• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

melf said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:
(Near the transvestite pub ;))

A pub that dresses as a woman?? Have we a thread on that? :D

Well I think it's a transvestite pub. I can't tell the difference between boy and girl pubs - they all look the same to me. :oops:

You have to sneak a look in the cellar or look-out for over-sized pumps. ;)

i know the one, its called or was called valentinos, possibly a door away to two from the sauna/gym in charles st

I think it's Minsky's now.

GiantRobot said:
melf said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:
The Yithian said:
GiantRobot said:
(Near the transvestite pub ;))

A pub that dresses as a woman?? Have we a thread on that? :D

Well I think it's a transvestite pub. I can't tell the difference between boy and girl pubs - they all look the same to me. :oops:

You have to sneak a look in the cellar or look-out for over-sized pumps. ;)

i know the one, its called or was called valentinos, possibly a door away to two from the sauna/gym in charles st

I think it's Minsky's now.

thats the one! minskys diolch gr and yithi :D

Saw the teaser trailer on the Beeb last night. Looks to be striking the right chord... :?

Striking the right chord, eh? Not surprising when the opening sting and other elements of the tune are borrowed from the Hartnell version!

i am oddly excited about this new series, even though i've never really watched the show before, being a bit of a whippersnapper. I'm quite pleased the the assistant is called Rose though!

Mischa said:
i am oddly excited about this new series, even though i've never really watched the show before, being a bit of a whippersnapper. I'm quite pleased the the assistant is called Rose though!
I'm still a bit worried about Rose being played by Ms Piper. Still, she's got to be a better companion than Mel.

yes, i can't say Billie is my favourite actress, and i wouldn't have chosen that shade of brassy blonde. I a little sad that there are not scarves involved in teh costumes though.

Red_Dalek said:
Mischa said:
I'm still a bit worried about Rose being played by Ms Piper. Still, she's got to be a better companion than Mel.

Weirdly, she's not that bad.

It's Rhod-tree Morgan

by Marc Baker
30/3/2005

Red faced Beeb mistakes first minister for Dr Who nemisis

Watch out Doctor Who fans - welsh premier Rhodri Morgan Could be the time Timelord's next arch enemy!
The stunned First Minister almost landeda role in the resserected BBC1 sci-fi series after confused production make up artists tried to transform him into one of the doctors latest arch enemies.
Rhodri was left speechless after red faced Auntie Beeb staff mistook him for an actor who had landed a part as the bizare tree-like villain Jabe the tree in the eagerly awaited series which starts next saturday.
The bushy haired politician had turned up at bbc wales to take part in the politics show Dragons Eye.
But on Arriveing at the LLandaff studios, the first minister became entangled with a group of show extras and was directed to the Doctor Who make up room.
Make up artists from London, Who didn't recognise Rhodri, then set about transforming him into an enemy of new Timelord Christopher Eccleson before he twigged what was going on.
Jabe The Tree appears in the second episode of the new series, writain by Welsh writer Russell T Davis.
The tree like aliens are from the fictional forest of Cheam and meet the Doctor and his assistant Rose (billie Piper) when the time lord travels in his tardis to the year five billion.
Fortunately Rhodri saw the funny side, laughing out loud after learning of the blunder.
A spokeswoman for the first minister said: "Yes it's true. They were filming Doctor Who at the time and there were loads of extras at the BBC Wales studios and a BBC meet-and-greet guy from London obviously did not recognise him. A young make up artist then came in and said to Rhodri, "oh, are you one of the trees?". Rhodri then twigged and had a good chuckle about it. He thought it was really funny."
Rhodri's spokeswoman jokes: "Veiwers will have to watch Doctor Who to see if Rhodri is in it!"

© Wales on sunday 2005

p595morgan.jpg

^ The first minister (primeminister) of Wales, Rhodri Morgan

rhodtree.jpg

^ the first minister as he would have looked in all the Doctor Who make up

(no sourse link as it was all copied out by my fair hand from the paper and I had to use my webcam to get the picture which explains the grainyness, the ic wales website dosen't have space for non rugby storylines today)

I have done a tune in honour of the daleks,,,which at the time of composing where not going to be in the new Dr Who..but it now seems they will be...so now the initial point of the track is mute none the less i bleieve it deserves a listen...
can be streamed here
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=516613&T=9888

Oooh Thats top Quality stuff naSTEe!

I had the mental image of a couple of daleks bopping on the dance floor. Most ace!

naSTEe said:
I have done a tune in honour of the daleks,,,which at the time of composing where not going to be in the new Dr Who..but it now seems they will be...so now the initial point of the track is mute none the less i bleieve it deserves a listen...
can be streamed here
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=516613&T=9888

I coulsn't play it. The java box pops up with the embedded media player but the controls are all 'greyed out'. My (firefox extension) adblocker objected to it but even after disabling that i still had no joy.

The Yithian said:
I coulsn't play it. The java box pops up with the embedded media player but the controls are all 'greyed out'. My (firefox extension) adblocker objected to it but even after disabling that i still had no joy.
Terribly sorry ill let you know (on here) when it 's up for download ..
but just so you know its a kinda Dr.Who feel without being a rip off and has a Dalex rap...exterminate anihilate destroy etc....

Nice work Nastee!:D

Did you sample the dalek voices, or did you do the ring modulation yourself? They're spot on.

melf said:
this saturday

bbc 1 about 7ish?
It's followed on BBC3 at 7:45 by "Doctor Who Confidential", a half hour documentary, there's apparantly one every week until the BBC1 series finishes.

Thanks all for listening..Extra thanks to Niles for leaving a review...The Daleks are samples..(i wish i had a Dalek vocoder) , but everything else is mine.... looking at my "back catalogue" i have a lot of "Fortean" inspired tracks and even another Dr Who one.

Who Called (Dr Who)
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=253597&T=7119

Viva Voca (EVP)
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=197149&T=2903
.......or here........
http://music.download.com/nastee

Gate of Death (Afterlife)
http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=286706&T=9912

Sorry i'm going a bit off topic here...as for New Who. I quite like Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, not as "Foppish" as recent incarnations
also he's a Northern lad,can't be bad, Billy Piper though fills me with dred and other emotions, still not long to wait, i supppose judgement should be reserved... :idea:

Yup, I hated the camp Doctors (Sylvester McCoy, my days, what a mare! :lol: ) and find Ecclestone a bit sexy in a dangerous northern-lad sort of way, so I'll be there tonight. :D

Wonder what new weapon he has for fighting the Daleks - a multidimensional fish supper, perhaps. :D Can't wait.

escargot said:
Yup, I hated the camp Doctors (Sylvester McCoy, my days, what a mare! :lol: ) and find Ecclestone a bit sexy in a dangerous northern-lad sort of way, so I'll be there tonight. :D

You haven't quite grasped why the Doctor has become such a popular gay icon, have you Escargot?

Scripts by Russell T. Davis, on directly after Strictly Dance Fever... I wonder which section of the adult audience they could possibly be aiming at?

Doctor Who has been a masterpiece of high camp, since the days of William Hartnell.
tardis2.jpg

Don't you agree my dear? Hmm? Hmm?

And, it's on at last! :D

Well I avoided watching it online because of the logistics of trying to watch it on my computer from behind the couch. I did watch some parts from behind the couch but there never seems as much space behind couches as there was when I was a lad and after roasting my buns on the radiator once too often I decided to be grown up about it. :(

Anyway a good introductory romp and both leads (and the support) did well I look forward to watching it from in fornt of the couch from now on ;)

Oh and one d'oh moment - I was pondering how his face could already be known if he was new (he checks out his face in the mirror so he must have been quite "fresh") until I realised I wasn't taking the cunning tiwsts and turns of time travel into account. Shame on me :(

[edit: Oh and did anyone watch it with kids? I read a review where the reviewer had got some kids in to watch the preview tape and they seemed to enjoy it (esp. the inside is bigger than the outisde business with the TARDIS). ]

I watched it next to the couch (I was sat next to my friend whose surname is couch).

I loved it as did all the people I watched it with!

My son thought it was great and that Ecclestone is the best Doctor, ever! :)

I missed it, I was asleep.

still availible online so I can pester my mate with BB?

Have to admit I had doubts about Ecclestone before I saw it but he was brilliant in a manic Tom Baker sort of way.

I really enjoyed it, it's just a pity it doesn't have a cliff-hanger ending. I miss them.

Bring on the Daleks!

just watched it.
just brilliant
an excellent piece of entertainment .

We watched it with 'Aty', who despite being just 2, seemed to enjoy it. She was particularly impressed with the bit where "the man went in the bin".

Cujo

Back