• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. FrKadash

Looking for Ghosthunters 1997 VHS Rip from Discovery Channel

I've lost my precious VHS rips of the old Discovery Channel series Ghosthunters. Didn't have it backed up when a HDD went funny on me. Tried extracting it with Linux but HDD is stuck in read only mode. I have the YouTube copies but they're not actually complete, 3 episodes are missing from the...
  2. FrKadash

Wanted FT414, FT415 & FT416 Without Crazy eBay Prices!

Hiya guys! I've missed two issues as I've had a hard up period trying to get the new JET Repair business up and running, and I have to get them as I haven't missed in issue in so many years! On eBay they are both available for £8.80 each(!) So if anyone has FT414, FT415 and FT416 for sensible...
  3. FrKadash

Fort On The 1755 Lisbon Earthquake?

Does anyone have any more details on the brief wiki note regarding Fort's The Book of the Damned mentioning the disappearance of several hundred people from a shelter during the 1755 Lisbon earthquake? I don't have the book, and have only read this for the first time today, I have been searching...
  4. FrKadash

Randonauts & Randonautica (App)

Has anyone heard of this app called Randonautica? I heard it mentioned on the Strange Familiars podcast and installed it. It looks really interesting, a pretty original idea for an app, along the lines of psychogeography. Check out episode 157 of Strange Familiars, Force the Hand of Chance: A...
  5. FrKadash

FT394

Presents! Got mine today, good timing for a birthday present! Contents looking good so far.
  6. FrKadash

Who On Earth Is Dr. Morgan Spence?

I was listening to an old (5/31/01) episode of Coast to Coast AM today, the subject was shadow people and Art Bell’s guest was one Dr. Morgan Spence, a slightly posh, British sounding woman who presented herself as an expert on the phenomenon. I decided to look up her book (Shadow Beings -...
  7. FrKadash

A Figure In The Window & Light Turned On And Off

I had this very strange experience today, at around 5:20pm. A friend was driving me back to my flat when as we approached I saw my light was on, I said to him that my wife must be in, but then thought, no, it's too early, she hasn't finished work yet, I looked at the time on my phone and then...
  8. FrKadash

The Fat Stealers (Andean Legends; Pishtaco, etc.)

folklorethursday.com/regional-folklore/the-pishtaco-fat-stealing-ghoul-of-the-andes/
  9. FrKadash

Looking For Info on 1978/79 Occult Grave Robbery in Bournemouth

I started a new thread for this one in case I get some replies from various sources and can then add new information to the thread as my investigation develops. I’m doing some research into a case of grave robbery that happened in my home town of Bournemouth, Dorset, between 1978 and 1979. I’m...
  10. FrKadash

Magick: Whether & If So How It Works

11. FrKadash

Rev. Dr Donald Omand & The Exorcism Of Loch Ness

I’m currently reading the brilliant Goblin Universe by Ted Holiday and I’ve become very interested in the Rev. Dr Donald Omand, C of E vicar, psychic and Circus Padre extraordinaire who performed the exorcism of Loch Ness. After a quick search I discovered that Omand published a book entitled...
  12. FrKadash

Conservatory Devil

I was trying to find a thread to post this in but couldn't find one that seemed to match so here it is! My wife was telling me about how when her parents were having their conservatory built that the guy in charge was discussing designs with them when they got onto the choice of having a...
  13. FrKadash

Mystery Package Companies / Services

I saw this bizarre website tonight and was looking for a suitable thread to post such a random thing, so thought this old short thread could be bumped and used now to house this sort of miscellaneous semi-fortean finding? Anyway, here's the weird site, https://www.mysteriouspackage.com/ I have...
  14. FrKadash

Swirling Abyss By Man's Bed?

Does anyone remember a story about a man who woke up and went to put his feet on the floor but there was a swirling black abyss of nothingness there? I seem to remember his wife woke up and called the police? It's a weird one I know, and I can't remember where I read about it but it's stuck in...
  15. FrKadash

Religion In Ancient Greece.

Wasn't quite sure where to post this article, sorry if it's been covered on another thread but I found it pretty interesting. Full article here, http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/the-ancient-greeks-sacrificed-ugly-people?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=atlas-page
  16. FrKadash

Count Charles Edward d'Arquires [AKA: Aleister Ataturk], Son Of Aleister Crowley

I thought this topic might develop and deserve it's own thread. So anyway, I recently read the article Two Fragments on Ataturk by the late abstract artist Ithell Colquhoun (also a member of Kenneth Grant's Nu Isis Lodge) in Starfire volume 2, number 4 and was surprised to discover that AC's son...
  17. FrKadash

Occult Technology with Diabolus Rex

I don't remember seeing this posted yet. Occult Technology” with Diabolus Rex By Jack Donovan On May 18, 2014 Podcast here, https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/start-world-jack-donovan-podcast/id844102780 Read more here...
  18. FrKadash

Bye Bye Man film adaptation

I just discovered that Robert Damon Schneck's Bye Bye Man is to be adapted into a feature length film. I read his book The President's Vampire when I saw it reviewed in an old FT, and for those who missed it I would really recommend giving it a read. ''TWC-Dimension Acquires Supernatural...
  19. FrKadash

Odd Forms Of Entertainment

This is a really interesting art form, it dates back to the Han Dynasty (206 BCE – 220 CE) as well. ''The shadow puppet shows dying out in China'' 18 February 2015 Last updated at 21:35 GMT A bit more information here, http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-31519835
  20. FrKadash

Hoan Kiem Turtle

I love this guy, and thought he deserved a dedicated thread. I was very pleased to read this report that he was spotted recently. http://www.asianturtleprogram.org/pages/rafetus/update-on_rafetus_swinhoei2015/update_on_rafetus_swinhoei.html
  21. FrKadash

Fast Radio Bursts (FRB)

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/01/26/mysterious-radio-signal-from-space-caught-live-for-first-time/ There's a bit more information in this article, http://www.physicscentral.com/buzz/blog/index.cfm?postid=1956214567196815970
  22. FrKadash

African golden cat captured on film

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/29/first-ever-footage-african-golden-cat-sheds-light-species ''Close-up of a mother African golden cat with her kitten. Photograph: David Mills/WCS/Panthera.''
  23. FrKadash

BBC, what makes an urban legend?

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20150126-how-to-create-an-urban-legend
  24. FrKadash

German ''Scotty'' Transporter Machine

I wasn't sure which thread to post the article in so thought it may be best to start a thread for it. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/11365243/Scientists-take-first-step-towards-Star-Trek-transporter.html
  25. FrKadash

US government UFO documents revealed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11361300/X-Files-opened-US-government-documents-on-UFOs-available-for-the-first-time.html A UFO in Nebraska, from 1965 Photo: PROJECT BLUE BOOK
  26. FrKadash

3am sky flash and earth tremor in Ireland

I've waited a bit before posting this to make sure it wasn't in the news or explained away. But anyway early on Thursday morning (08/01/15) at around 3:00am, I was laying in bed quietly and suddenly looked towards my window as there was a brief but massive bright flash in the sky, I tried to...
  27. FrKadash

Welsh Pyramid Discovery, 1968

There was an interesting interview a while back by Richard D. Hall with a man who claimed to have unearthed a strange pyramid whilst working with a labouring crew on road construction in Garndiffaith, Wales back in 1968. The guy seems quite genuine in the video...
  28. FrKadash

Queen Khentakawess III

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30674339 'Archaeologists in Egypt have unearthed the tomb of a previously unknown queen, Egyptian officials say. The tomb was found in Abu-Sir, south-west of Cairo, and is thought to belong to the wife or mother of Pharaoh Neferefre who ruled 4,500 years...
  29. FrKadash

The Battery Acid Wax Trolls

I've experienced sleep paralysis many times over the years, always irregularly with very long gaps between the episodes, sometime years. But there's a certain thing that has reappeared a couple of times, and most recently just a couple of months ago. I'd like to hear if anyone has a similar...
  30. FrKadash

The Archway Road Pickpocket

Anyone else see this video on Crimewatch? Sorry if it's already been posted, but I haven't seen it elsewhere on the forum.
  31. FrKadash

My Mums 70s Bournemouth Sighting

One night around 10pm in the early 70s my mother was walking the 10 or 15 minute walk home from her evening shift at the Bear Cross pub, about half way she stopped and for some reason looked upwards and saw a large classic shaped UFO hovering silently almost directly above her. The object was...
  32. FrKadash

9/11 Ceramics?

I remember hearing from someone that there were apparently no ceramic materials found in the remains of the Twin Towers, and that this indicated something (I'm not sure what exactly) about their destruction. Has anyone else heard anything about this? I've searched online but haven't found a...
  33. FrKadash

Violent reactions to occult manifestations

I've recently been thinking about people's emotional (and physical) reactions after their exposure to various types of supernatural phenomenon, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar to what I've witnessed over the years. It seems that men in-particular can become very...
  34. FrKadash

05/06 Forum article, Goat Killing Jungle Spider?

I'm looking for an FT (possibly Forum) article I remember reading around 2006(?) which looked into the tribal reports of an enormous spider which attacked and killed goats and cows in the South American jungle. I've searched online and through various FT's but can't find anything even similar...
  35. FrKadash

2 humanoids in a screen projection?

Sorry if this should have gone in General Forteana, I thought it would be better off posted in IHTM. Does anyone remember this strange if interesting post/thread in which someone related an account in which a guy awoke to see an externally projected black screen open in his room, with two...
  36. FrKadash

05/06 FT issue/letter, diver terrified underwater?

I'm trying to track down an FT issue which featured a letter from someone who described an event in which a Scuba diver was disturbed by something underwater and would never tell anyone what he saw. I think there was a follow up where someone wrote in with a similar account, but this time the...
  37. FrKadash

Looking for an old post/thread, giant cats and portal

I'm trying to find an old post where someone posted an experience in which they witnessed giant cats (or cat-like entities) walking into, or coming out some kind of portal in the wall of a house. I think the cats were apparently in some sort of procession! That's all I can recall. I first read...
  38. FrKadash

Obituary Of A Hermit? (Józef Stawinoga; "Fred The Tramp")

Does anyone remember what FT issue featured the obituary of an elderly man who lived as a hermit, sleeping rough in a tent, I think near a main road (in the U.K) for years? I remember reading that he was a very interesting man with experiences during WWII. I've searched for his name and further...
Back