• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
So what left this DNA then? Two experts in the field say primates but not known ones.

I'm going to say an unknown primate then. I don't think that bigfoot is an unknown primate. Thousands of accounts, from all over the world for hundreds of years point towards it not being an unknown primate.

The yeti and almasty make perfect sense as flesh and blood creature there is no need for a 'paranormal' explanation for them.

Yeah, I don't know much about either. What little I know about the Yeti...we have the ancient, animist Himalyan legends of a "Glacial Being". An ape-like humanoid creature...pretty much the same ape-like humanoid creature that the Native Americans and First Nation people called Sasquatch. And the ape-like humanoid creature of medieval European legend, the Woodwose. And the ape-like humanoid creature the Mongols called Almas...I could go on. These ape-like humanoids are everywhere...yet materially nowhere. They are perpetually hidden in the mist, in the snow, in the woods. Ghosts.

On top of that, I, of course think that there are unknown flesh and blood animals there that samples turn up and they get tested and they prove something unknown is out there. I just think automatically deciding it must be a bigfoot, or a yeti, or an almasty, is making a leap that isn't warranted...strikes me as odd - "This comes from an unknown animal...oh wait, it must be from a Yeti then!"...surely it's more likely to come from an unknown type of bear? Or primate? (This is not directly a reply to you @lordmongrove , more to those who follow that path of deduction).

I'm going to say an unknown primate then. I don't think that bigfoot is an unknown primate. Thousands of accounts, from all over the world for hundreds of years point towards it not being an unknown primate.

Yeah, I don't know much about either. What little I know about the Yeti...we have the ancient, animist Himalyan legends of a "Glacial Being". An ape-like humanoid creature...pretty much the same ape-like humanoid creature that the Native Americans and First Nation people called Sasquatch. And the ape-like humanoid creature of medieval European legend, the Woodwose. And the ape-like humanoid creature the Mongols called Almas...I could go on. These ape-like humanoids are everywhere...yet materially nowhere. They are perpetually hidden in the mist, in the snow, in the woods. Ghosts.

On top of that, I, of course think that there are unknown flesh and blood animals there that samples turn up and they get tested and they prove something unknown is out there. I just think automatically deciding it must be a bigfoot, or a yeti, or an almasty, is making a leap that isn't warranted...strikes me as odd - "This comes from an unknown animal...oh wait, it must be from a Yeti then!"...surely it's more likely to come from an unknown type of bear? Or primate? (This is not directly a reply to you @lordmongrove , more to those who follow that path of deduction).
If it shares 98% of its DNA with humans then its an ape. Other primates are share less DNA with us than great apes.An unknown ape is the foremost theory as to what the yeti is. The gorilla was mystified by African natives before it was finally discovered. The Russian almasty seems closer to man and is probably a hominin. With the later i hope tests are still ongoing but as the scientist i was in contact with has now passed away and i don't know who his colleague was i am far from sure of this.

To lordmongrove,
I apologize for missing this in the thread but what happened to the 'bigfoot dna' that 2 scientists concluded to be primate?
Was it stolen , lost, ? :thought:
The French geneticist found primate DNA from the Himalayas that shared 98% of its makeup with humans, making it as closely related to us as gorillas are. She could not continue further tests as the company that held it, but apparently didn't own it, destroyed it for reasons unknown. The Russian samples seemed to indicate a hominin rather than an ape. The guy involved with the testing died of cancer. He had a colleague but i don't know any details about him of if the research is still ongoing.

If a Yeti was proven its known site would be a magnet for the global press.

I can just see the Bhutanese govt liking that; they are well known for their privacy.

(Have you ever been there, Lord Mongrove?)
I've never been to Bhutan but i'd love to go. Closest i've been s the Garro Hills in north east India hunting the yeti. Its called the Mande Barung there.

@lordmongrove Do you have any more details on these DNA finds? When and who collected the eDNA from the Himalayan pool and who is the French geneticist who tested it etc? I assume the Russian samples were being tested by Brian Sykes?

@lordmongrove Do you have any more details on these DNA finds? When and who collected the eDNA from the Himalayan pool and who is the French geneticist who tested it etc? I assume the Russian samples were being tested by Brian Sykes?
Brian Sykes and another geneticist whose name i do not know where testing the Russian samples till Brian passed away. I've no idea if the tests are still ongoing. Dr Eva Bellemain was the French geneticist.

Im not sure I would.

Bigfoot is bigger than you, after all.
I once crept up on what I thought was an alien big cat, only to discover it was a black plastic bag caught on a barbed-wire fence. Then it was one of those "crap it was only a bin-bag...hang on, what if it was a big cat?" moments.

I once crept up on what I thought was an alien big cat, only to discover it was a black plastic bag caught on a barbed-wire fence. Then it was one of those "crap it was only a bin-bag...hang on, what if it was a big cat?" moments.
Take a photo anyway, show all your friends they won't know the difference!

Looks like a fat guy wading to me
And I think you're absolutely correct 'Nosmo King!'
Screenshot 2021-07-31 144010.jpg

Back