• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

BTW - dunno if anyone else has already pointed it out, but i've just heard that the 'Bad Wolf/Torchwood' reference to look out for next year is something to do with a 'VOTE SAXON' poster that was supposedly seen in the Torchwood finale. I missed it, though (not the show, the poster ... anyway I DVD'd it, so I might have a look again.)

ghostdog19 said:
The black Dalek appears in episode 3/4, as yet untitled, in a story set in 30's New York.

Ahhh is this where the Art Deco dalek shows up as well I wonder?

Now why don't they cast Carlyle as the Master.If he told the Doctor he was going to die, you'd believe it!

Told you so...

Sun now running the story that the Master returns. Jacobi plays "the professor" who dies and regenerates as "the Master" who appears in the season finale for season three.

barfing_pumpkin said:
'VOTE SAXON'

The gunner in the tank who fired the shot that took down The Empress of Rancoss ship at the end of the Christmas special shouts "Open Fire. The order came from Saxon himself."

mooks

Moooksta said:
barfing_pumpkin said:
'VOTE SAXON'

The gunner in the tank who fired the shot that took down The Empress of Rancoss ship at the end of the Christmas special shouts "Open Fire. The order came from Saxon himself."

mooks

Do you think it could be Steve Coogan? Saxondale? :lol:

gncxx said:
Could it be Saxon the heavy metal band?

As I understand it, Saxon is the politician who replaced Harriet Jones after The Christmas Invasion. The first 'Saxon' reference is in S2 'Love and Monsters' where he gets a headline in the newspaper that Victor Kennedy is reading. The name shows up in Torchwood, and in The Runaway Bride.

Speculation is rife that Saxon is, in fact, The Master. My sources tell me that Saxon will turn out to be The Rani - either in heavy disguise or controlling Saxon by proxy - and in the later case will be played by Byf Byfford in drag.

FYI, and despite what Doctor Who Magazine says, the new series starts on March 31st :eek:

The was an interview with John Simm (Life on Mars) either in the Times or the Independent, where it mentioned that he was playing the Master in the next series...probably just another rumor

I heard it was Derek Jacobi playing the Master. More rumours, although he did play him in that Internet version of DW, where he was stuck in the Tardis for the duration of the story. And an android.

Timble2 said:
The was an interview with John Simm (Life on Mars) either in the Times or the Independent, where it mentioned that he was playing the Master in the next series...probably just another rumor

It was the Independent On Sunday...

He'd like to do some comedy "in warm weather - preferably on a beach. I always seem to be doing drama in horrible brick locations." And for years he's been dying to play a proper villain or a serial killer. The problem is Simm still looks 35 going on 15, but finally he's got the chance: he's just been cast in Dr Who - as the Master, the Doctor's evil nemesis. He'll be quite brilliant, of course, but heaven knows how he'll cope with a whole new horde of obsessive Tardis fans.

Link

And the deal looks pretty well done and dusted.

I'm not seeing him in the role. Can he do urbane villainy? Can you imagine him with his fingers steepled purring, "Doctor! So we meet again! It must be fate!" through his goatee?

maybe they'll reimagine him... it always was funny that the doctor looked different with every regeneration, whereas the master always ended up looking like roger delgado again (apart from in the deadly assassin...)

Wouldn't it be weird if ... if John Simm discovered, at the end of 'Life on Mars' that he was a time-travelling intergalactic villain who had lost his memory or something, and ... and ...

Forgive me. It has been a trying week.

Now it's supposed to be Michael Sheen who's the Master. Or the next Doctor, depending on who you believe.

Wouldn't it be weird if ... if John Simm discovered, at the end of 'Life on Mars' that he was a time-travelling intergalactic villain who had lost his memory or something, and ... and ...

Forgive me. It has been a trying week.

Was that just a rumour started by the lads from Life on Mars that appeared on Soccer AM last week. When they were asked by Helen where John Sim was one of the life on Mars lads said that he was in Cardiff filming something and he mentioned the master. I know he was taking the piss but you can see how things like that might start rumours.

Thought I spotted a Sontaran in the first trailer, but having seen the second one, I'm not sure - there was a Sontaran-like alien in that too, but it seemed to have antennae. Either way, I'll be watching!

Always nice to see Daleks back, of course, but what about some of the other great monsters? Ice Warriors, anyone? Properly scary Sea Devils (preferably without the string vests!)? Robot Yeti? Ooh, the possibilities!

Has anyone else won tickets for the Dr.Who launch party on March 31st (basically, a fan event at a swanky pub in London with video screens wall-to-wall etc.) ?

Peripart said:
Thought I spotted a Sontaran in the first trailer, but having seen the second one, I'm not sure - there was a Sontaran-like alien in that too, but it seemed to have antennae. Either way, I'll be watching!

Jadoon from epsiode 1 - more a rhinoceros type of thing, but with their armour on they do look like Sontarans.

Gordon

From here.

SPOILERS from the BBC be warned!!

And there will be plenty of new monsters, including the witch-like Carrionites and the return of the Daleks.

Tennant did let slip that a monster from the 1960s Patrick Troughton era of Doctor Who would also be making a comeback.

But Russell T Davies wasn't giving anything way.

"It's not the yeti - that's all I'm telling you!" he said.

OOoooooo let's have a sweepstake! I choose the Macra, crab creatures!!

mooks out

Ice Warriors are a possibility. They've already been referenced in The Christmas Invasion.

Gotta love the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

Back