• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

*SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN AGE OF STEEL*

Was anyone else thinking during the Mickey/Rickey confusion, wouldn't it have been cool if it was Rickey pretending to Mickey, going home with the Doctor and Rose? If they'd set it up that seeing Rose, she meant something to Rickey (and Mickey in those scenes could have been preplexingly jealous) and at the end Rickey pretends to be Mickey and stows back to our reality aboard the TARDIS, and we find out later at the end of the season that he's actually left a trail by his own existence for the Cybermen to follow them through for the season finale and ends up sacrificing himself to save the world? And all through the rest of the season you're wondering, "is he or isn't he Mickey?" And even better season finale, it turns out it was Mickey all along, greatly effected by his encounter with Rickey, actually becomes brave, lays down his own life in order to save the universe.

If only.

Aparently Micky and the anoyying guy from Childrens BBC are in the cast list for the final episode so maybe you are not far off.

I really enjoyed these episodes and after watching Dr Who confidential after last weeks, was keen to watch the first appearance of the Cybermen as the original ones looked really creepy. They were!

I liked Mickey and it is a shame he has left I think. :) I like Rose as well but she is a bit thick sometimes! I mean, you have just lost your wife, your dog is undoubtedly dead as well and some girl comes up to you and tells you she is your daughter in a parallel universe! Way to devastate someone even more Rose! I agree that the Rose/Dr relationship thing is becoming tedious. Shut up and get on with the adventuring folks!

Why...

With all the universe to have adverntures in, why are they always in a past/future/parallel London?

Re: Why...

maxwell121 said:
With all the universe to have adverntures in, why are they always in a past/future/parallel London?
'Cause that's the city that looks most like Cardiff. ;)

Yes, I like the new series but it does seem more earth-bound than I remember Dr. Who used to be.

Bistoinferno said:
Aparently Micky and the annoying guy from Childrens BBC are in the cast list for the final episode so maybe you are not far off.
What annoying guy? Surely not the return of Peter Purves? Or maybe Andi Peters is going to play Mickey's brother?

On the plus side this weekend, I didn't hear "Torchwood" mentioned once, but I agree, let's get off the Earth and to somewhere more...well, alien. 1950s TV coming to life? Do me a favour - I'll still watch, but with the whole of time and space to explore, why the bias towards Cardiff (sorry, I mean London)?

So, you get a parallel universe with an alternative Mickey, called Ricky, an alternative Rose's mum and Dad, and to some degree an alternative Rose also...

... so, odds on favourite that the alternative Doctor for that universe would be "The Master"* ;)

(*aka: The big bad for season three)

I thought this two parter was a bit boring, but still better than the farting aliens from the last series.

So which baddies are they bringing back for the next series? we have had an old companion...will they bring back an old DR???

kitsunegari said:
I thought this two parter was a bit boring, but still better than the farting aliens from the last series.

So which baddies are they bringing back for the next series? we have had an old companion...will they bring back an old DR???

I wouldn't mind seeing the Sontarans or even the Zygons, coming back.

kitsunegari said:

I'd hope if they bring anyone back it'll be the Silurians/Sea Devils...you could do them a lot better now. (They could even throw in a reptoids subplot, with a guest spot from David Icke)

I'd like to see the Ice Warriors make a come back.

By the way, on www.imdb.com there is a cast list for this series of Dr Who, the one for the final episode has a familiar name in the cast of characters.

But that's all I'm saying - if you must know it's here http://imdb.com/title/tt0756450/

bigphoot1 said:

By the way, on www.imdb.com there is a cast list for this series of Dr Who, the one for the final episode has a familiar name in the cast of characters.

But that's all I'm saying - if you must know it's here http://imdb.com/title/tt0756450/

The Terry Molloy/Davros thing is bollocks, any idiot can post on IMDB and any idiot does. Same mindset that defaces Wiki.

Someone posted Norman Lovett as Davros last season.

Timble2 said:
kitsunegari said:

I'd hope if they bring anyone back it'll be the Silurians/Sea Devils...you could do them a lot better now. (They could even throw in a reptoids subplot, with a guest spot from David Icke)
Yes, indeed! :)

I'd quite like to see the Zarbi back too!

fquake said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the Sontarans or even the Zygons, coming back.

Yeah, Sontarans please. My first TV memory is of a Sontaran's head deflating.

Sea Devils get my vote :D

I've had about as much as I can take of Rose chasing after her dead Dad, that's fer sure. And she's starting to behave like a spoiled brat, refusing to share her Doctor with any other character, it seems.

When's she going?

BlackRiverFalls said:
As long as they don't try repeating an old formula and end up with The Ten Doctors, which could get kind of tedious :D

Difficult, since the first three are dead.

Tom Baker is convinced they're shuffling off in numerical order and has already bought and set up his headstone. Apparently he takes care of it himself.

And you lot can complain all you want about Rose...but clearly you wouldn't know a human angle on a science-fiction idea if it came up and rendered you unconscious with a nerve pinch.

Here's a hint: the tin stompy monsters were a distraction. The Education of Rose Tyler is the real story.

Timble2 said:
bigphoot1 said:

The Terry Molloy/Davros thing is bollocks, any idiot can post on IMDB and any idiot does. Same mindset that defaces Wiki.

Someone posted Norman Lovett as Davros last season.

Molloy has nothing to do with the new series. He's too busy trying to sell tshirts on his website.

http://www.terrymolloy.co.uk/

Doctor_Occupant said:
Here's a hint: the tin stompy monsters were a distraction. The Education of Rose Tyler is the real story.

Ah :roll: Tsk. Typical. There was me not paying attention again... ;)

Note to self - must care more about Rose Tyler and her Teeth and less about Aliens.....

Ravenstone said:
Ah :roll: Tsk. Typical. There was me not paying attention again... ;)

Note to self - must care more about Rose Tyler and her Teeth and less about Aliens.....

Actually...I tuned in for the Stompy Monsters too. I just noticed the Rose Tyler thing in passing and felt like being contrary.

Killer TVs next week! 8)

Doctor_Occupant said:
Tom Baker is convinced they're shuffling off in numerical order and has already bought and set up his headstone. Apparently he takes care of it himself.
Surely Jon Pertwee died before Patrick Troughton? Quick google - no, I'm completely wrong of course. No, I reckon Tom's got a good few years left in him, all the same. I'm no gambler, but Colin Baker has put on a stupendous amount of weight since leaving the show, and Sylvester McCoy's not looking too healthy either - did anyone see that facial hair in Mayo? Only joking, lads! Even Richard Hurndall didn't survive long after playing the First Doctor in The Five Doctors, so a Ten Doctors type of story could be bad news for any stand-ins.

My best scenario for a reunion: at some point in the future, we could have McGann, Ecclestone and Tennant, with maybe Peter Davison seen from a distance. By pure genius, I've even come up with a name for such a story: "The Four Doctors"!
timble2 said:
The Terry Molloy/Davros thing is bollocks, any idiot can post on IMDB and any idiot does.
Besides, as any fule gno, Michael Wisher is the only true Davros! Funny guy in person, too.

Favourite enemies to return? Draconians and Ogrons! Frontier 2, anyone?

Have to agree. Bye bye Rose - good riddence! Can we get an actress who has some form of vocal training...you know, like be able to act? Oh wait, how non inclusive of me :roll:

I think it's still early enough in the new series not to pass judgement on Rose. I don't mind her at all.

I quite like Rose as a companion. I just find all the Rose-centric plots rather tiresome now. I wonder in what guise her Dad will turn up in next. And when another alien invasion will take place just round the corner from her Mom's flat.

I've enjoyed some of the family stuff; some of the backtracking and paradox stuff, but I just think it's getting too much now.

Perhaps Rose's teeth will be replaced by large white aliens that must be kept moist or the universe will die, hence an excuse for her to lick them at least ten times an episode (so one time more than normal).

Back