• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
He has a habit of running his hand through his hair as he's talking, you reckon he's checking of the glue is still ok?

BTW i'm assuming we're not suggesting there's anything wrong with being a midfifties bald bloke...
I remember one intro scene in the middle of the Tv show were he his back was facing the camera with his hand's on top of his hand and then he turned around to the camera and I thought it was a bit to posy and dramatic.

He has a habit of running his hand through his hair as he's talking, you reckon he's checking of the glue is still ok?

BTW i'm assuming we're not suggesting there's anything wrong with being a midfifties bald bloke...
Actually his hair style looks like someone who has started the comb over a little too early ie before the age of 80. And that he has never changed his hair style since his teens.

He does have a high hairline and would probably look younger if he took all of the extra shagginess off. He definitely could do with a different more updated style.
"That Steve off the telly - his nose looks like a carrot off a snowman."
Ahhh. I'd recognize that nose anywhere :chuckle:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Danny looks as though he might go home, take off his wig and reappear as a mid-fifties bald bloke?
I wish we had a ROFL like, so take this instead
1705184074632.png

More than once I've thought "his wig is crooked" whenever I see his picture....

there are a few Redditers who believe 'Uncanny' is the biggest wind-up since 'Ghostwatch' and might seize on this (i do not agree with them)
I think it's genuine and I don't have any gripes except the follow-ups could be better. For instance, there was an episode in series 1 about UFOs and he mentioned an apparent sighting near Howarth in the first decade of the 1900s! There had been a newspaper report at the time and I asked him on Twitter if he could post a facsimile of the article but none ever appeared. I mean, I am sure he has a zillion things to do other than cater to me personally but it was disappointing.
Edit: I have since found a link on a Facebook page to the Howarth 1901 UFO sighting report:

Last edited:
I think it's genuine and I don't have any gripes except the follow-ups could be better. For instance, there was an episode in series 1 about UFOs and he mentioned an apparent sighting near Howarth in the first decade of the 1900s! There had been a newspaper report at the time and I asked him on Twitter if he could post a facsimile of the article but none ever appeared. I mean, I am sure he has a zillion things to do other than cater to me personally but it was disappointing.
Edit: I have since found a link on a Facebook page to the Howarth 1901 UFO sighting report:

I'm a little surprised and perhaps selfishly disappointed that he hasn't introduced himself on these forums, after all we have had many other Fortean writers on here who also appear on tv (and still do). My reasoning is that this is an excellent archive of IHTM-type events and also perhaps the most level-headed discussion of his work (hairline and wigs aside :chuckle: ) along with investigations into his findings. Oh well...

That sighting reads like a large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere, especially the sparks and the colour of the light etc.

I'm a little surprised and perhaps selfishly disappointed that he hasn't introduced himself on these forums, after all we have had many other Fortean writers on here who also appear on tv (and still do). My reasoning is that this is an excellent archive of IHTM-type events and also perhaps the most level-headed discussion of his work (hairline and wigs aside :chuckle: ) along with investigations into his findings. Oh well...

That sighting reads like a large meteor breaking up in the atmosphere, especially the sparks and the colour of the light etc.
I hope he isn’t lurking after the hair discussion.

Going back to the Daisy May podcast. I didn't find it particularly interesting, but did really enjoy Danny's admission of how he got himself so freaked out when staying overnight. That is such a real reaction, and often happens to the best of us when we've heard stories about a place and then spend the night.

I don't really care for the "team believer vs team skeptic" set up. It kind of limits one's experience of the tales. If I had a story to tell, I would tend to feel that there is a judgment of me - if I will be believed or ridiculed. I think that not making up an artificial division like that would open the stories up to much more discussion, more exploration of the experience. Like we do here. We explore and question.

Lots of people on Facebook saying they prefer it being UK stories and I have to agree.
I'm just playing devil's advocate, but why? There are those of us who are not from the UK and listen.:)

I enjoy international stories because different cultures view things differently and have different phenomena they experience. For example, Japan has interesting ghost stories that are not like our traditional ones. And the way they perceive paranormal events is entirely different from ours.

I'm just playing devil's advocate, but why? There are those of us who are not from the UK and listen.:)

I enjoy international stories because different cultures view things differently and have different phenomena they experience. For example, Japan has interesting ghost stories that are not like our traditional ones. And the way they perceive paranormal events is entirely different from ours.
I wouldn’t mind the occasional one but the UK is full of so much weird stuff. And if you go the the USA they can often be a lot more dramatic and have a lot of their own programs and podcasts.

I wouldn’t mind the occasional one but the UK is full of so much weird stuff. And if you go the the USA they can often be a lot more dramatic and have a lot of their own programs and podcasts.
I wasn't only talking about the States. I'm in Canada. I would love one or two that might come from another country. And his style of podcast is different from others. I do like how he tells a story and brings the person involved into the telling.

I listen to a couple of podcasts and some do bring in stories from other countries. They are interesting, but not a lot speak to the people who have submitted a story.

I wasn't only talking about the States. I'm in Canada. I would love one or two that might come from another country. And his style of podcast is different from others. I do like how he tells a story and brings the person involved into the telling.

I listen to a couple of podcasts and some do bring in stories from other countries. They are interesting, but not a lot speak to the people who have submitted a story.
Oh you guys are much more level headed than your neighbours. The reason I mention the USA is because they often come in and take over (generally very loudly) and they are so massive their stories would swamp ours.

I often go on about the Credible Witness books with police having paranormal encounters. I accidentally got the American equivalent first. Big mistake, over reactions everywhere and trying to shoot ghosts!

Oh you guys are much more level headed than your neighbours. The reason I mention the USA is because they often come in and take over (generally very loudly) and they are so massive their stories would swamp ours.

I often go on about the Credible Witness books with police having paranormal encounters. I accidentally got the American equivalent first. Big mistake, over reactions everywhere and trying to shoot ghosts!
I do think there is something to be learned from listening to international accounts, bringing different cultural approaches to unexplained phenomena. When I was in the Philippines for a couple of weeks years ago, I grabbed a bunch of ghost books that included all kinds of malign spirits from local folklore - old trees being particularly evil. In Guatemala there are stories of all kinds of folkloric entities alongside a lot of fairly typical (from a UK perspective) hauntings. Equally, I realise in the US there is a tendency to jump to the conclusion of demons, but that also comes out of a particular cultural background (influence of evengelical churches - the deceased are immediately judged and cannot haunt, so hauntings are tricks of the Devil) - which doesn't invalidate paranormal events that happen there. There are also some great road ghosts from the US.

Back