• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

spikess

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
i have an avatar that i would like to use, but its too big. So i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make it smaller, or could maybe do it for me??:D ;)

its one of those moving ones, if that helps any....:D

If nobody here can help (sorry, I dont have the software) you might try Gif Works, it's an online service (free).

I would help, but the *ahem* version of software that I use didn't take into account the GIF animation part of it, and I've been unable to "find" anything to help to get it working again :eek:

Gifworks did mine too, I know nothing abut this arty software stuff, and I managed it. Just open the MB section where it tells you the maximum size of the pic, open gifworks, open the gif (animated picture) in gifworks, and re-set it to the number of pixels they recommend.
et voila.

Another vote for gifworks. It shrunk my widdle 'ol book cover just fine.

Nonny

thanx every! i'll try the website place an have a go, im sure i can do it!:D

umm whered the frank post go?? i cant see anything..

Carrion said:
umm whered the frank post go?? i cant see anything..

There are two members called Frank, but neither is just 'Frank', so either he doesn't really exist, or he's got the chop for something.....

Totally unrelated to the above, but not worth starting a new thread for. I know there used to be a newsletter (I tried subscribing once but got a 404 page) and now I notice it's gone. Anybody know what happened?

As title.

:eek: Yawn. I'm off to bed now, 'night everyone.

should be working now - just added the 8 ball one :)

Maybe I should stress that custom avatar changing isn't working for me :)

I can turn them off, and I can change to the default ones, but not upload my own. The one I'm trying is 70x70 pixels, and 3.76KB in size. It's a 256 colour GIF, one I've used before without problems.

I'll fire a PM off to alistair to see what's going on then

Don't mind me, I'm just checking to see if my new avatar is working ...

You don't have to do a new post Lobelia, just look at an old post.

taras said:
Maybe I should stress that custom avatar changing isn't working for me :)

I can turn them off, and I can change to the default ones, but not upload my own. The one I'm trying is 70x70 pixels, and 3.76KB in size. It's a 256 colour GIF, one I've used before without problems.

.....what he said.

I was able to change it on Friday, but not today.

fyi, I can change it if I stick it on the web on and upload from there, but not if I browse for a file on my PC/network

Adrian Veidt said:
Now you're turning me on connors :eek!!!!:

thought I could use a bit of glamour in my Web-life.

.....especially since my last avatar, a pic of me as Spider-man at a fancy dress do, actually made me look like an S&M freak.

Stu, this isn't working yet, just tried to change mine and nothing happened, any news?

I can't change my avatar either!

i'm trying to upload it from my pc but nothing's hapening.

Yes, it's being looked at so your patience would be appreciated :)

Back