Celebrity Ghosts & Hauntings

sherbetbizarre

Special Branch
Reaction score
Here's double whammy-

Courtney Love says she once saw Kurt Cobain’s ghost and he spoke to her
Actor Joshua Boone asked Love: “Have you ever seen a ghost?”

Remembering a time when she moved into a new home with ex-boyfriend Edward Norton, Love replied: “When I moved to Hancock Park from Seattle with Frances and Edward, I saw Kurt in a chair for a moment.”

She added: “He said hi to me and then he left.”
https://www.nme.com/news/music/cour...d-he-spoke-to-her-2507742#XP1Obp0fdiTqadlf.99

Liam Gallagher hints that John Lennon’s rocking chair might be haunted
Liam said: ‘I’ve got Lennon’s rocking chair somewhere. Well I used to years ago, but I move house quite a bit, man, every couple of years, so I don’t know where…’ Wondering out loud about where the chair could be, the singer continued: ‘It’s probably in storage at the moment, which is a shame.’ Then he went on to explain how much the rocking chair scares him. ‘It sometimes freaks me out,’ he said, ‘Sometimes I come downstairs and it’s rocking on its own.’
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/12/liam...king-chair-might-haunted-9928714/?ito=cbshare

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
Kristen Stewart has given an interview where at one point she says she keeps getting haunted by darn persistent ghosts:
Kristen goes woo

This is because of "staining", she claims. Never heard of that, not in that term, anyway.

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Rosina Buckman, 1881 - 1948, was a noted New Zealand soprano, who made many records.

A celebrity in her day, though the name is not much known today.

Yet she is known in Wales as the ghost that haunts Wylfa nuclear power station!

Rosina, ghost of Wylfa.

"During the building preparations for Wylfa nuclear power station in 1964, workmen became bothered not by the hard graft – but the fact that their task was being hampered by the appearance of a ghost! Whilst they were excavating a tunnel at the site of Galan Ddu, the Black Bank, the number reported citing the apparition of a woman in white, and hummed a tune! According to Coxe, this caused a number of workmen to quit their jobs . . . "

More on the site. :omg:

Spookdaddy

Cuckoo
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting this in Suggestions For a Good Read but seeing as I haven't read it, here might be a better place...(I've Seen a Ghost: True Stories from Showbusiness by Richard Davis)
I got a second hand copy of this some time back. It's not your typical vanity celeb book, and not in the least 'luvvie' - the stories are interesting in their own right, and some are really very good. Not all events take place within the entertainment side of the teller's life - it's not a haunted theatres book, as such.

The stories are well written - not surprising, I suppose, given that many of the performers interviewed wrote their own material. The experiences included are from a generation who would have begun their careers on the stage - in variety and repertory theatre - and therefore will have spent a significant part of their lives in the big old mysterious barns we call theatres. (At one time I spent a lot of my own working life in theatres - West End and provincial - but never saw anything more frightening than myself, unfortunately. That said, I totally empathise - if there is a man-made space that absolutely demands some sort of supernatural occupation, it's an empty theatre).

There are twenty four individual accounts - some including several experiences - from the likes of Bob Monkhouse, Kenny Everett, Donald Sinden, James Alexander Gordon, Pat Phoenix and Jon Pertwee. There's a very interesting chapter on experiences during the filming of The Owl Service, by its producer and director, Peter Plummer. There's a chapter by Doc Shiels - who I always forget was a bit of a turn. And who'd have thought that Vince Hill was at one time an enthusiastic dabbler on the Ouija board?

Recommended.