• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
Mastermind: "My name is Ash and I'm a..." "Idiot?!"

Well, she gave me a laugh, anyway. Nice try, but a bit unlucky with the questions. I recognised her as the elegant lady who was on Only Connect two or three years ago. I got about three answers!

Well, she gave me a laugh, anyway. Nice try, but a bit unlucky with the questions. I recognised her as the elegant lady who was on Only Connect two or three years ago. I got about three answers!
I fell asleep and missed it!

I didn't know the name of the Evil Dead 2 airline and I wrongly answered "Dave Goody" for the last question ... that error was slightly forgivable because Dave Goody also used to feed the cast and crew sometimes (and score them weed and moonshine but you won't find that info in any official fan sources) .. I got more points than our contestant though and I've done a bit of research on her because I'm nosy .. if this is the same woman, she's also ex security for Buckingham Palace! .. if this is the same woman (manager, corporate, full name of contestant Ti Maja-Roebuck, looks just like her

Ti Maja | Answers On (thomsonreuters.com)

facebook_1620439917649_6796617628357860641.jpg

Ash vs Lobo and the DC Dead link at the bottom of that page takes you to one of the best fan films I’ve seen in a while.
Thanks and I mod on that site so I'm responsible for some of it's content.

An in joke prop from the new Evil Dead Rise that's still in production. Only fans will get this.

ahenpizza.jpg

Once upon a time online fans of all things Evil Dead called me the UK's biggest Evil Dead fan ... then Rob McLane turned up on the fan scene and blew us all away with his dedication .

Rob's a pro F/X artist with his own building at Sheperton Film Studios. When he's not building and selling replica chainsaws from all three movies:

https://www.bookofthedead.ws/online_portfolio/website_evildeadchainsaws.html

(I was sworn to secrecy at the time but he was approached to build Bruce Campbell's chainsaws for Ash Vs Evil Dead, made some and sold them, the stunt man and Bruce's hand were too large plus there were copyright issues with the Army Of Darkness saw so they had to be remodelled)

.. and when he's not flying to the states to visit all of the remaining locations used for Evil Dead 1 & 2 then making a DVD of both edited and un edited footage to sell ( he invited me to go with him but I couldn't afford it so he phoned me standing inside the remains of the original cabin .. it was about 3am in England but we were too excited to care .. so I've received a phone call from inside The Evil Dead cabin .. sort of :cool:

https://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_evil_dead_fan_trip_of_a_lifetime.html

.. and when he's not building a replica of the cabin clock through research and multiple screen grabs:

https://www.bookofthedead.ws/website/features_replica_clock_project.html

.. he's learned production anecdotes that could see people taken to court still so I've been sworn to secrecy on those, he's been allowed access to the British Board Of Film Classification office to read their vintage notes and view micro film on stipulations to allow The Evil Dead to be released, he's gathered the internet's largest archive of production photographs from all three films as well as Within The Woods from incredibly obscure sources as well as securing pics that have never been published anywhere else directly from ex crew members and producers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

A while back, Rob decided to 'clean up' The Evil Dead both visually and audibly .. so he did just that, using industry equipment. The working title for The Evil Dead was 'Book Of The Dead' so he replaced the wobbling letters on the screen somehow with exactly the same effect but with the working title instead. He contacted Graham Humphreys, the artist who painted the original UK poster in the early 80's and commissioned him to paint 'The Book Of The Dead' title for Rob's DVD release. Crazy. Then Rob hand built a replica of the wall in Ash's work shed with screen matched props on the shelves just so he could take pictures of it to be used as an interactive navigation page for the discs. So much detail went into this limited edition disc but he sent me one for free! ..

Fast forward to 2021 and he's still not satisfied so he's produced a limited Blu Ray run of his new Book Of The Dead II production along with tons of extremely obscure extras:

https://www.facebook.com/RobsOnlineProjectShowcase

He's just contacted me with the promise of a free copy again! :) I'm happier than a pig in shit because his releases are far superior to anything the big companies officially release, he colour and sound balances to perfection. If anyone wants to, I highly recommend splashing the cash at him to get one of these babies, you also get rare Sam Raimi etc student films, vintage TV spots and interviews etc etc ..

Last edited:
Fast forward to 2021 and he's still not satisfied so he's produced a limited Blu Ray run of his new Book Of The Dead II production along with tons of extremely obscure extras:

https://www.facebook.com/RobsOnlineProjectShowcase

He's just contacted me with the promise of a free copy again! :) I'm happier than a pig in shit because his releases are far superior to anything the big companies officially release, he colour and sound balances to perfection. If anyone wants to, I highly recommend splashing the cash at him to get one of these babies, you also get rare Sam Raimi etc student films, vintage TV spots and interviews etc etc ..
Is this a little like the despecialized Star Wars - going back to how it was projected in the cinema?

Is this a little like the despecialized Star Wars - going back to how it was projected in the cinema?
Yep ,, and a lot more ..

Strap yourself in ...

"Here is what you get for your £39.99 + shipping;

A cover with reversible custom ED1/ED2 laserprinted artwork
5 region free Verbatim BD-R 25GB/SL discs, with disc artwork
Two vintage style Palace Pictures press-kit mini booklets
A 5-way Amaray blue Blu-Ray case, including two swing trays.

"You have five full transfers of The Evil Dead & three of Evil Dead II, seven audio tracks for the main ED1 restoration, twelve interviews & reviews, ten trailers, seven comparison sequences, four BTS/raw footage featurettes, three Super-8 Shorts, two live commentaries, and more! There's material assembled from 35mm Film scans, NTSC/PAL VHS Tapes, BetaCamSP tapes, DigiBeta tapes, Laserdiscs, CDs, Records, VCDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, online archives, online streaming, and even shot myself! The contents of each disc are as follows;

Book Of The Dead - Disc 1
Book Of The Dead Restoration (1983 - 85m 33s)
-> Audio Tr1: 1985 Japanese Herald LD Main Mono, With NR
-> Audio Tr2: 1985 Japanese Herald LD Main Mono, Raw Transfer
-> Audio Tr3: 1998 US Elite LD Master - Music & FX Track
-> Audio Tr4: Isolated Score
-> Audio Tr5: 1999 US Elite R1 DVD Commentary - Bruce
-> Audio Tr6: 1999 US Elite R1 DVD Commentary - Sam & Rob
-> Audio Tr7: 2010 US Anchor Bay Blu-ray Commentary
-> Subs Tr1: English Subtitles
-> Subs Tr2: Trivia Subtitles
Book Of The Dead Trailer (1980 - 3m 36s)
The Evil Dead US Theatrical Open-Matte Trailer (1983 - 2m 14s)
The Evil Dead Japanese Trailer (2003 - 1m 18s)
The Evil Dead Japanese 20th Anniversary Trailer (2003 - 1m 27s)
The Evil Dead - Deleted Scenes (1983 - 11m 01s)
Within The Woods Super-8 Short (1979 - 30m 39s)
Within The Woods Super-8 Short, Restored (1979 - 30m 39s)
-> Audio Tr1: Main Mono, With Noise Reduction
-> Audio Tr2: Isolated Score
-> Subs Tr1: English Subtitles

Book Of The Dead - Disc 2
The Evil Dead - Japanese Herald LD (1985, SF078-5044 - 85m 36s)
The Evil Dead - Greek Video Standard VHS (1985, 161 - 85m 48s)
The Evil Dead - Mexican Videomax VHS (1995, AA2903 - 88m 01s)
The Evil Dead - UK Palace Pre-Cert (1982, PVC2018A - 92m 15s)
PM Magazine Detroit (1981 - 7m 28s)
Belgium News Interview with Sam, Ted, & Tom (1982 - 4m 07s)
Movie Mania (1983 - 22m 56s)
The Fast Track (1983 - 26m 36s)
Tom Sullivan Interview (1983 - 5m 52s)
The Evil Dead on Siskel and Ebert (1983 - 2m 32s)
Another The Evil Dead Review (1983 - 1m 01s)
The Evil Dead - Japanese Herald 40th Ann. Excerpt (1996 - 1m 18s)

Book Of The Dead - Disc 3
The Evil Dead - Raw Footage (2021 - 205m 44s)
Bruce Campbell & ED1 Live (2021 - 106m 13s)
The Evil Dead - BOTD Revisions Comparison (1985 - 1m 50s)
The Evil Dead - BBFC Edits Comparison (1990 - 6m 01s)
The Evil Dead - Elite Ent. To DVD Comparison (1999 - 0m 31s)
The Evil Dead - Blu-Ray To DVD Comparison (2010 - 5m 58s)
Its Murder! Super-8 Short (1978 - 67m 16s)
Clockwork Super-8 Short (1979 - 6m 56s)

Book Of The Dead II - Disc 1
Evil Dead II TV & Theatrical Composite Edit (1987 - 97m 20s)
Evil Dead II - Severely Edited For TV VHS (1990s - 90m 13s)
Evil Dead II - Japanese Shochiku LD (1987, SF078-5254 - 84m 35s)
Evil Dead II Partial Workprint (1987 - 35m 09s)
Vern Hyde's Evil Dead II BTS Camcorder Footage (1986 - 72m 00s)
Evil Dead II Talent Show Camcorder Footage (1986 - 65m 53s)
Evil Dead II US Theatrical Open-Matte Trailer (1987 - 1m 41s)
Evil Dead II French Theatrical Trailer (1987 - 1m 45s)
Evil Dead II UK Censored Open-Matte VHS Trailer (1987 - 1m 13s)
Evil Dead II Palace UK TV Spots (1987 - 0m 39s)
Channel 4s Censored Weekend Evil Dead II Intro (1999 - 2m 20s)
Jason Goes To Hell Workprint Excerpt (1993 - 0m 58s)

Book Of The Dead II - Disc 2
Evil Dead II: Behind The Screams (1998 - 27m 43s)
Bruce Campbell & ED2 Live (2021 - 125m 00s)
The Incredibly Strange Film Show - S1, E5 (1988 - 38m 09s)
In Review, Sam Raimi (1986 - 24m 29s)
Nightmare Theater (1987 - 29m 30s)
In the Spotlight - Scene 2 (1989 - 49m 24s)
This Is Horror, Sam Raimi Excerpt (1990 - 9m 38s)
Evil Dead II BBFC Edits Comparison (1987 - 0m 23s)
Evil Dead II Trailer BBFC Edits Comparison (1987 - 1m 28s)
Evil Dead II - Severely Edited For TV Comparison (1987 - 25m 00s)
The Evil Dead & Evil Dead II: A Location Odyssey (2012 - 49m 00s)

You can read through all the previous updates posted to this project, here;
https://www.facebook.com/RobsOnlineProjectShowcase "

I already own his first release of this, he's used the early 90's art work for the sleeve this time, his first release used the original Palace Pictures artwork ..

abotd001.jpg

He's deliberately made this sleeve look crappy and photocopied amateur ..
abotd003.jpg

He's so into attention to detail, he's even pre rusted the staples holding his vintage feel booklets together and created fold creases in the corner so they look like they've already been read .. that's F/X artist for you ..

abotd2002.jpg

He's coloured the discs white, yellow and red because the labels on the vintage rental Palace VHS cassettes were those colours ..
abotd2005.jpg

abotd006.jpg

abotd2007.jpg

Last edited:
One for the real collectors only.
The rusty staples? Attention to detail.
The only way you can buy it is directly from him, I own originals of some of the releases as do a handful of other collectors so we share and loan to each other because to buy this stuff individually would cost thousands of pounds.

There's some Evil Dead 2 scenes that were only included in one country's release and rarer still, only on that country's Television broadcast .. for example, and extended scene of Linda dancing and chatting with Ash, a funny scene with Ash panic driving to the bridge to escape and pouring breakfast cereal out of the box which causes him to choke on the free gift plastic toy and possessed ash catching a squirrel in the woods and taking a bite out of it. The holy grail is the Mexican only for TV version that has more unique to that cut only scenes ... we're all trying to find that bad boy ... also the 'NOT GUILTY!' Palace Pictures The Evil Dead VHS, it has that written on a silver printed band with black letters on was brought out because Palace were celebrating the film not being banned for being a 'video nasty' ... find either of those and Rob would reward you handsomely.

My copy of this above 5 disk set has just been delivered and it's over whelming! .. over 30 hours of video material alone plus static stills etc. I don't know where to start. :)

Evil Dead - The Game is getting a May the 13th release ..

This'll be the fifth official Evil dead game since the first early 80's Commodore 64 game (not including at least two cell phone games). This game see's you able to play characters from both the original film trilogy as well as characters from the Ash Vs Evil Dead TV show.

aved_ash_edgame_header.jpg

Back