• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. ramonmercado

Historical Coin Hoard Found Buried Under Dorset Cottage

Likely a Civil War hoard. Historical coin hoard found buried under Dorset cottage 8 hours ago A buried hoard of coins dating to the 16th and 17th Centuries has been found during renovation work on a cottage. The cache of more than 1,000 gold and silver coins was discovered under an earth floor...
  2. kamalktk

Police Officer Charged With Lying About Taking Missing Person To Hospital

Search continues in Maine as officer is charged with lying about taking missing person to hospital /the person is now missing, again / case is strangely similar to that of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearances_of_Terrance_Williams_and_Felipe_Santos...
  3. maximus otter

Decomposing Globster Washes Ashore in Malaysia, Drawing Crowds

Officials spotted the swollen carcass Friday (April 5) while doing surveillance along Teluk (also spelled Telok) Melano Beach in Lundu, Malaysia. They notified the Sarawak Civil Defence Force (APM), a local disaster agency. While experts think the mysterious blob is likely the remnants of a...
  4. Min Bannister

Mysterious Streaks Of Light Over Southern California

The video is very impressive. What an amazing thing to have seen. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-68718343
  5. eziofan

Baltimore Bridge Accident

Just watching the tragic Baltimore bridge accident. On the video stream you can see many cars and lorries passing over the bridge just before the collision. It certainly brings home the part that fate plays in our day to day lives. This will spawn many tales of how close people came to becoming...
  6. blessmycottonsocks

The Moscow Concert Hall Attack

With the terrible death toll from the attack at the Crocus City Hall in Moscow having reached 133 and still likely to rise, some interesting facts have emerged today. The American embassy in Moscow had warned the Russian authorities some two weeks ago of intelligence that an attack by Islamic...
  7. maximus otter

How Prosopometamorphopsia Distorts Facial Perception

Imagine a person’s face. Now imagine that whenever you looked at that face, there was a chance it would appear distorted. That’s what life is like for a person with prosopometamorphopsia, or PMO. Relying on feedback from a 58-year-old man who has had PMO for nearly three years, researchers at...
  8. ramonmercado

Zimbabwe Police Rescue 251 Children In Raid On Sect Compound

Another cult with 16 unregistered graves, including those of infants found so far and more than 250 children rescued who were being exploited as cheap/slave labour. Zimbabwe police rescue 251 children in religious sect compound raid WORLD Police with dogs are a shrine on a farm near Harare in...
  9. maximus otter

Paul Alexander (The Man In the Iron Lung) Dies After 70 Years Living In Tank

A polio survivor, who lived inside an iron lung for 70 years, has died at the age of 78. Paul Alexander, widely known as "Polio Paul", contracted the viral disease in the summer of 1952 when he was six years old and was left paralysed from the neck down. He was rushed to hospital in Texas -...
  10. kamalktk

Unusual Tracks In The Snow In Prince Albert, Canada

‘Never seen anything like this before’: P.A. resident baffled by unusual tracks in snow /pics of what they found are attached. https://panow.com/2024/03/08/never-seen-anything-like-this-before-p-a-resident-baffled-by-unusual-tracks-in-snow/ Could there be supernatural happenings going on in...
  11. Wombat68

Weirdness On A Walk

I like to walk in a small wood near my home it has a lovely feel to it and I've never felt frightened there. Yesterday I set off down a path I've used countless times before I walked into something I can only describe as thicker air it felt like I was having to push my way through. I could feel...
  12. taras

Abbey Clancy: I Saw 3 UFOs On The A3

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/abbey-clancy-horrified-shes-stalked-32094562
  13. taras

D-Day On Whether To Lift 42-Year Hypnotism Ban In Bolton

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/24100317.d-day-whether-lift-42-year-hypnotism-ban-bolton/ Fortean side note: There is a Robert Temple who is the author of "Open to Suggestion: Uses and Abuses of Hypnosis" (1989), as well as "The Sirius Mystery: New Scientific Evidence for Alien Contact...
  14. Spring Heeled Spud

Huge Triangular UFO Over Seville

Had a week in Seville (lovely city) and was reviewing photos on my phone when I saw this. Didn’t see anything at the time and it isn’t a reflection as we were sat outside. Must be some kind of lens flare but looks great
  15. fizzy55

Shadow Twin

Hi, I wondered if anyone could help give me some ideas on this. A friend told me yesterday that he has been seeing a figure following him around. He first saw it in his room, then stood watching him at work, then on the sidelines when he was taking part in a race. He says it is black and fuzzy...
  16. DrPaulLee

Norfolk Ghost Talk

I'm giving a talk in Norwich on February 27th. If you can't make it, it will be livestreamed and recorded https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/in-person-the-ghosts-of-kings-lynn-and-west-norfolk-with-dr-paul-lee-tickets-811626375337?aff=ebdsoporgprofile
  17. AnonyJ

Somerset Locals Complain About Excessive Noises Coming From Sex Toy Factory

Things that go bump, bang and grind in the night! From https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/sex-toy-company-makes-much-9059500 "A sex toy company is making too much noise at night, its neighbours in Bath have said. Lovehoney is applying for retrospective planning permission for...
  18. MorningAngel

Not Sure What It Is

I’ve got a weird video from during storm Isha. There’s a weird light to the left. It looks like someone with a torch but it isn’t. The area is coming from is where the fence is. Also it’s slower than a human would move it. It’s not a drone or helicopter because they wouldn’t have stood a chance...
  19. Swifty

Josh Kirby Collection

Family of Discworld illustrator seek wealthy patron to conserve legacy of ‘one of the great artists of our time’ https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2024/jan/20/family-of-discworld-illustrator-josh-kirby-seek-wealthy-patron-to-conserve-legacy-of-one-of-the-great-artists-of-our-time Has...
  20. Paul_Exeter

Study Finds A Huge Number Of People Believe In Bigfoot & The Loch Ness Monster

Not just wide-eyed believers either: "The study also uncovered how watching TV or science fiction doesn't result in people being more likely to believe in cryptids but viewing viewing paranormal documentaries and reality TV does."...
  21. ramonmercado

Horse Stuck Between Trees Rescued By Firefighters

The horse is in a stable condition. Horse stuck between trees rescued by firefighters Millie's owner, Michelle Faul, was on hand to keep Millie clam by Alex Pope BBC News, Bedfordshire Published 2 hours ago A seven-year-old horse has been rescued by firefighters after she became stuck between...
  22. frankiefelix

The Florida Mall Alien Rumours? [2024]

What's all this about ten foot tall aliens causing chaos in a Florida mall? Just about every cop car in the state rushing there? People screaming and running for the hills? Fox News says it's nothing, really.
  23. gordonrutter

Edinburgh Fortean Society 2024

Our first meeting of 2024 Wednesday the 10th of January 7.30 pm The Beehive Pub, Grassmarket, Edinburgh, £1 entry Jan Bondeson will be talking on Greyfriars Bobby No visitor to Edinburgh will miss the monument to Scotland's most famous dog, the little terrier Greyfriars Bobby. This amazing dog...
  24. ramonmercado

1,500-Year-Old Gold Buckles Depicting Enthroned Ruler Discovered In Kazakhstan

Picture this: Khagan of theGokturks. 1,500-year-old gold buckles depicting ruler 'majestically sitting on a throne' discovered in Kazakhstan By Tom Metcalfe published about 19 hours ago The ornaments contain the earliest known depiction of a Göktürk "khagan," who probably lived in the sixth...
  25. Ogdred Weary

Villeneuve's Dune Films

Probably deserves its own thread, the trailer leaked earlier but has since been taken down. It was in poor quality and didn't give much away. The Fremen looking pensive and many shots of Arakis, there was a fat bloke in mud, Barron Harkonen perhaps? It'll probably be properly released in the...
Back