me,” Mr. Landis said. “All the agents that were there were focused on the president.” A crowd was gathering. “This was all going on so quickly. And I was just afraid that — it was a piece of evidence, that I realized right away. Very important. And I didn’t want it to disappear or get lost. So it was, ‘Paul, you’ve got to make a decision,’ and I grabbed it.’”

Mr. Landis theorizes that the bullet struck Kennedy in the back but for some reason was undercharged and did not penetrate deeply, therefore popping back out before the president’s body was removed from the limousine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/09/us/politics/jfk-assassination-witness-paul-landis.html

This is goulish, but in the autopsy, the forensic surgeon removed the remains of the brain from the cranium - but weren't the remains removed by the FBI from the place of the autopsy and never released for any further examination?

I was 9 at the time and remember distinctly my thoughts and what I said at the time - I said 'they've shot their own President?!'( I couldn't believe it), and my thoughts were that the USA wasn't as honest and good as I once thought (I'd watched Superman and RinTinTin too many times obviously).
There are so many sites with conflicting information on JFK's assassination, but the doctors who were actually there at Parkland Memorial Hospital tell their experiences, such as this one:

John F. Kennedy emergency room doctors confirm he was shot from front​

We Were There,” compiled the recollections of the doctors and medical students at Parkland the day Kennedy arrived. It is written by Dr. Allen Childs, who was also at Parkland, but didn't operate on the president. The recollections are from oral histories, interviews and letters.

“They were unanimous that the neck wound was an entry wound,” wrote Childs in the book provided to Secrets in advance of its Nov. 6 release.

Dr. Joe D. Goldstrich said, “the appearance of the neck wound is burned into my memory. It was a perfectly round hole between nickel and quarter size, in the middle of the front of the neck, just below the Adam’s apple.”

Even more startling: One of the doctors, Ron Jones, said that assassination investigators knew of reports of a second shooter but ignored them. He’s quoted being told by Warren Commission investigator Arlen Specter, who went on to be a Pennsylvania senator, “We have people who would testify that they saw somebody shoot the president from the front. But we don’t want to interview them, and I don’t want you saying anything about that either.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...y-room-doctors-confirm-he-was-shot-from-front

I haven't come across any official explanation, or even acknowledgement, of statements such as these, which is disturbing in itself.

There are so many sites with conflicting information on JFK's assassination, but the doctors who were actually there at Parkland Memorial Hospital tell their experiences, such as this one:

John F. Kennedy emergency room doctors confirm he was shot from front​

We Were There,” compiled the recollections of the doctors and medical students at Parkland the day Kennedy arrived. It is written by Dr. Allen Childs, who was also at Parkland, but didn't operate on the president. The recollections are from oral histories, interviews and letters.

“They were unanimous that the neck wound was an entry wound,” wrote Childs in the book provided to Secrets in advance of its Nov. 6 release.

Dr. Joe D. Goldstrich said, “the appearance of the neck wound is burned into my memory. It was a perfectly round hole between nickel and quarter size, in the middle of the front of the neck, just below the Adam’s apple.”

Even more startling: One of the doctors, Ron Jones, said that assassination investigators knew of reports of a second shooter but ignored them. He’s quoted being told by Warren Commission investigator Arlen Specter, who went on to be a Pennsylvania senator, “We have people who would testify that they saw somebody shoot the president from the front. But we don’t want to interview them, and I don’t want you saying anything about that either.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...y-room-doctors-confirm-he-was-shot-from-front

I haven't come across any official explanation, or even acknowledgement, of statements such as these, which is disturbing in itself.
If this is the case, which sadly doesn't surprise me, I wonder what Jacqui saw, and knew.

If this is the case, which sadly doesn't surprise me, I wonder what Jacqui saw, and knew.
According to 'Vanity Fair', Jackie told friends:

"She pounced on every missed opportunity and pondered how it all might have been made to happen otherwise. Again and again in these scenarios, it came down to some failure on her part: If only she had not mistaken the sound of a rifle shot for the revving of motorcycles. If only she had been looking to the right, “then,” as she later described her line of reasoning, “I could have pulled him down, and then the second shot would not have hit him.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/society/2014/10/jacqueline-kennedy-jfk-assassination-depression

Back