• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I have a mental image/movie of lawyers arguing over whether the deceased, is, indeed, deceased.

I hope and trust Randy/Enola would have taken that in good humour and my fellow forumites will do so too.

Randy?

One can imagine him leaving two contradictory but undated wills and subtle clues around his house as to which was penned later.

I would love to remember him like that Yith, he was a really nice guy, who i thought was a girl, why we got to die, need better meat suits damn it, would any one here accept immortality if it was offered? The good people always die before they should bad people seem to live forever, sorry a rant :glum:

I would love to remember him like that Yith, he was a really nice guy, who i thought was a girl, why we got to die, need better meat suits damn it, would any one here accept immortality if it was offered? The good people always die before they should bad people seem to live forever, sorry a rant :glum:
So, . . . what about the plain ugly ones then?

I received this earlier today.

image0.jpeg

I love the picture in the bottom left, what is in the round bit, looks like a watch?

I love the picture in the bottom left, what is in the round bit, looks like a watch?
His favourite biscuit from the really fancy tea time assorted? The symbol for the real Illuminati/Freemasons/Rotary/Fortean Society?

To restate an earlier request, do we have any member here within visiting-distance of this place?
The Google says I'm 1568 miles away, or a 23.33 hour drive. It would take me right through my old home territory and all those distractions, too. Bummer. I would like to visit, though I seldom visit graves.

I was trying to answer that same question myself.

I thought it was a handle to be turned in order to open; maybe to then place some flowers. :(

Judging from the angles of shadows, it does look like some kind of handle. Either for flowers or to receive some other kind of vessel; maybe to accommodate a cremation urn?

Either that or it's a component of one of those Victorian systems that allowed buried people to signal that they're not quite dead.

safety_coffin.jpg

I'm thinking that it looks like some kind of air vent, presumably to vent... gases...
AFAIK, Randy went for a composting burial, so that would support that idea.
It may, of course, serve some purpose... but has also been given a decorative makeover to dissimulate its practical function.

Randy could have solved this mystery. It often seemed to me that he would be very knowledgeable about anything.*

* Before I joined the forum, I browsed it now and again, and Randy's posts were often mind-blowing to me because of his ready intelligence and his wide-ranging knowledge regarding many subjects. Rest in Peace, Randy.

The Google says I'm 1568 miles away, or a 23.33 hour drive. It would take me right through my old home territory and all those distractions, too. Bummer. I would like to visit, though I seldom visit graves.
It's okay, you'll be visiting yours soon enough...:bpals:

It's a high tech speaker to allow you to communicate from beyond the grave,
quite fitting I think.
I'm 90% sure that's what it is

God bless

Last edited:
Back