• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Flashes Of Light Outside Window

Simon, my intent wasn't to scare you but to tell you what's going on, as you know, many people have experienced this, a certain species takes people this way

I'm sure we have a lot in common as I'm starting to suspect they are collecting dna of specific groups of people

Do you suffer anxiety? Social anxiety? Is your background in IT? If you say yes to all 3, I'll be a bit scared myself as i would know the type they are after...
Well, it’s 2 out of those 3.

I'm sure we have a lot in common as I'm starting to suspect they are collecting dna of specific groups of people

Do you suffer anxiety? Social anxiety? Is your background in IT? If you say yes to all 3, I'll be a bit scared myself as i would know the type they are after...
Just trying to recall if John E. Mack mentions anything about similarities in abductees traits/work/lifestyle etc in his books. I don't think he does, but it was many years ago that I read any of his stuff.

This is interesting.

The other evening, about an hour after it got completely dark, I was looking out a window that had the shade mostly down and saw two flashes on the street about the brightness of the full moon. One lasted about 2 seconds. I couldn't see the sky and no cars came by to suggest it was headlights. My first thought was that it was a meteor/fireball passing over. I looked at the reports (there are websites) and nothing really matched. But it wasn't camera flash bright. Sometimes I think I see flashes at night when my eyes are closed. But that could just be a normal misperception.

This is interesting.

The other evening, about an hour after it got completely dark, I was looking out a window that had the shade mostly down and saw two flashes on the street about the brightness of the full moon. One lasted about 2 seconds. I couldn't see the sky and no cars came by to suggest it was headlights. My first thought was that it was a meteor/fireball passing over. I looked at the reports (there are websites) and nothing really matched. But it wasn't camera flash bright. Sometimes I think I see flashes at night when my eyes are closed. But that could just be a normal misperception.
Are you in Britain? Respectfully, I do have to say that random bright lights in the sky are exceptionally common at this time of year. Usually accompanied by noise - although I've noted if they're far enough away and if they're viewed through double glazing, the noise element could be very greatly diminished, especially if wind and rain are happening.

EDIT - sorry, I've just read "Pennsylvania USA". But over here - fireworks season - I've seen a few odd things over the last few nights. People have still been setting off fireworks and have not been deterred by strong winds and rain, for instance. And they are that much more powerful, so ones being set off as part of the organised display in a public park three quarters of a mile away would still have the moon-bright light and two-or-three second duration you describe; at the same time, the wind and background noise of light-to-moderate rain could dampen the noise.

Last edited:
There are multiple bright lights in the scene of the same relative color and brightness, as illustrated in the wider-angle shots.

The light visible through the fork in the tree (circled above) is in the distance relative to the other similar lights in the scene. Here's why that seems to be the case ...

The two frames you posted illustrate how it fades in brightness (and diminishes in the glare it causes in the camera optics) at the time of the power cut. If you step through the video frame-by-frame this fade-out is perceptible in the tree-fork-light before the other (closer) lights also start to fade.

If you continue to step through the sequence frame-by-frame you can see the tree-fork-light finally fade to its last visible point a couple of frames before the other / nearer lights wink out altogether.

As the tree-fork-light fades down to a final point source it becomes evident this light is located beyond the tree, ruling out the interpretation of this particular light as an orb (-ish thing ...) in mid-air between the tree and the camera.

What is the physical / ground location of the tree-fork-light? I can't convince myself it might be as close as the roofline of the building(s) on the other side of the parking lot. It seems to be farther away - somewhere on the other side of those buildings.

I was just about done here, but I can't sit back and ignore someone who has put effort into this...

I believe we see the light go out in the middle because the light source is located is seen a block a way, and their block went out before our block did as if something came in low and close

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220615-140427_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220615-140427_Maps.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220603_212532 (1).jpg
    20220603_212532 (1).jpg
    995.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220420_105252.jpg
    20220420_105252.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 35
So at 08 the craft comes over (middle image) knocks out the power and starts the beam and it unfortunately we don't see it

But the 3rd image in the right, that's at 15s now the only thing with power is the camera and my light on battery backup

Notice how the light source appears in the same identical location, Sam's leaves same damn trajectory as we see on the 15th second only this time we see all of the beam, it stops outside bedroom window I know this because I did a bit of investigating myself..

Attachments

• 2022-08-26_20.05.38.jpg
    2022-08-26_20.05.38.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 28

Here is an hour later when they switch the power back on, there is a point in the video where they leave all the lights off in the driveway (no control over that only my home power)

And one point we see just the power to the home nothing more and we see an outside light lighting up the front path..

So I took a still image and compared the light we finally see hit the ground and the light top of my bedroom window

And guess what, the shadows match perfectly, the strongest light source was my bedroom window just like everyone else who see it..

Also... see how the light in the middle is on? That's because the block in front got their power back before we did!

This is interesting.

One of those flashes partially woke me last night, just like yours - i.e., from eyes being shut. Believe it was very high lightning flashes without the thunder.

Slow motion ..
I find the sources of light are quite interesting. . .
#A (initial light source)
Screenshot (A).png

#B (during the darker interval)

Screenshot (B).png

#C (when lights come back on - compare with #A and you should notice that
the source of the angle of light has altered)

Screenshot (C).png

I find the sources of light are quite interesting. . .
#A (initial light source)
View attachment 60589
#B (during the darker interval)

View attachment 60590
#C (when lights come back on - compare with #A and you should notice that
the source of the angle of light has altered)

View attachment 60591
All these images are light sources on the estate each source can be pin pointed, nothing special here...

But no matter which light source you see none match up with that beam of light we see

Where did the time go? Why is the 10th second not completely dark? By the start if the 8th second the power drops out, even a second later it's half dark so why not fully dark on the 10th?

The camera if power loss occurs will reset and calibrate itself for 20 seconds and it would stop recording

Attachments

• 2022-08-18_21.24.22.jpg
    2022-08-18_21.24.22.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 14

Where did the time go? Why is the 10th second not completely dark? By the start if the 8th second the power drops out, even a second later it's half dark so why not fully dark on the 10th?

The camera if power loss occurs will reset and calibrate itself for 20 seconds and it would stop recording
All I can see is that all the bright views (spots) of light are fixed points of light, to me it appears to be just bright glinting reflections (not 'orbs' of light or anything like that, as there is no movement). Also, there is a difference in the light sources between #A, #C in the angles which suggests that the light is from a moving/or different source of light.
*Only saying and illustrating what I can see within your video!

Last edited:
All I can see is that all the bright views (spots) of light are fixed points of light, to me it appears to be just bright glinting reflections (not 'orbs' of light or anything like that, as there is no movement). Also, there is a difference in the light sources between #A, #C in the angles which suggests that the light is from a moving/or different source of light.
*Only saying and illustrating what I can see within your video!
And your theory takes out the power of multiple homes? It makes a strange sound, 2 flashes of light in the same identical location?

You must believe in a lot of co incidences to accept that

Sometimes I think I see flashes at night when my eyes are closed. But that could just be a normal misperception.
Or it could be an eye problem. I get lighthouse-like flashes sometimes when I close my eyes, and the In-House GP packed me off to my own GP on learning this as it can be a sign of a detaching retina. It wasn't on that occasion...

I would guess some weather phenomenon in the sky.
Yeah a uap ..

Show me lightining or weather light striking the tree (twice in the same identical location) causing a power outage and that sound...

Stop guessing and investigate, no such thing as a random light in the sky that takes the power out

Last edited:
Yeah a uap ..

Show me lightining or weather light striking the tree (twice in the same identical location) causing a power outage and that sound...

Stop guessing and investigate, no such thing as a random light in the sky that takes the power out

If I guessed and came up with what you say happened, would that count as investigation? :)

Or it could be an eye problem. I get lighthouse-like flashes sometimes when I close my eyes, and the In-House GP packed me off to my own GP on learning this as it can be a sign of a detaching retina. It wasn't on that occasion...
Maybe you have 'exploding head syndrome'? You may be relaxing with your eyes closed, just about to drift off, when out of the silence you hear a sudden noise (e.g. a sharp crack). This must fire off all your senses and makes you 'see' a sudden flash of light.
This happens to me.

No, because it really was a few flashes of lightning high up in the atmosphere (sheet lightning flashes) that night.

And your theory takes out the power of multiple homes? It makes a strange sound, 2 flashes of light in the same identical location?

You must believe in a lot of co incidences to accept that
I'm not giving you a theory 'cjdelph,' as I've already stated I'm just laying out exactly what I see in your video - not what I imagine might be the cause of whatever it was that happened in your front garden. There could be lots of reasons for the black-out, and flashes of light that happened, it's anyone's guess what actually happened.
Following the sequence in your video it seems that the light in the tree branch is the first bright light, then power cuts out and another exceedingly bright light comes onto the scene at 0:51/1:00 whilst also noting that the whole of the sky (in the background above the house) also illuminates which is also added to by another source of light at 0:54/1:00, which appears to come from the right-hand side of the camera, and partly diminishes in its intensity.
Thats what I see and take note of.
The very fact that whatever had caused the illuminations of that area which seem very intense and extremely bright
suggests to me it might well be some kind of unusual (and unknown, as yet) airborne source of light.

Last edited:
I'm not giving you a theory 'cjdelph,' as I've already stated I'm just laying out exactly what I see in your video - not what I imagine might be the cause of whatever it was that happened in your front garden. There could be lots of reasons for the black-out, and flashes of light that happened, it's anyone's guess what actually happened.
Following the sequence in your video it seems that the light in the tree branch is the first bright light, then power cuts out and another exceedingly bright light comes onto the scene at 0:51/1:00 whilst also noting that the whole of the sky (in the background above the house) also illuminates which is also added to by another source of light at 0:54/1:00, which appears to come from the right-hand side of the camera, and partly diminishes in its intensity.
Thats what I see and take note of.
The very fact that whatever had caused the illuminations of that area which seem very intense and extremely bright
suggests to me it might well be some kind of unusual (and unknown, as yet) airborne source of light.
Why don't you ask the OP to see if he agrees with you or me over this one....

Erm. . . sorry - you've lost me there 'cjdelphi,' as "OP" doesn't mean anything to me. Beyond which I would like to state that I only write what I AM thinking, so why would I seek to ask someone else to agree with my own thoughts?

Erm. . . sorry - you've lost me there 'cjdelphi,' as "OP" doesn't mean anything to me. ...

"OP" = "original poster" - the person who posted the first item in a thread or line of discussion (i.e., the person who initiated the thread or line of discussion). SimonB is the OP in this thread.

"OP" = "original poster" - the person who posted the first item in a thread or line of discussion (i.e., the person who initiated the thread or line of discussion). SimonB is the OP in this thread.
Thank you for explaining that 'EnolaGaia.'

I can't (and more-to-the-point, wouldn't) add any conclusion to either version as that would be stupid without anything to go on - as the same thing happened to me not long ago, for which I gave an account on this forum, I had no factual reason for that occurrence either - other than to suggest that it could have possibly been from car headlight beams, or some kind of airborne flash from some kind of atmospheric light.

Last edited:
I can't (and more-to-the-point, wouldn't) add any conclusion to either version as that would be stupid without anything to go on - as the same thing happened to me not long ago, for which I gave an account on this forum, I had no factual reason for that occurrence either - other than to suggest that it could have possibly been from car headlight beams, or some kind of airborne flash from some kind of atmospheric light.
'Some atmospheric light"

Is not what happens...

That is what happens, the light happens twice in the same location with and without power

Again, what you experienced is not what the OP or I experienced

That's a bit of a leap, to be honest. Whilst not seeking to denigrate your own experience you can't automatically conclude that exactly the same has happened to another. By all means present it for consideration but please don't foist your hypothesis on others as conclusive.
It's only a bit of a leap if you have no knowledge about what is going on out there

When a complete stranger asks 2 very unusual questions and it's a yes to both, along with a video evidence, a leap, no..

It happens, I can see you are afraid that's not my issue.
At risk of repeating myself, several people have suggested equally or more viable hypotheses based on their own observations to explain their own experiences. Whilst it's fine for you to dismiss these alternatives in relation to your own experience, you can't insist that they accept your explanation as superior in relation to theirs.

My suspicion is that once again there are multiple explanations that manifest similarly.

@cjdelphi Just wondering;

Why would aliens decide to abduct you?

A linguist, or say a nurse or roofer I can understand- very useful people to them. But what information do you have that they would want?

There are 4,697 people on this forum alone, (asides from you and me) of whom I'm sure they would glean far more important 'information' from - (unless they want superior knowledge about Led Zeppelin or Mötley Crüe) - than you or I could ever give them.

I've got to ask; did you wake up with a sore arse perchance?

Back