• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Birds Aren't Real

As someone who's currently wiping bird poop off my shoulder thanks to this little monster;
DSC00120.JPG

Even people who believe this conspiracy surely can't believe it applies to ALL birds, surely!?

As someone who's currently wiping bird poop off my shoulder thanks to this little monster;
View attachment 70340

Even people who believe this conspiracy surely can't believe it applies to ALL birds, surely!?
I suppose there would have to be some real ones, just to convince us. Like the principle of having a few real plants among fake ones, just to keep you on edge.

Well, by the amount of money Dad spends on his birds, (Woodpigeons, starlings, jackdaws....Why cant he attract some bustards and Leaches Fork Tailed Petrels like I like??) They are onto a good thing.

The Bird food industry in this country is massive.

(might be interesting to compare to other countries).

Well, by the amount of money Dad spends on his birds, (Woodpigeons, starlings, jackdaws....Why cant he attract some bustards and Leaches Fork Tailed Petrels like I like??) They are onto a good thing.

The Bird food industry in this country is massive.

(might be interesting to compare to other countries).
I spend more feeding the birds than I do feeding the dog. Birdseed is REALLY pricey and the prices have recently gone up massively. I've cut the feathery little buggers down to a refill once every couple of days until the weather gets cold.

I spend more feeding the birds than I do feeding the dog. Birdseed is REALLY pricey and the prices have recently gone up massively. I've cut the feathery little buggers down to a refill once every couple of days until the weather gets cold.
The robot birds are flying it back to the bird food manufacturers who package it up and sell it to you again. :evillaugh:

I buy this from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GSTUU20/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Currently it works out cheaper per kg to buy 12.75kg bags rather than 20kg. One big advantage I don't have to worry about carrying a huge bag home as I get free Amazon delivery. When it arrives I store it in old plastic sweet tubs. Currently have two seed feeders and one fat ball feeder on the go.

If birds are not real and I have been wasting my money all this time I will be furious. Furious I tell you!

I buy this from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00GSTUU20/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Currently it works out cheaper per kg to buy 12.75kg bags rather than 20kg. One big advantage I don't have to worry about carrying a huge bag home as I get free Amazon delivery. When it arrives I store it in old plastic sweet tubs. Currently have two seed feeders and one fat ball feeder on the go.

If birds are not real and I have been wasting my money all this time I will be furious. Furious I tell you!

We use sunflower hearts from C J Wild Bird Food.

£49.99 for 20kg/44 lbs delivered.

maximus otter

We use sunflower hearts from C J Wild Bird Food.

£49.99 for 20kg/44 lbs delivered.

maximus otter
I pay a bit less for 25kg of mixed seed from the local agricultural merchant. I like to have a mixture of feed (they also have peanuts and fat balls) because it's the best way of attracting different species.

I've had a spotted woodpecker on my fat balls before now... (stop it, @Floyd1 ...)

I buy this from Amazon

Trouble is, it's not just the birds that end up eating it;
slugs.jpg

Trouble is, it's not just the birds that end up eating it;
View attachment 70388
My garden was getting so messed up with spilled seed that I bought a big pot thing - like a shallow planter, which I put under the hanging feeder. That way, I can empty out the seed and dispose of it before it starts sprouting, or rotting.

It may look like an eagle, but it's actually a stealthy bird drone for covert missions

Imagine you are walking down the street, and looking up only to see a majestic eagle soaring in the sky. You admire its beauty and grace, although what if you are actually looking at a spy in disguise? That's right, the eagle you see may not actually be a real bird after all, but a stealthy bird drone that can perform covert missions for the military.

3c4ddf7fa9309bb5dec59a3ecd8767fb

This is the Evolution Eagle, a cutting-edge drone technology that mimics the appearance and behavior of an eagle but has advanced features such as a high-resolution camera, a GPS tracker, and a silent propulsion system.

The Evolution Eagle is produced in the Netherlands. It has a takeoff weight of 5.84 pounds, a wingspan of 6.56 feet, and a length of 2.95 feet. It can fly at a cruise speed of 37.28 mph and has a comms range of 6.21 miles for digital and 12.43 miles for analog. It can fly for 60-plus minutes, and longer with thermal winds. It can carry different payload options, such as C-UAS and ISR cameras.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/may-look...BpYWBFOAsPXxA_oKh33Ju1uIZmULCztJBW9iyn4Sq6169

maximus otter

I live in North Yorkshire. If I look up and see a 'majestic eagle' soaring overhead, then damn right I'm going to think it's a drone! Either that or the buzzards have upped their impersonation game.

Has vision of strange Aztec ceremony where the hearts are cut from living sunflowers and the discarded stalks rolled down the steps cut into the pyramid.
For the vegetarian Aztecs out there...

I live in North Yorkshire. If I look up and see a 'majestic eagle' soaring overhead, then damn right I'm going to think it's a drone! Either that or the buzzards have upped their impersonation game.
Likewise, I don't have much knowledge of bird life in the Netherlands but it does seem unlikely that such a famously flat country would have much of an eagle population. :thought:

It may look like an eagle, but it's actually a stealthy bird drone for covert missions

Imagine you are walking down the street, and looking up only to see a majestic eagle soaring in the sky. You admire its beauty and grace, although what if you are actually looking at a spy in disguise? That's right, the eagle you see may not actually be a real bird after all, but a stealthy bird drone that can perform covert missions for the military.

3c4ddf7fa9309bb5dec59a3ecd8767fb

This is the Evolution Eagle, a cutting-edge drone technology that mimics the appearance and behavior of an eagle but has advanced features such as a high-resolution camera, a GPS tracker, and a silent propulsion system.

The Evolution Eagle is produced in the Netherlands. It has a takeoff weight of 5.84 pounds, a wingspan of 6.56 feet, and a length of 2.95 feet. It can fly at a cruise speed of 37.28 mph and has a comms range of 6.21 miles for digital and 12.43 miles for analog. It can fly for 60-plus minutes, and longer with thermal winds. It can carry different payload options, such as C-UAS and ISR cameras.

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/may-look...BpYWBFOAsPXxA_oKh33Ju1uIZmULCztJBW9iyn4Sq6169

maximus otter

We need some of those in Scotland to keep the tourists amused.

(They have sea eagles in Holland, I think.)

Likewise, I don't have much knowledge of bird life in the Netherlands but it does seem unlikely that such a famously flat country would have much of an eagle population. :thought:
They have storks, I know. Perhaps they could disguise the drone as a stork? Although I don't know how much there is to spy on in the Netherlands.

Back