• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Fortean Headlines

Baby boy tossed from home by Tennessee tornado found alive in fallen tree​

A four-month-old boy has survived after a tornado in Tennessee sucked him up from his family's mobile home, which was demolished in the storm.

Sydney Moore told WSMV-TV that when the tornado hit their home in Clarksville on Saturday, it ripped off the roof and lifted the bassinet with her son Lord inside.

Her boyfriend, the child’s father, tried to grab the bassinet but was spun up into the tornado as well, Ms Moore said.

"He was just holding on to the bassinet the whole time, and they went into circles, he said, and then they got thrown," Ms Moore said.

At about the same time in another room, as the wind howled, Ms Moore decided to jump on top of their other son Princeton, who is one.

She grabbed the child as the walls collapsed, she said.

Ms Moore and the one-year-old were crushed under the trailer, but she said she managed to push them out.

They searched for the younger son for ten minutes, and ultimately found him lying in a fallen tree in the pouring rain.

"I was pretty sure he was dead and we weren’t going to find him," Ms Moore said.

"But he’s here, and that’s by the grace of God."

All the family members survived with cuts and bruises, but their home and belongings were a total loss.

Via RTE News

The kid's named LORD??

That's just too appropriate. Maybe Ghod was looking after his lil' bro.

Request to regular posters

The Fortean Headlines thread (in the Fortean News sub-forum) is properly intended only for headlines—almost invariably those that may be read as referring to bizarre events but actually turn out to be comparatively mundane.

Please do not post long extracts or full-article texts there (perhaps just a three-line 'reveal').

This is not a general thread for quirky news articles per se.

If you have a genuinely Fortean news story, please present it in its own thread in the Fortean News sub-forum with a full preview.

As ever, if in doubt, post away and one of us will do our best to arrange things nicely. It's just that there's a lot to do and many staff have off-board commitments of late.

OMG, poor Tracey. She's had so much surgery on her bowels already...
Which is part of the reason for her recent incident. Scar tissue and numerous surgeries wreak havoc on your body despite the fact that they are expected results when dealing with serious health problems.

She is lucky.

Last edited:
Alex Batty who disappeared in Spain six years ago
Poor kid! I'm glad he got back to his grandmother, but to think of him having to walk four days alone, at this time of year, in the mountains, after six years of being dragged around by people who are supposed to love you. He must have been so exhausted. What a valiant child.

He must have been so exhausted. What a valiant child.
Yes determinded and self reliant!
after six years of being dragged around by people who are supposed to love
That may not be quite what happened, unless more has come out since I read about it I'm inclined to reserve judgement about the value of his experience over the last few years. It may have been really unpleasant but equally it could have been really good fun and invaluable in learning life skills.

The sexy attractive one :D

giphy.gif

maximus otter

Or the one who might have a bit of dignity and enough money to turn it down. Let's face it - on Strictly ... there's always the 'elderly' celebrity entrant. It runs to a predictable format like Come Dine With Me that has the unfunny clown - the snob - the arrogant - the quiet one pattern.

Or the one who might have a bit of dignity and enough money to turn it down. Let's face it - on Strictly ... there's always the 'elderly' celebrity entrant. It runs to a predictable format like Come Dine With Me that has the unfunny clown - the snob - the arrogant - the quiet one pattern.
Alas ~
'. . . Age, with his stealing steps,
Hath clawed me in his clutch.'

Here was l thinking that you meant one-hit wonder and shareholder in Oil of Olay, BC the physicist:

440px-Professor_Brian_Cox_OBE_FRS_%28cropped%29.jpg

maximus otter
"Ah!! You mean the 'Brian Cox' who tinkled with his D:ream Team, then after a few years moved onwards and upwards ~ eventually becoming the 'Fizzy- Professor.' :nods:

BBC news story

Darien Harris freed from prison after trial's key witness was found to be blind​

"Justice is supposed to be blind. The eyewitness is not supposed to be blind," Mr Harris' lawyer Lauren Myerscough-Mueller said. "That is not how the justice system is supposed to work."
Unbelievable.
So why didn't the authorities who brought the witness in to view the line-up, say hang on a minute, this guy is about as much use to us as a chocolate fireguard?
And then another four years to free the guy after it became public knowledge?

BBC news story

Darien Harris freed from prison after trial's key witness was found to be blind​

"Justice is supposed to be blind. The eyewitness is not supposed to be blind," Mr Harris' lawyer Lauren Myerscough-Mueller said. "That is not how the justice system is supposed to work."
How can the justice be thought to be blind, when justice must also carry and wield the sword?

Back