• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. T

Flying Humanoid Entities & Figures (General; Miscellaneous)

Hi WonderWoman. There's a sinister element to a lot of these reports, and given your specific interest in (and memories of) flying humanoids, it's not surprising that you'd begin to feel afraid about the whole phenomenon. All I can say is, I've worked myself into a paranoid state over several...
  2. T

Is There a Reason?

I'm not 'highly electrically charged' or whatever at all, but some years ago I took a yoga class and although it made me feel great, I began getting really sharp shocks off anything that contained electrical wiring. After taking the classes for over a year, and being shocked regularily (and...
  3. T

Erotic Dream. Anybody Got Any Ideas As To Its Significance?

Great find Gyrtrash. :D Is there any more detail about what the spider creature was like? I mean, "spider creature" isn't exactly the same as "spider" or "giant talking spider". The first two stanzas of that spell excerpt remind me a bit of a contemporary 'alien abduction'.
  4. T

The Holy Man Who Never Ages.....

Hi all ~ sorry if this has already been suggested, but maybe someone could contact local support agencies that cater to homeless/mentally unstable people. They probably know about this man and might be willing to give out some information. Especially if the request were submitted as being...
  5. T

computer glitches then devil and me

Isn't one of the Chinese Hells a stinky one?
  6. T

Could you elaborate on these two sentences? For instance, can you remember a feeling that accompanied the idea of this thing 'being with you forever'? And why the devil? You mentioned feeling nauseated, but did you feel threatened, or the presence of evil? Was your nausea over the stench and...
  7. T

I hit "preview" a lot. That seems to keep me from being timed out/logged off.
  8. T

Flowermen or Trick of the light?

Re: Mini Men Frog-men! There was a family of Frog-people that lived in a spring bordering our property in Montana when I was little! I thought they were imaginary though. How cool! Graylien is a maestro of great links IMO. :yeay:
  9. T

Giant Slug ?

Ocean Shores, Washington (on the Olympic Peninsula [rain forest]), summer 1980: I'm at a rabbit (farm???) with some shirttail relatives. There's rabbit poo, mud and huge black slugs everywhere. I'm 12 years old and trying to stand very, very still. There were slugs that looked to be 2' long...
  10. T

Me too. I remember wondering if the researcher(s) were citing incidents that furthered their view of the wee folk being innocent nature-lovers who were aghast at Humanitys rape of the enviornment, blah, blah, blah . . . . . I prefer first-hand accounts = less corrupted. EDIT: I do like...
  11. T

I read through the ELFEN project site recently and got the impression that North American nature spirits/pixies/faeries/et al are benign in their interactions with humans (with the exception of some larger, trollish beings). If so, this would contrast with the British faeries who have reportedly...
  12. T

What Would You Like To Happen To You?

Thank you escargot. Being supported by everyone would make it a lot less painful. :lol:
  13. T

Things that murmer in the night

Were you able to distinguish individual voices or an emotional tone to the voices?
  14. T

Ghosts R Us

Hi Ringo ~ I'm interested in that last bit about your girlfriend describing what sounds like a ghost from your childhood. I've never experienced classic ghost/polt activity like you describe, but I had an imaginary protector as a child that was half panther/half human. I remember making this...
  15. T

What Would You Like To Happen To You?

I'd like to do that shamanic thing where you take peyote or get suspended from your nipples or whatever and then your spirit merges with the spirit of an animal and for a brief while you know what it's like to be something other than human.
  16. T

Some Bizarre Thing I Once Saw

Bags! I know it's probably a pointless stretch on my part, but I like to find connections like these on the off chance that they are related. I tend to ponder Fortean/paranormal occurrences using the same default judgments I do in everyday life; what did it look like, what was the context, how...
  17. T

In each instance the bag belonged to a child of about the same age, too. Very good spot Leaferne. :) EDIT: I just read the entire 'heart bag' thread and noticed that it followed the "kids see the strangest things" course, since the poster was recalling something (she?) witnessed as a child...
  18. T

Is it true that most 'shadow ghost' sightings are either out of the corner of one's eye, or an image that turns up in a photograph? And Pazza, I presume you and your ex were looking directly at the ratlike shadow thing? Did you percieve it as being 2-D or 3-D? Also, was it's form altered by the...
  19. T

Banshee? Kushtaka? Dying Moose?

A vixen is a female fox. Not positive, but I think vixens scream when they're in heat. (???)
  20. T

I just remembered this: I knew a guy who had a mining op (25 miles?) east of Seward, Alaska near a creek named "Devil's Creek". The area was chock full of bear but they got along with him okay. Anyway, he's been there every summer since sometime in the late 70's and he said once he heard a...
  21. T

Hi blakta2 ~ I grew up in Alaska as well, so I know what you mean about the cold. I would have called the police about the scream ~ just to be on the safe side! If you live in a friendly neighborhood, maybe you could tell your neighbors about the scream and ask if they heard it or found anything...
  22. T

R. Crumb & "Mr. Hoonrath"

Ditto again with the OT. :oops:
  23. T

Also OT. :oops:
  24. T

EDITED for being way unnessecarily OT. :oops:
  25. T

Ah Fitz ~ you know what? Once I found out you liked Hunter S. Thompson and John Waters, I wondered if you liked R. Crumb as well! How about William S. Burroughs? Charles Bukowski? If so, are you my husband? And if you are: Stop f*cking around on the computer and get back to work! Sorry, I...
  26. T

People Are Basically Good—Discuss

I was thinking about the time I stopped to help this (homeless?) drunk guy who'd been attacked and left to die in the street. It was an altogether dangerous situation to put myself in, yet I did it. I accept that civic obligation played a part in my decision, but I also know that a big reason I...
  27. T

Strange Experience with BBC3 (Odd Static Image)

A byproduct of being both open-minded and creative. :yeay:
  28. T

I was thinking the hill was the smallish, dark mound towards the left of the bright area and the sky was the blue expanse at the top of the bright area ~ leaving the ocean as the lighter aqua blue area comprising the bottom of the bright area. I don't know if broadcast satellites are...
  29. T

It would be that blue area the "BBC THREE" logo is on.
  30. T

Curious Intertwinings

I totally know what you mean lopaka. I was bombarded with (synchronistic coincidences?) for about a year after my father died. It seemed that the more staunchly I would refuse to assign meaning to these events, the more over-the-top they would become. I eventually gave in and believed that these...
  31. T

Humans practice cannibalism as well. I'm not saying that humans are better or worse than animals, I'm saying that we are animals and different species posess various behavorial traits to lesser or greater degree than other species. So what are our behaviors? (Humans.) We are both social and...
  32. T

Ditto. I can see a blue sky with whispy white clouds, (breakers hitting the land?) and a slight earth curvature to the horizon . . . . . I wonder if a sattelite crashed into the ocean and that was the last image it transmitted before it burned up or impacted?
  33. T

I guess that a lot of my assumptions about human nature are based on the fact that we are genetically similar to primates. I think we can make some generalizations about ourselves in comparison to the rest of the animal kingdom, such as: humans are more sociable and group-oriented than cats...
  34. T

Crazy Synchronicity

Sunsplash! :oops:
  35. T

Crazy Synchronicity

You don't attract lesbians? :lol: Keep trying mate . . . . . your luck is bound to change eventually. :wink:
  36. T

Gullible people spoiling it for the rest of us

Yeah (in reference to Yith's post above). I want to mention that another reason for posting/sharing stories besides looking for advice or attention might be simply wanting to have your experience recorded somewhere ~ for posterity as it were. The assumption being that if enough people talk...
  37. T

. . . . . and also if (and if so, how) religion affects criminal behavior. But the thread title is "People are basically good. Discuss." Trying to define what 'good' and 'evil' mean in the context of this thread seems on-topic to me.
  38. T

I'd like to hark back to Androman's first post in which (he?) distinguished between sociability and goodness. I think the words 'good' and 'bad' describe two extremes of human nature. But people's ideas about what constitutes good/law abiding and bad/criminal behavior have fluctuated wildly...
  39. T

Shape-Shifters: Members Who've Changed Names / IDs

I used to be "example" but Emperor has changed my screenname to "toe" at my request. "Example" was a horrible registration oops on my part and I am glad to finally be rid of that crap name! Thank you Emperor ~ it's great to be toe. :D
  40. T

The only two things that I really can't explain

About the dog (and this may well be a stretch I know): My Jack Russell Terrier has very acute hearing and is frequently distresed by things I can't hear. Sometimes I'll eventually hear something, sometimes I don't hear a thing and just assume she's gone catatonic over some noise. Anyway, her...
  41. T

Caught Red-Handed

Things like this are the reason I have myself under video surveillance at all times!
  42. T

Caught Red-Handed

Hi father john ~ was there paint on your bedding at all? My guess is your housemate played a practical joke on you. :?:
  43. T

Hierarchy Of Verbal Logic

If I may: there's a correllation between ghost experiences and a creepy feeling in the air. Nobody knows conclusively what this feeling is. This lack of knowledge can become a basis for dismissal in the mind of an extreme skeptic. Correct?
  44. T

Personal Space

Yeah, and also how badly a stranger might need to push inside your space. Like one time this woman I'd never seen before threw her arms around me and wouldn't let go. I hugged her right back until the police and ambulance arrived, and wasn't in the least uncomfortable with her proximity. I'm...
  45. T

Personal Space

:lol: Well now that you mention it . . . . . . nah, not really though. But when I first 'entered young adulthood' I didn't mind being grabbed and touched by boys (ergo sexually harrassed) until some other girls explained to me that it was an act of aggression against me. Now of course, it pisses...
  46. T

Personal Space

I'm from the northernmost state in the US and I actually like being in crowds and don't mind being touched and jostled by strangers whatsoever (unless they're being aggressive). Then again I was practically raised in a moshpit. I wonder if graylien has a point about younger people needing less...
  47. T

Gullible people spoiling it for the rest of us

Huh. I don't seem to have any 'gullible people' stories. Which reminds me of that poker axiom: "If you look around the table and can't spot the easy mark, it's you." :(
Back