• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Conspiracy Theories & Claims

The lord has spoken.

American Cardinal Raymond Burke used his position as a purported representative of the Christian god to convince people the world over to avoid their social obligation to get vaccinated.

Apparently, his god has spoken.

Daily Beast:

He also used that platform to push the conspiracy theory that the vaccines provide a potential vector for "a kind of microchip needs to be placed under the skin of every person, so that at any moment he or she can be controlled by the State regarding health and about other matters which we can only imagine."

The American prelate had recently scoffed at continuing COVID-19 precautions and scorned vaccine mandates in both the U.S. and Europe. It is not known if he was vaccinated before contracting the virus, which would have helped him comply with Italy's increasingly harsh regulations that require vaccination proof to anyone who wants to dine in a restaurant or go to a movie. Pope Francis has also required Vatican employees to be inoculated and called getting the vaccine an "ethical obligation."

Burke's press team tweeted last Wednesday that the cardinal had been admitted to a hospital after several conservative Catholic websites started prayer circles for him. "Cardinal Burke has been admitted to the hospital with COVID-19 and is being assisted by a ventilator," according the tweet. "Doctors are encouraged by his progress. H.E. faithfully prayed the Rosary for those suffering from the virus. On this Vigil of the Assumption, let us now pray the Rosary for him."

https://boingboing.net/2021/08/16/v...ized-and-on-a-ventilator-due-to-covid-19.html

Another one bites the dust.

A religious radio broadcaster who spread disinformation about the coronavirus vaccines was killed by the virus Sunday.

Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr. had been admitted to the hospital Aug. 7 with COVID-19 complications, according to his wife Judy, who also contracted the virus. In February, DeYoung published an interview promoting the conspiracy theories that the Pfizer vaccine would make women sterile and that world governments were using the virus and vaccine to centralize power. DeYoung’s guest at the time, Sam Rohrer, said that very few people who were infected lost their lives, calling the vaccine only a “purported solution” and “not truly a vaccine.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris...cine-government-control-dies-from-coronavirus

Since Israel published data how breakthrough infections started to increase after about 8 months from the initial vaccination, it seems a third shot is necessary.

My opinion is this virus does not want to give up, so I feel like this has to be a biological weapon released upon the world.

I would go as far as to say this is an alien virus that rode to earth on a meteor.

If this virus did not come from space, it was purposely built in a lab to be destructive.

My wife knows of two fully vaccinated women who had breakthrough infections and are fighting covid again

Since Israel published data how breakthrough infections started to increase after about 8 months from the initial vaccination, it seems a third shot is necessary.

My opinion is this virus does not want to give up, so I feel like this has to be a biological weapon released upon the world.

I would go as far as to say this is an alien virus that rode to earth on a meteor.

If this virus did not come from space, it was purposely built in a lab to be destructive.

My wife knows of two fully vaccinated women who had breakthrough infections and are fighting covid again

OR

In nature, viruses are designed to do one thing - spread. The ones that are not very good at spreading die out . The ones that survive and can spread have a chance to mutate and change with every individual who gets them, making any vaccinations redundant. Which is why you need a flu jab every year as new strains develop and the flu jab is a "best guess" at which variant will take over each winter. So even people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 will still catch it if the strain/variant they get came into being after they were vaccinated.

Things don't need to be born in a lab to be destructive. Nature can get rid of us any time it wants to.

"Things don't need to be born in a lab to be destructive."

Sure, but when one considers how vast a country China is (almost 10 million km2), with a vast population (1.5 billion) who routinely visit "wet markets" all around the country and frequently eat what we consider to be unusual meat, it seems one hell of a coincidence that the initial outbreak was in close proximity to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where Coronaviruses were being subjected to "gain-of-function" research.

18 months of frantic research into the pandemic has not discovered a link to SARS-CoV-2 in any animal and the astonishing rapidity with which Covid spreads amongst humans suggests that its highly unusual features and genetic sequences were engineered to do just that.

Sure, but when one considers how vast a country China is (almost 10 million km2), with a vast population (1.5 billion) who routinely visit "wet markets" all around the country and frequently eat what we consider to be unusual meat, it seems one hell of a coincidence that the initial outbreak was in close proximity to the Wuhan Institute of Virology, where Coronaviruses were being subjected to "gain-of-function" research.

18 months of frantic research into the pandemic has not discovered a link to SARS-CoV-2 in any animal and the astonishing rapidity with which Covid spreads amongst humans suggests that its highly unusual features and genetic sequences were engineered to do just that.
Yeah, and they apparently started with a virus that mutated frequently. One of the earliest things to come out... which has been suppressed heavily, is that they identified multiple strains of the virus within a month of studying it. The reason the vaccine has to be so special is that it creates an immune response unlike what a natural response would normally be, and targets a part of the shell(the 'spike' protein) that presumably mutates less frequently. Or if it mutates is more likely to become non-functional

The World Health Organization claims they are tracking around 13 variants with more under study.

So this to me seems abnormal even for a virus, but what do I know ?

The World Health Organization claims they are tracking around 13 variants with more under study.

So this to me seems abnormal even for a virus, but what do I know ?

It's sadly simple, more infections equals more instances of copying.

Every such instance has a chance of a 'copy error', and every such error has a chance of affecting the way that that particular instance of the virus operates. One that operates in a distinctive enough way to be noted--especially one which is notably more or less deadly or transmissible--gets a new letter and a scientific description.

We've had a hell of a lot of infections, which means we keep on rolling the dice and rolling the dice.

It's sadly simple, more infections equals more instances of copying.

Every such instance has a chance of a 'copy error', and every such error has a chance of affecting the way that that particular instance of the virus operates. One that operates in a distinctive enough way to be noted--especially those which are notably more or less deadly or transmissible, gets a new letter and a scientific description.

We've had a hell of a lot of infections, which means we keep on rolling the dice and rolling the dice.
I remember reading a paper about AIDS and why it was so hard to treat. The short version is that AIDS mutates so fast that the high mutation rate slows immune responses and no one individual with the AIDS condition actually has only one virus strain.

This is actually part of why they list COVID-19 as "major variants" and not every single mutation. In truth if you went the most strict method of counting variants, IE one nucleotide difference in genetic material, there might be over a billion strains of COVID-19.

It's something that happens with the Common Cold and is why people get re-infected with it. Every carrier is probably the source of at least one mutation. The real question is if the mutation is important. To my knowledge part of why some people stay sick longer that others when afflicted with a viral ailment is that the virus mutated to the point it counted as a breakthrough infection and thus needed a second immune response(etc).

So could it now be said, with some authority from scientific evidence, that the virus will be with us for the foreseeable future, like flu (but more deadly)?

So could it now be said, with some authority from scientific evidence, that the virus will be with us for the foreseeable future, like flu (but more deadly)?
Yes.
Also masks, testing, social distancing, lockdowns, surveillance, police state.

Like the flu but less deadly in the long run. From Day 1 it was the case that we would never get rid of Covid-19. This virus will be with us indefinitely, maybe forever. There was never a time when the erradication of this was a possibility despite rhetoric along the lines of "beating it" or us being in a "war". Once this virus was spreading, it was impossible that we could stop it.

We will require yearly shots and it will flare up with good or bad years. Certain parts of the world may suffer more than others but warmer climates will have an easier time of it. Densley populated, colder, wetter parts of the world will see it lingering i.e. the UK.

For example, TB still infects around 5,000 people a year in the UK with people in deprived areas 7x more likely to get it that in other areas. It is a bacterial infection rather than a viral, however it is spread in the same fashion as Covid-19 (coughing, sneezing and generall exhailing air). It we still haven't eradicated TB after 6,000 years then I wouldn't hold your breath (pun intended) for Covid to be conquered any time soon.

I remember reading a paper about AIDS and why it was so hard to treat. The short version is that AIDS mutates so fast that the high mutation rate slows immune responses and no one individual with the AIDS condition actually has only one virus strain.

This is actually part of why they list COVID-19 as "major variants" and not every single mutation. In truth if you went the most strict method of counting variants, IE one nucleotide difference in genetic material, there might be over a billion strains of COVID-19.

It's something that happens with the Common Cold and is why people get re-infected with it. Every carrier is probably the source of at least one mutation. The real question is if the mutation is important. To my knowledge part of why some people stay sick longer that others when afflicted with a viral ailment is that the virus mutated to the point it counted as a breakthrough infection and thus needed a second immune response(etc).
The unusually high mutation rate of the HVAID virus is why there has never been a vaccine. This is why at the beginning of covid when those ignorant folk on fb proclaimed hysterically that there would never be a vaccine. certainly not in a year, look at AIDS, it was pretty obvious that this didn't apply as even early on since virologists noted that the mutation rate was only normally high, not extreme.

The unusually high mutation rate of the HVAID virus is why there has never been a vaccine. This is why at the beginning of covid when those ignorant folk on fb proclaimed hysterically that there would never be a vaccine. certainly not in a year, look at AIDS, it was pretty obvious that this didn't apply as even early on since virologists noted that the mutation rate was only normally high, not extreme.
Yeah, normally high, like the Common Cold, which you can get infected with several times a year. Oh and yeah that's one of those diseases you can't properly vaccinate against due to high numbers of strains(in this case counted based on anti-body compatibility).

Also conventional vaccines wouldn't work against all the Covid variants either. The COVID-19 vaccines we do have are basically genetic engineering hacks and don't work like older styles of vaccine. As far as I know, natural antibodies created to stop a specific Covid-19 variant may or may not work against others. Which is theoretically true of the vaccines too.

Like the flu but less deadly in the long run. From Day 1 it was the case that we would never get rid of Covid-19. This virus will be with us indefinitely, maybe forever. There was never a time when the erradication of this was a possibility despite rhetoric along the lines of "beating it" or us being in a "war". Once this virus was spreading, it was impossible that we could stop it.

We will require yearly shots and it will flare up with good or bad years. Certain parts of the world may suffer more than others but warmer climates will have an easier time of it. Densley populated, colder, wetter parts of the world will see it lingering i.e. the UK.

For example, TB still infects around 5,000 people a year in the UK with people in deprived areas 7x more likely to get it that in other areas. It is a bacterial infection rather than a viral, however it is spread in the same fashion as Covid-19 (coughing, sneezing and generall exhailing air). It we still haven't eradicated TB after 6,000 years then I wouldn't hold your breath (pun intended) for Covid to be conquered any time soon.
Yeah, the unpopular truth is that there was never a time in the USA where quarantine was meaningful. The virus was in the general population before it had a name, and there were probably thousands exposed before people realized it was a problem.

Another one bites the dust.

A religious radio broadcaster who spread disinformation about the coronavirus vaccines was killed by the virus Sunday.

Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr. had been admitted to the hospital Aug. 7 with COVID-19 complications, according to his wife Judy, who also contracted the virus. In February, DeYoung published an interview promoting the conspiracy theories that the Pfizer vaccine would make women sterile and that world governments were using the virus and vaccine to centralize power. DeYoung’s guest at the time, Sam Rohrer, said that very few people who were infected lost their lives, calling the vaccine only a “purported solution” and “not truly a vaccine.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/chris...cine-government-control-dies-from-coronavirus
"Anti-vaccine radio host dies from Covid" is basically a daily occurrence in the US recently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Valentine#COVID-19_skepticism,_subsequent_illness_and_death

"Valentine had questioned the need of vaccinations on his radio program. As part of this, he wrote and performed a comedy song, "Vaxman", a parody of the 1966 Beatles' song "Taxman", altering the lyrics to criticise vaccination initiatives. His song included the lines:

"Let me tell you how it will be, and I don’t care if you agree, Cause I’m the Vaxman, yeah I’m the Vaxman. If you don’t like me coming round, be thankful I don’t hold you down.”

CNN reported that he had compared vaccination status badges worn by medical workers with the yellow badges German Jews were forced to wear by the Nazis.

On December 17, 2020, Valentine blogged that he believed his own chance of dying from COVID-19 was "probably way less than one percent." On July 11, 2021, Valentine acknowledged he had COVID-19 and bragged that it would not be a problem, admitting he might take a day off from his radio show merely as a "precaution." On July 23, he was hospitalized in serious condition, which later turned critical. After contracting the virus, he regretted not being more vehemently ‘pro-vaccine’, according to his radio station. On July 28, he was placed on a ventilatorto focus on treating his lungs. On August 1, it was reported that his family would keep him alive on an ECMO machine. He died on August 21."

https://www.thewrap.com/dick-farrel-anti-vax-radio-host-dies-covid/

"Dick Farrel, a longtime conservative radio host from West Palm Beach, Florida, who was a vocal opponent of the coronavirus vaccine and vehement critic of Dr. Anthony Fauci, died Aug. 4 of complications from COVID-19, according to WPTV. He was 65.

After calling Fauci a “power-tripping lying freak” and urging people not to get vaccinated as recently as June, Farrel changed his tune after contracting the virus himself and entering the hospital roughly three weeks ago."

Last edited:
Breakthrough Covid cases: Data shows how many vaccinated...
July 20, 2021 - NBC nightly news

At least 125000 fully vaccinated people have tested positive for Covid and 1400 of those have died, according to data compiled by NBC...

The above information is listed on the first page of google. When I put how many unvaccinated people have "contracted" covid 19 and lived. Try as I might, I cannot get the page to load when I click the link. It just keeps buffering.

And you know that little message that you get at the bottom left hand of the page when you are waiting for a page to load? It says, "transferring data from nondiscriptnote.com". When I try to search for nondiscriptnote.com, I get, "nondiscriptnote.com’s server DNS address could not be found."

How's that for a conspiracy?

found an article with a similar subject matter just now on MSN.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...s-don-t-have-answers/ar-AANzgN7?ocid=msedgntp
It seems like the vaccines... don't protect against all strains. Which of course is not popular for the people who want everyone to get vaccinated.,

This article has a lot less numbers in it and has a footnote at the bottom saying that it was RE-written to put emphasis on how the vaccines are good and you should get them even if they're not 100% effective....

Here's another interesting one:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...ur-hypocrisy-opinion/ar-AANDdSe?ocid=msedgntp
It's focus is about why the general public doesn't trust the "system"... IE the system is not only contradictory, but obviously self-serving. Most interesting is that their discussion talks about how... no actually, it's not a matter of political leaning of the people.

It mentions Obama's birthday party, but doesn't say much about it. I heard elsewhere it was identified as a "super-spreader" event. :/ But don't have any numbers to support that handy(or a link to the source).

Well this is worrying.... :/
https://www.thedailybeast.com/ultra-vaccinated-israels-debacle-is-a-dire-warning-to-america
back to the "does the vaccine actually work" discussion it seems :/
This article's position is that it might last as long as 6 months at best. And that's assuming it actually works on new mutant strains at all. Which is weird, because most vaccines... don't have that problem.
Every year you have to have a flu jab and that particular vaccine is based on a best guess for the strain of influenza that they think may be the most common that year, viruses that mutate are difficult to vaccinate against because they are mutating to try to circumvent being controlled so they can continue to spread.

Every year you have to have a flu jab and that particular vaccine is based on a best guess for the strain of influenza that they think may be the most common that year, viruses that mutate are difficult to vaccinate against because they are mutating to try to circumvent being controlled so they can continue to spread.

So, if we stop vaccinating, that might slow down the mutation process?

That's different. flu shots are the same category of vaccine, but technically a different vaccine since the active agents in the vaccine are different. As you pointed out, it's needed because of exposure to a different viral strain than the previous one. So this year it's flu-2021, next year it's flu-2022.

The Covid-19 thing... is apparently a situation where you slowly become more vulnerable over time to what you were immunized against. The proposed "booster shots" are the SAME vaccine as the initial shot. Not sure how that works. Getting the 2021 flu vaccine in 2022... doesn't help as much as the 2022 vaccine would. Soo.... how is this different?
No. In the flu case, the vaccines are not fully effective, because the 2021 flu vaccine is based on flue strains from 2020, and the 2021 flu season will probably have a new strain not seen before.
No, the virus has a percentage chance (idk what that % is but I'm sure someone will know) of mutating each time it moves from one host to another, so stopping vaccinations wont stop it mutating.
Not exactly, mutation is a replication error when multiplying within a host. Which in the case of the flu happens regularly enough that it mutates far enough yearly to create break-though infections. Exact odds? enh.... depends on virus.

We have all heard of the whack-a-doodles (who shall remain nameless. You're welcome, mods.) who insist on drawing parallels between Covid vaccinations and medical experiments conducted by the Nazis in the death camps. Wonder what they would make of this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ivermeticin-inmates-covid-19-arkansas-fda-warnings/

There's got to be the makings of a king-hell class action lawsuit here.

We still don't know where the actual patient zero was. There were a lot of cruise ships with a lot of sick people searching for a port in November and December 2019.

The flu was very deadly when large groups of people got it in 1919 & 1920, it was also quite deadly when large groups of people got a new strain we call The Hong Kong flu in 1968 & 1969. We did not have vaccines for the flu until 1971. Eventually Sars Covid19 will be like the flu. Lots of people will get vaccinated every year, many will get it and some will die (just like the flu, people still die sometimes).

No, because the mutation process happens when each person gets the virus. The vaccine helps the body fight the virus so that it can't mutate and usually can't survive, however if you have been vaccinated and you get the virus, you are still contagious.

Back