• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

It's going to be on here (Australia) starting the 21st of May.

Saturday Night 7:30pm slot. As soon as they run out of Monarch of the Glen at a rough guess, which currently has Tom Baker in it.

Coincidence?

Anyway, I thought they should have run out of Monarch of the Glen when they killed off Richard Briers. I mean, what was the point?

Exactly! Can't stand MofG, started out resonable enough theN just went on, and on, and on. Ad nauseam What was the point? :(

Roll on Twenty-first of May...
:D

sunsplash said:
Exactly! Can't stand MofG, started out resonable enough the just went on, and on, and on. Ad nauseam What was the point? :(

The scenery.

Scottish scenery is Awful, dont be mistaken by the hype.

all rocks and heather and rain.

AndroMan said:
sunsplash said:
Exactly! Can't stand MofG, started out resonable enough the just went on, and on, and on. Ad nauseam What was the point? :(

The scenery.

Got that bit of the show! All that lush greenery, lochs and such, the odd mountain etc etc. But there were no Aliens, saucers or triangles, cryptids or ABC's, and to be blunt once youv'e seen one flash of greenery it all starts to look the same... :D

Hmm.. well that one wasn't too bad, if a little "Portrait of the Dalek as a Young Man", but satisfying nonetheless :p

I was hoping it was going to turn into a Chav Dalek, move to Croydon, and open a bling jewellry store or something :D

Mr Snowman said:
Hmm.. well that one wasn't too bad, if a little "Portrait of the Dalek as a Young Man", but satisfying nonetheless :p
Not the first time that Daleks have fallen foul of the human 'disease' of emotions!

A Dalek to be proud of. :)

I was starting to feel sorry for the dalek - should I be hanging my head?

Seeing that Cyberman head got me thinking.. From the old school villains, I reckon that they and the Zygons are the only ones who could come back and not be rendered 'corruptable' by human influence. Does anyone think this would happen, or are we in an era where even the most evil creatures in the Universe must have -some- kind of fallibility other than their own megalomanical tendencies blinding them to an impending defeat?

Well, that was something, weren't it? Nice Dalek. One I finally found very scary indeed. One Dalek seems far more scary than thirty. And I felt sorry for it at the end as well.

Shame about the new assistant though.

I thought it was quite good - I liked the way the drama was fairly self contained - With just one dalek.

-

i dunno whats more scary!

a dalek with emotions or a politician who would acknowlegde that hes done wrong :eek!!!!:

And a smart Dalek too. "You would make a good Dalek." How to really hurt the Doctor's feelings.

SPOILER:

I was wondering, did the Dalek really die? Could it have teleported away or something? We never saw any bits lying around.

Simon Pegg is the baddie next week - not quite as impressive as a heavy duty Dalek.

GNC said:
I was wondering, did the Dalek really die? Could it have teleported away or something? We never saw any bits lying around.

Simon Pegg is the baddie next week - not quite as impressive as a heavy duty Dalek.

Daleks do traditionally explode and leave horrible, green, dead bits around.
Your theory is plausible, but the corrupting influence of the human DNA would be a problem if a new dalek race were to emaerge from it.(?)

As there's definitely 1 timelord and 1 dalek around, there's plenty of scope for other daleks and timelords surviving. You certainly wouldn't expect the Master and the Rani standing side by side with the Doctor.
Plus the daleks were already factionalised and we don't know if Davros is dead or not.

Davros is definitely dead. They even gave his a state funeral.

Sir_Joh_an_m1045625.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/brisbane/stories/s1352211.htm

GNC said:
I was wondering, did the Dalek really die? Could it have teleported away or something?
That was my first thought. No point killing off a good villain! Leave the possibility of yet another return.... :shock:

Good special effects too - I always wondered what those Dalek 'buttons' were for!

Good episode.

But in general I prefer the assistant to the Doctor - Ecclestone just overdoes it, IMHO.

I liked it a lot!
GNC said:
I thought that as well, but had that been the case, it could have done so when it was trapped behind the bulkhead. No, I think it really did want to die.

As for the Master: I bet he ain't dead either. Any takers that he'll be back towards the end of this series (or indeed in the very last episode)?

The Dalek was very well realised-especially when it opened up to reveal the Dalek creature inside,and also when it auto-destructed.
I wasn't to keen on the 'I'm the last surviving Dalek-Oh woe is me!' storyline,though.
But the SCARIEST bit was the fact that Todd from 'Coronation street' walked into the Tardis at the end of the episode! :roll:
Then again,maybe the week after next's episode will be set in Wetherfield - the latest Doctor would be right at home there!

Magonian said:
But the SCARIEST bit was the fact that Todd from 'Coronation street' walked into the Tardis at the end of the episode! :roll:
Then again,maybe the week after next's episode will be set in Wetherfield - the latest Doctor would be right at home there!

If you thought they were scary before imagine a menacing horde of daleks all sporting Ena Sharples type hair nets........

-

Rrose Selavy said:
If you thought they were scary before imagine a menacing horde of daleks all sporting Ena Sharples type hair nets........-
Nah, you'd never get the net over the ridiculously large new light bulbs they've put on the top of the dome. Looks more like a movie daleks than a TV one.

stu neville said:
I liked it a lot!
GNC said:
I thought that as well, but had that been the case, it could have done so when it was trapped behind the bulkhead. No, I think it really did want to die.

Yeah, but why do you think it wanted to see daylight? Maybe it needed to be closer to the surface to teleport?

I want to see more Daleks, basically!

More Daleks to come by the end of the series. And what is all this Bad Wolf stuff??? ;)

I suspect the doctor is the big bad wolf...

The kid wrote it on the Tardis door, and the psychic servant girl saw it in Rose's mind, meaning it's something/one she's met. I'm wondering if there's going to be some dark twist here concerning which side the doctor was on in the fall of Gallifrey.

Not that I have an overactive imagination or anything :?

i wonder if the reason, why the dalek couldnt kill rose is becuase, she is now the "new leader" of the new daleks due to her dna?

plus what did he (the dr) mean:- "ive already killed her once!, i wont let that happen again" ?

and is the battle of gallafry/last time war, the end result of rose helping the dalek in the first place and theyve "tried to rescue" her from the dr?

Back