• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

ESP / Remote Viewing / Telepathy Experiment

mah_magic

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
In the interests of a bit of fun, I've just placed an item in a brown A4 envelope on my desk.

Have a guess whats in it.

I'll let you know if your right.

I'm getting a key, small and flat, but also a piece of paper with an image on it - not sure what. Very possibly a photo, but thats prob just a schema I have of what goes into A4 brown envelopes when people are asked to guess what is inside....damn pop culture view of parapsychological experiments!!!

The fact that it's a brown envelope resonates with certain recent experiences for me... :shock:

So what's in it?

Clearly not a pair of boots, or a PC. Probably something flat(tish).

I know! It's a feather! A duck feather, to be precise.

Erm, is there a prize?

When I read the thread I had a sudden thought about cheese - not too unusual though. This was rapidly replaced with a thought of ham.

As I'm not very hungry I'll go with ham although you shouldn't really be storing pork-related meat products in a brown envelope.

I got the immediate impression, when I read the original post, of a photograph of someone's wife, possibly the poster's, wearing a hat. Nothing else, just a hat.

AndroMan said:
I got the immediate impression, when I read the original post, of a photograph of someone's wife, possibly the poster's, wearing a hat. Nothing else, just a hat.
Erm, could you email a copy of that impression?

:oops:

a medallion or coin of some sort, the head or face of someone famous.

The item is still in the envelope, on my desk. There has been one very close guess. I'll post answer at 8pm.

Rynner: No prize, but i would have put a pic of my wife in a hat in the envelope for you to try to get an impression of if you where right. which your not. way off.

Keep guessing. :?:

gridban said:
a photo of your dog

Thats uncanny, how do you know i have a dog (freaky if you'd specified the right breed). Wrong though.

A rabbit - hopefully a small toy one or a picture of one and not a real one.

Emperor: you have a theme appearing here, rabbit, cheese and ham. And you say your not hungry.

It's gotta be something to do with ducks this time! :D

Although I've just been cooking a curry, and my psychic sense says...

Red Pepper!

I'm thinking it's plastic, and has a specifc use. It can be used for other things but not to any great advantage....

....I'm thinking it's probably stationary (i.e a biro or plastic ruler) of somekind...

P.S. am chuffed and proud :D at how close I was earlier...not to mention surprised :shock:

Hmmm, why does the object have to be in an envelope? Are you afraid some of us will sneak up and look through your windows? :shock:

When I ran a similar experiment a couple of years ago, the target was an image I selected to use as a screensaver. The idea was that this image would frequently be in my view, and, hopefully, my mind, to see if people could somehow tune in to my mind.

As I live on the second floor, no-one is going to look in the windows of Rynner Towers! Although oddly enough I had a weird dream a few nights ago where I did see someone walking past, just below my window! :shock: :shock:

Anyhoo... the current target is...

...something to do with The Number Nine.

(Or another duck... :D )

That's odd, I thought of the number 9 too. Just abstract, but definitely 9.

thought by putting the item in an envelope it would isolate the object from the rest of the clutter on my desk.

poss' more of a clairvoyance / esp test than telepathy or remote viewing.

the number 9 was an interesting guess though. i'll have to think if thats linked to the object directly. definatly an indirect connection.

mah said:
In the interests of a bit of fun, I've just placed an item in a brown A4 envelope on my desk.

Have a guess whats in it.

I'll let you know if your right.

Just reading the thread for the first time and got it right every time (I know its retrospective now :roll: ) perhaps you should steer clear of keys, locks crystal etc because they are very symbolic things which everyone will consider. Try something totally random (first thing you see in the morning / fridge etc instead)

Or shall we team up and take Randi's million :D

Just reading the thread for the first time and got it right every time (I know its retrospective now :roll: ) perhaps you should steer clear of keys, locks crystal etc because they are very symbolic things which everyone will consider. Try something totally random (first thing you see in the morning / fridge etc instead)

Or shall we team up and take Randi's million :D

Good idea, how about guessing for this item aswell, see if you can make it three in a row?

mah said:
Good idea, how about guessing for this item aswell, see if you can make it three in a row?

Har! Har! Har!

But if you pull it off ( a phrase that seems to be floating in the air at present),

you will attract worshippers!

thought by putting the item in an envelope it would isolate the object from the rest of the clutter on my desk.

mah...can I assume that (or at least ask if) the *clutter* includes biros or pens of some kind??

Just asking you know ;)

This new object is something to do with your dog...a chew toy perhaps!!

mah...can I assume that (or at least ask if) the *clutter* includes biros or pens of some kind??

Just asking you know ;)

This new object is something to do with your dog...a chew toy perhaps!!

only when he's a pain, i may throw it at him.

you'd think my desk had pens etc, but i can never find one when i need one....

A slipper comes to mind...

...not to mention an image of your dog running off yelping in surprise at its unexpected meeting with an flying article of footwear... :shock:

...this image now haunts me...don't know why though :?

Back