• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Doctor Who [Spoilers]

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Red__Dalek said:
Hope this isn't repeating another post as I've not read all the threads since coming back, but...

Billis Manger is an anagram of "Elmira sibling". Elmira is in New York, that's where the Dalek story is set...
It's also interestingly close to "arse eater" in several European languages. ;)

Or, "bile eater".
Or, "bum biter"... :confused:

HA! Tonight's epiosde was just tops for me!!

Encore, author!!!

And we all know the Doc foiled them again when they attempted the same plan in Salem!

Freema good, script cracking, soundtrack emotional!

m

Yesterdays episode ratings
Top ten by audience
1 …. 6.8 (35.8%) …. Doctor Who (19:00) BBC1
2 …. 6.0 (28.4%) …. Casualty (21:00) BBC1
3 …. 5.9 (29.8%) …. Any Dream Will Do (19:45) BBC1
4 …. 5.5 (26.7%) …. The National Lottery People's Quiz (20:45) BBC1
5 …. 4.9 (24.6%) …. BBC News; Weather (22:00) BBC1
6 …. 4.1 (21.1%) …. Vernon Kay's Gameshow Marathon (19:30) ITV
7 …. 4.1 (19.4%) …. Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (20:30) ITV
8 …. 4.0 (26.2%) …. Grease Is the Word (18:00) ITV
9 …. 3.9 (20.4%) …. Harry Hill's TV Burp (19:00) ITV
10 … 3.1 (20.3%) …. Match of the Day (22:15) BBC1

Top ten by share

1 …. 6.8 (35.8%) …. Doctor Who (19:00) BBC1
2 …. 5.9 (29.8%) …. Any Dream Will Do (19:45) BBC1
3 …. 0.9 (28.5%) …. Breakfast (06:00) BBC1
4 …. 6.0 (28.4%) …. Casualty (21:00) BBC1
5 …. 2.6 (26.8%) …. The Boat Race 2007 (15:30) ITV
6 …. 5.5 (26.7%) …. The National Lottery People's Quiz (20:45) BBC1
7 …. 4.0 (26.2%) …. Grease Is the Word (18:00) ITV
8 …. 4.9 (24.6%) …. BBC News; Weather (22:00) BBC1
9 …. 3.0 (23.3%) …. New You've Been Framed! (17:30) ITV
10 … 1.1 (22.7%) …. Saturday Kitchen (10:00) BBC1

Gordon

Shakespeare: To be or not to be? Hmm..

Doctor: You should write that down.

Shakespeare: Hmm too pretentious...

The bit with the two of them lying on top of the bed was well hot. "Miss Jones" is the first truly sexed up, sexy, travelling companion that the Doctor has ever had. Real and genuine, style, flirting behaviour was witnessed.

Back in the 60's - 80's most of the companions were kids by proxy, or intellectual blue stockings. Even Rose was a little girl in search of her father. Martha is a whole other ball of wax.

My kids also appreciated the JK Rowling references, greatly. :)

The Doctor seems to have a thing about making enemies of Queens.

DrPLee said:
Didn't the ratings peak at 8.1 million in the last 15 minutes?

Not quite

19:00 .. 5.9 (32.6%)
19:15 .. 6.9 (36.1%)
19:30 .. 7.6 (38.3%)

the figures I quoted are the average.

Mind these viewing figures are without timeshift and repeats taken into account.

Gordon

TheQuixote said:

Does this mean she'll be back later on? Or later, erm, before?

gncxx said:
TheQuixote said:

Does this mean she'll be back later on? Or later, erm, before?

Doesn't mean we will see that story however. For example the Dr has met Shakespeare before although we have never seen it (Mentioned in The City of Death).

Gordon

Too bad that Jack wasn't with them that episode. Would have been interesting with that name stuff. We'd either have gotten his real name or see something like: "I hereby ban thee into darkness, Jack Harness" and him saying "Er, well, that's not actually my name"

On a strictly non-related sidenote, I finally got "exterminate" set as a phoneringtone. Now I'm waiting for somebody to text me. :oops:

alytha said:
Too bad that Jack wasn't with them that episode. Would have been interesting with that name stuff. We'd either have gotten his real name or see something like: "I hereby ban thee into darkness, Jack Harness" and him saying "Er, well, that's not actually my name"

:

According to Wiki and a BBC interview - The name came from the MArvel Comics character Agatha Harkness - any Kirby/Lee FF reference is fine by me -

-

Went to the Globe theatre today. They have one of the witch costumes on display. I didn't dare to ask why the Globe has 14 sides though. And I didn't count them either. But I am now the owner of a small black remote-controlled dalek :)

(And a small killer rabbit from Monty Python, but that's a different story)

alytha said:
Went to the Globe theatre today.
I didn't dare to ask why the Globe has 14 sides though.
Perhaps because it's nearly a round pound, and a pound is two fifty p's?

Coat! (Or Tardis!)

Moooksta said:
I choose the Macra, crab creatures!!

Hurrah, I win.

First prize is the Target novelisation of Doctor Who and the Loch Ness Monster!

Hurrah!!

(In the original Troughton weren't the Macra smaller?)

mooks (worth the license fee) oot

Moooksta said:
(In the original Troughton weren't the Macra smaller?)

Yes, but the Doctor did say they'd devolved , presumabley getting bigger but dumber.

Laughed at the fact that the offspring of Brannigan (cat person) and his partner were actual kittens.

The timelords, or at least the Master are definitely on their way back otherwise there wouldn't have be so much about them since the Runaway Bride onwards....

The burnt orange sky is referencing Susan's description of her and the Doctor's homeworld, when it didn't have a name and before we knew about the Timelords.

ratings of 8 million - highest rated show of the day - again. Nearly 2 million more than the footballl before it.

Gordon

Let's hope the general exuberance keeps up.

I like the way they've settled down to using the teaser trailer for the following weeks show, as a replacement for the old cliffhanger ending.

Works v. well. :)

Welll I've been pretty indifferent to a lot of the series so far but that was a very entertaining self contained episode.

And that female cat creature had a loverly voice..... :oops:

-

Wouldn't it be a surprise if the Meddling Monk was on his way back?

Wasn't the Doctor angry last night? Liked the small sets, it made for a visually interesting change and the makeup was great.

Anyway, dodgy Carry On Cowboy accents ahoy next week!

When Man U scored the second goal, I was cheering. Not because I wanted them to win, but just because I didn't want it to be a draw!

I love the cat make-up. And I'm quite prepared to gloss over the possibility of cross species breeding :lol: I thought I could quite happily marry a cat, but then I remembered why lady-cats scream :shock:

According to Confidential, the Face is right and so is the Doctor. So I suppose it must be that the Master has survived in some form, but not necessarily as an actual physical form.

Talking of animals - we had Rhinos last week, cats this week and pigs next week, Is it ljust ike the recycled ideas (Zombles) from the first series?

-

When I was young (pre-puberty) I had a very impressive (erotic?) dream of dancing around a fire with a cat-woman with green fur.

Make of that what you will......

Back