• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. N

No news is.........

very very dull indeed, no news for two days.....Fortean Timezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  2. N

New Labour & Fiddy Kiddlers

3. N

Gulf War Syndrome: A Real Disease? If So, What Causes It?

As a serving soldier i spent over 14 months in the region (during and after the "war") I took all the medication jabs (anthrax and plague FFS) and nerve pretreatment tablets, i lived in the "sprayed" tents in Al Jubal , i was at the port when the "reported" "false" chemical alarms sounded, and...
  4. N

Periods affect women's brains

Well Durrrrrr!! .. Anyone who is married could tell you that :shock:
  5. N

Vibration and Distortion

The only time I or (more importantly) anyone else i have been with at the time, has experienced "anything" fortean was at a house my family lived in for 8 years or so over 12 years ago. When it rained heavily, before a "big" thunderstorm or indeed in fog, or heavy early morning dew (house...
  6. N

"Stop Grieving, It's Only A Chicken"

A,A,A,A calm down, it'll be alright ar' kid :lol:
  7. N

"Stop Grieving, It's Only A Chicken"

Boris was right Scousers love to mourn :lol:
  8. N

4D Space

[Emp edit: Threads merged and so link removed]
  9. N

Nuclear-Era Civil Defence Measures In The UK

I have had a quick look myself, but found "nowt up north" *on http://www.subbrit.org.uk/ .There are a few WW2 air raids shelters in most towns however, but as to where they are exactly and gaining entrance :?: not in lancashire anyway! CHESHIRE...
  10. N

Sleep Strangeness

Sadly i tend not to remember dreams,, but i do remember my last significant lucid dreams, it was October 1990, i dreamt my teeth fell out one by one 3 or 4 nights on the trot. I put it down to acclimatisation as I'd just arrived somewhere hot* ... Years later i read that the dream meant you were...
  11. N

End of the World Predictors! (2005)

No oil will lead to war, which "could" result in your and a lot of peoples death .. HOWEVER a war will be difficult to "maintain" with no oil .. might be a good thing, a small , quick war use all the last reserves of fuel .. buy stocks in horses .. :lol:
  12. N

Phantasm

I only ever watched the first two, the original i owned on betamax :lol: , alas gone now :evil: .... however the box set in the sphere is a must have , which would make my collectaphille brother burn with envy...where's my credit card :twisted:
  13. N

Sleep Strangeness

could be similar to this http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... highlight= which I tied in with this http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... highlight= Its also one of my bedtime conudrums "the impossibilty of existence"?
  14. N

How it Should have Ended

Star Wars the Empire Strikes Back...thats were Star Wars shoulda finished
  15. N

Celery

On this seasons Heinz ketchup there is a Celery Warning in the ingredients list, twice .. it is bracketed in the herbs and also has it's own box entitled CONTAINS .. it wasnt there before and isn't on the older bottles nor is it on eastern european imports that are avaliable from "cheap" shops...
  16. N

Dog Soldiers

for me the best parts of movie was the "squaddie" dialogue and humour, very authentic .. i wont derive any pleasure from watching the same story with Yanks :(
  17. N

4D Space

Looks similar to strange effect best described here .. http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... highlight= maybe when we are in a Hypnagogic state we can perceive the edges of other *co existent dimensions .. i heard that if a 1D (one dimensional) being observed a ball roll across...
  18. N

Frank Miller's "Sin City"

MOST comic adaptations are "mainstreamed" and usually ruined. Sin City is a faithfull reproduction , if you have never even seen the Sin City comics, then you just won't get it ..even so you got to admit it's better than Hell Boy.
  19. N

Frank Miller's "Sin City"

My ONLY critisism is i really wanted AC/DC's Sin City on the Intro ..everything else was spot on 8)
  20. N

Smurf Acid

last lot i tried had Mr Men on them ...you know i have really tried hard with my drugs, but i still haven't seen anything ..... not with alcohol, nor an over active and fortean immmersed imagination ... what does one have to do , to experience the unusual :roll:
  21. N

Children Who Never Physically Age / Mature

i noticed this story and wondered why no one else mentioned it .... as such a thing would surely be mainstream but i was "bothered" by the lack of photos,,in fact i'm "bothered" by the lack of photos on most of our rapidly diminishing "Breaking News", with cameras built into almost anything...
  22. N

Numbers connected to people

Me too 8)
  23. N

Weird Personal Names

In the army a scottish friend of mine was called "Dave Smilie Muchie Malcom" , and whilst in the "Glasshouse" :oops: I shared a cell with a lad from the RAF called "Jason Gay", and you tend to get called by your second name in the forces :P Also there where several rank/surname mick and...
  24. N

Snake 'Legs' Were Penises

So whilst suffering unimaginable agony your penis explodes , nature can be so cruel, thank god i'm not reptilian :shock:
  25. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Just expressing dissapointment that "they" took all my childhood nightmares, and crushed them. First the Dalek goes soft, then Extinct ... :shock: How can my kids be scared of a an endangered "touchy feely" squid !
  26. N

Area 51 AKA Groom Lake: Still Secret

an area of the canadian praries was used for testing bombs, including nukes....a target area is "drawn" on the ground with circles at 5 miles intervals, the formar testing site is now a British Military firing range, and they use the "marking" as roads, 5 mile circle. 10 mile circle 15 etc...
  27. N

Alien Interview Footage

I have yet to see ANYTHING convincing on "Grey" , or any other aliens , or ghosts, or ABC's, or indeed most of the stuff that we speculate on these boards ..... it's quite dissapointing really :cry:
  28. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

My boys loved the last episode , scared the pants off 'emm.... remember it's not for us it's for them. Although the gigglyness of Rose and the Doctor is starting to get on my nerves, still kids were scared and are anticipating the next episode,,just like i was years ago: good job.
  29. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

No,, at least not another K9
  30. N

Pope John Paul II: His Life & Death

Well if that's what you get for being Gods' representative on earth i'm glad i'm a devout atheist!! .. safe in the hands of chance and chaos!!!
  31. N

Constantine / Hellblazer

WITHOUT reading the rest of the thread,,, i just watched it last week ..and it wasn't as bad as i'd been led to believe,, although WE SHOULD ALWAYS be wary of Keano Reeves in ANY role but he did a great job in the first Matrix,, also i thought he was brilliant in Bill & Ted's Big adventure ...
  32. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

He has a point, who (excuse pun) has had real work since being the Doctor, apart from that wet git, Peter Davison...maybe Mr Eccleston could do voice over work for BBC 3 comedys??? Still it does seem odd, almost like he cant be assed or because he has read all the scripts and seen all the...
  33. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I was just going to say that...Jon Pertwee fought them ,,i think To start with Daleks would've killed any anticipation i think (despite the fight with the "Nation" estate.. ohh btw Thanks Escargot
  34. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

To sum up my 9 1/2 year old son sat silently throughout (apart from a giggle at the burping bin) and when it ended jumped and said propheticaly "I'm going to watch that every week"...high praise indeed and sign of a job well done..I enjoyed the slightly manic flippant Doctor.
  35. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Thanks all for listening..Extra thanks to Niles for leaving a review...The Daleks are samples..(i wish i had a Dalek vocoder) , but everything else is mine.... looking at my "back catalogue" i have a lot of "Fortean" inspired tracks and even another Dr Who one. Who Called (Dr Who)...
  36. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Terribly sorry ill let you know (on here) when it 's up for download .. but just so you know its a kinda Dr.Who feel without being a rip off and has a Dalex rap...exterminate anihilate destroy etc....
  37. N

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

I have done a tune in honour of the daleks,,,which at the time of composing where not going to be in the new Dr Who..but it now seems they will be...so now the initial point of the track is mute none the less i bleieve it deserves a listen... can be streamed here...
  38. N

Saddam Capture "Fiction"

i agree with most ...as with a quite few "conspiracies"..WHY? seems to be the bigger question..although i can see "some" propaganda value,, but very little to the western world,,,who would have preffered (especially american media) a good old shoot out at big bad saddams ranch.
  39. N

Electronic Voice Phenomena ('EVP')

Some time ago i made a track with EVP it was called Viva Voca and can be found here http://music.download.com/nastee all voic4es used are as "genuine" as i could find
  40. N

The Backwards Forehead Tattoo

i remember a "local drunk", who used to get on the bus when we where returning from school..he had "rovers" (for Blackburn Rovers) tattooed on his forhead ...the first "R" and the "S" were backwards.. :lol: .. I hvent seen or heard of him for years though, couldn't tell you if it was ever...
  41. N

auras in my eye

i was just going to say that....
  42. N

The Cat Speaks English

without going into to much detail..i have a had a dog,,,and now an African Grey Parrot..both displayed OBVIOUS intelligence but the Parrot is so smart ..i know its cleverer than my 2 year old,,,and i've seen her outsmart my wife,,her (the parrot) vocabulary is apparently limitless, definate...
  43. N

So What Else Is Really Out There?

read The Cosmic Serpent...although i have to say getting high is as good a reason as any,,i mean if a plant is going to communicate with ,you'd want to be high :)
  44. N

Werewolf Sightings In North Yorkshire

Yeah what ever happened to werewolves, they just don't seem to be around nooooooooouuuuw.."sorry":D
  45. N

Test Reality?

No
  46. N

Deepcut Serial Sentry Slotter

I was in the RLC, albeit, the RCT when i joined i have to say i was never subject to, nor did i take part in any bullying or "excessive horseplay" (i was always too pissed)...i did hear of the odd abuse story, but most are Military "urban" myths...also i trained in Aldershot "buller barracks"...
  47. N

Comics

Neil Gaimans "Lucifer", "Black Orchid" and "Sandman",,others including "HellBoy", "Physco" "Deadman" "Starman " and "Promethia"..i have about 200 Batman Graphic Novels, (only the darker ones), and a collection of 2000 ads' that surpases my bundles of Fortean Times.
  48. N

Ghost Walk

i have just returned home after going on my towns innagural Ghost Walk.(Darwen Lancashire). hosted by a "local" historian..Simon Entwistle. He does these tours for many towns in the North West and surrounding area,(in fact i went to his Blackburn walk some months ago).. and although his story...
  49. N

David Booth's Apocalypse Dream

all bollocks, our generation has lived though more prophocised doomsdays than most,name one accurate fore written prophecy. (no mumbo jumbo, and hidden meanings worked out after the event)...ohh you cant??????
  50. N

Arafat plans to destroy the Dome of the Rock

i can't believe i just read all that crap..sheesh
Back