Clowns: Evil Or Funny?

Clowns: Evil or funny?

• Clowns are evil and out to get you

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Clowns are funny and out to entertain you

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Clowns are sad blokes trying to make a living

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Clowns are a national institution - how dare you imply that they are sinister in any way

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

cycleboy2

Justified & Ancient
We've had funny clowns* and evil clowns and now we have...support clowns.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business...pt5TG1dpxmusVHNB05l-BXEtD2g2fEWPkU3G41GD8AmH0

*Allegedly. I've had gas bills that are funnier than the average clown.
That's brilliant – I hate clowns but that's a brilliant use of them: sitting there making balloon animals and miming crying. Absolute genius, I'm guessing it was used to discomfit the people handing over the redundancy papers and, I'm guessing, it would have worked too!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Was remembering my childhood and realised I'd met 'Coco the Clown', who was one of the most famous clowns in the UK at the time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolai_Poliakoff
I was probably 10 years old at the time. He came to the school and walked around in his full outfit, talking to us about his clown outfit and road safety. He had an unusual accent (just found out he was Latvian). He seemed like a nice guy and wasn't 'creepy', although he was a man of few words. I remember asking about his huge boots and he told me that he'd had them made at great expense.
His son, who was also a clown, lived near my home town. I think Coco may have been visiting him at Billy Smart's Circus at the time, which had its headquarters near me.

Last edited:

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
He came to the school and walked around in his full outfit, talking to us about his clown outfit and road safety.
I think that we had a red haired clown come to talk to us about brushing our teeth well.

I wonder how many dental phobias resulted :(

The Ukraine Pennywise risks jail.

A mysterious prankster who has been dressing up as Pennywise the evil clown from the popular “It” films and trying to scare passers-by has been getting a lot of attention in Ukraine, including from prosecutors who think the people behind the stunt deserve to be locked up.

The real-life Pennywise was first spotted on the streets of Mukachevo, in Western Ukraine, on December 9th, when local media published photos of a scary looking clown walking through the streets and hiding behind a bridge, waiting to pop in front of unsuspecting passers-by. Then, a few days later, a video shot at a gas station shows the mysterious clown pretending to pour gas over people’s cars after they go inside to pay. Some run for the hills abandoning their vehicles, while other just get behind the wheel and drive away. In another video, the clown opts for the classic popping-out-of-a-trash-can stunt, which doesn’t work quite as well as intended, but is apparently enough to get him in trouble with local authorities. ...

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/...ukraine-risks-spending-5-years-in-prison.html

Last edited:

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Here's a GOOD clown. Sadly he is no longer here to receive our admiration.

Brave clown is shot dead saving baby and mother

A CLOWN who cheered up sick children by giving them laughter therapy was shot dead by a robber as he tried to defend a mother and her baby.

Humberto Rojas Landa — known as Doctor Cosquillas (Doctor Tickling) or Payaso Solecito (Little Sun Clown) — was blasted in the head at a restaurant in the central Mexican city of Puebla.

According to witnesses, an armed man burst into the building planning to rob customers.

Local media said Landa, 51, tried to defend the woman and her son and hit the robber with a water jug.

The gunman then shot him in the head before fleeing the scene with a single mobile phone.