• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Kazza34

Gef The Talking Mongoose (The Dalby Spook)

Wasn't there talk that Gef was actually a pen!s - no joke
  2. Kazza34

The Enfield Poltergeist

So what are people's opinions so far on The Enfield Haunting being shown on Sky Living atm?
  3. Kazza34

Lancashire Society for Psychical Research

Has anyone heard of the Lancashire Society for Psychical Research? If so does anyone know of anyone who used to be a member of the now defunct Society?
  4. Kazza34

'The Entity': Real Or Hoax?

The case is covered in Barry Taff's book Aliens Above Ghosts Below. Taff was also recently interviewed on Coast 2 Coast AM. Interestingly he made a reference to the fact that the lady in question outlined that one entity assaulted her whilst two held her down. Hr then drew a parallel to the fact...
  5. Kazza34

Paranormal Witness

I have thoroughly enjoyed the series - well those epiosdes I have seen so far. Its far better than MH or the usual american ghost hunter format.
  6. Kazza34

Are poltergeists an economic phenomenon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/ne ... 781438.stm
  7. Kazza34

Were-sheep

Has anyone heard of an urban legend apparently in Cumbria regarding a weresheep - not wolf. Thanks, Karen
  8. Kazza34

Transformers

Check it out http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7863181/Morphing-cars-and-planes-closer-as-Pentagon-develops-shape-shifting-robot.html Edit: R added to title. P_M
  9. Kazza34

Scientific Proof Of Poltergeists?

Has anyone seen the press release on the SPR's website? http://www.spr.ac.uk/main/news/colvin-a ... st-rapping Interesting!
  10. Kazza34

Ghost Walks In Stockport—Anyone Fancy It?

http://stockportghostwalks.kk5.org/
  11. Kazza34

Ooh-Err... Nasty House

But could EMFs from power lines, ULF sound waves, tectonic mutterings etc simply be the medium by which we as humans can sense entities existing?
  12. Kazza34

The Ghosts Of Animals

Thankss for that account EnolaGaia, very interesting!!
  13. Kazza34

The Ghosts Of Animals

Thought this may be of interest to some people infomotions.com/etexts/gutenberg ... /18233.htm Link is dead. See later post for how to access the MIA book.
  14. Kazza34

The Ghosts Of Animals

Thanks Escargot I have looked at the link you directed me to and read the accounts. It would seem that the ghosts of animals are very common.
  15. Kazza34

Totally agree with you. Ghost hunting has become big business and I feel progammes such as Most Haunted effect have been detrimental to the bona fide research into ghosts.
  16. Kazza34

The Ghosts Of Animals

The house is a relatively new build circa 15-20 years. It backs onto a graveyard. Aparently prior to the house being built there the land was simply fields. The house is actually near Leeds.
  17. Kazza34

Shame. You should go along. I went to the one Martin Mills ran a long time ago and it was very interesting.
  18. Kazza34

Martin Mills wrote a book on Haunted Stockport many moons ago. I know Stockport Library's local history department have a copy of this book. There are plenty of haunted sites to visit around Stockport although not all focused in the town centre. I believe the Ghost club Club Zero run the...
  19. Kazza34

The Ghosts Of Animals

I have a friend who is seeing a 'ghost' of a cat in her home. The cat isn't a previous pet of hers and as far as she knows the previous occupants of the house did not own a cat. The cat has shown itself to both her and her partner (although on separate occasions). Does anyone know of any...
  20. Kazza34

Haunted Children's Toys

Has anyone got any experiences of toys acting strangely? I am not really talking about dolls here (as there is already a topic on this) more the kind of things like Elmo-type toys or playmats and the like. I would be interested to learn some more.
  21. Kazza34

The Big Orb Thread

I think its time for ghost hunting to adopt a new format instead of the stale methodology groups like this undertake with either no or very questionable results.
  22. Kazza34

Ghosts & Computers (Including The Vertical Plane)

The book referred to The Vertical Plane by Ken Webster is now going for £16 on ebay. Methinks from what has been posted its not worth the money currently being bid.
  23. Kazza34

Is Auschwitz Haunted?

ChristopherK2 thanks for that account. If you hear anything from the solicitor's children would you let me know. Thanks
  24. Kazza34

Supposed experts in ufology

Dr David Clarke and Andy Roberts have written some good works re the UFO subject as has Nick Redfern.
  25. Kazza34

Is Auschwitz Haunted?

If some ghosts are the product of the stone tape theory (i.e. a powerful emotional or tragic nature is somehow captured within the stonework of a location and replayed – like a tape – in a fixed location, to certain people or under certain circumstances). would you not think that places like...
  26. Kazza34

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

I went to the SPR's annual conference last year. Someone in the audience mentioned the fact that there has been very little academic research done in relation to infrasound and ghosts.
  27. Kazza34

I watched the program last night too, the accounts of individuals who work on the London Underground were very interesting. However, would the 'electric chair' photo taken on London underground had to be a poster!
  28. Kazza34

All that clairvoyant stuff – I don’ t see it myself

There was an article in the Times (UK, London). Published 11/04/2007 Thought it might be of interest: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 637254.ece
  29. Kazza34

For those of you with satellite, Ghosts on the Underground is being shown on the History Channel at 8pm on Wednesday 18th April.
  30. Kazza34

Fortean Meet-Up in the North-West of England

Hi Guys, Can't do that date but have a car so can drive myself to Chester very easily so I will come to next meet up if you give me a couple of weeks notice (need to sort out baby sitter).
  31. Kazza34

Fortean Meet-Up in the North-West of England

Do any forteans meet up on a regular basis in the north west? If so do you allow others to join your groups or are these closed meetings?
  32. Kazza34

Ghosts, Voices and individuals with certain mental illnesses

My father-in-law (f.i.l.) is a vicar working as a hospital chaplain in the field of mental health. Currently all his clients are mentally ill patients who are extrmely poorly and many although not all are sectioned. About a year ago he recountered a story to me about how a university professor...
  33. Kazza34

Daylight Apparitions

Another ghostly phenomena that are seen/heard in the daylight are the ghost planes of the Peak District in Derbyshire.
  34. Kazza34

Daylight Apparitions

My grandmother saw a ghost in a old country lane one bright morning. She disappeared in front of her eyes. I think daylight apparitions are quite common but not reported as often as their night-time companions.
  35. Kazza34

Ghost on Japanese documentary?

Am I missing something here. Are you guys talking about the little girl and how her reflection in the mirror doesn't reflect what she is doing. Cos that's not what spooked me out, its the huge pair of eyes you can see in the first and middle mirror staring out from a white veil type thing, can...
  36. Kazza34

The Enfield Poltergeist

Maybe Grosse tried to get them together?! Perhaps Janet would like closure on the topic? Has anyone contacted the SPR to see if Grosse had done further research/studies?
  37. Kazza34

"Are Scientists Afraid of Ghosts?"

Aren't we supposed to be making progress re understanding 'ghosts' through quantum mechanics and the string theory hypothesis?
  38. Kazza34

The Enfield Poltergeist

gncxx Not stupid at all I would totally agree with you. Whatever she experienced, paranormal or not, she seemed extremely affected by it. Her sister seemed more stable a person.
  39. Kazza34

The Enfield Poltergeist

Wasn't the voice supposed to have originated from a part of the throat not usually used to produce sound.
  40. Kazza34

North West Weirdness

Excellent photos. Hale, very posh place!
  41. Kazza34

Newly-Built Haunted Houses?

So I guess what we are saying is that modern buildings as such cannot be haunted but the land itself can. So in terms of 'land' how would the stone tape theory work?
  42. Kazza34

Newly-Built Haunted Houses?

What book were you rereading Escargot? Sounds interesting!
  43. Kazza34

The 30th Intl Conf of the Society for Psychical Research

The conference is being held at Liverpool's Hope University Friday 1st Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd September. Here is the link http://www.spr.ac.uk/index.php3?page=conf2006
  44. Kazza34

Timothy Good on Talk Sport radio tonight.

Good's new book is called Need to Know: UFOs, the Military and Intelligence. It was published on 18 Aug 2006. I ordered it last week waiting for its delivery so can't give you an opinion on it yet.
  45. Kazza34

Grass Monster: Manchester, UK [Photos]

Very interesting story. Lived around Manchester most of my life but never heard anything similar.
  46. Kazza34

APEN

Thanks that does agree with the information i have found out about them.
  47. Kazza34

APEN

I am trying to find out about an organisation called APEN or Aerial Phenomena Enquiry Network. Has anyone ever heard of them and if so in what capacity? Thanks
  48. Kazza34

Ghost footage on you tube

I'm struggling to see anything too, sorry :(
  49. Kazza34

Hearing Your Name Called

I hear my name being called to this day. I used to hear it a lot as a child but I remember once occassion very clearly as it was the day Prince Charles and Diana got married. Whilst rushing to watch the wedding I caught my finger in our living room door and passed out with the pain. I remember...
  50. Kazza34

Moon Exploration: Manned Missions & Moon Bases

What do you mean returning to the moon, they never got there in the first place!!
Back