Fortean Headlines

AlienView

"Stargate Explorer"
I read the article - But I'm kind of going to believe the kids story.
Why? Seems to me there have been countless documented cases of different species of animals raising
offspring of other species - And a 3 year old might be both interesting and non-threatening to a bear.

Also, since the kid had not yet developed the natural fear response that an adult would have the bear
would sense this - Animals will often attack in the jungle when they sense fear - the kid acting curious
and seeing the bear as friend, even like a teddy bear, might have actually made a friend out of the
bear - In which case he was well protected by the bear.

Maybe one day when the kid is little older he could be hypnotized and, in the same way they hypnotize
so called 'alien abductees' to see what happened, we could find out what the kid really remembers.

I believe the bear story.

And in the meantime they could, if they still have them in original condition, could take the kids clothes
and analyze them for any sign of bear hair or DNA.

AlienView

"Stargate Explorer"
Now that would ironic.
Since Sasquatch has never been proven to exist - And yet numerous sightings have been reported

And since bears come in many shapes sizes and can stand upright on hind legs
- Possibly your so called sasquatch is a bear - behaving in a manner that makes it seem Human?

AlchoPwn

Public Service is my Motto.

Bad Bungle

Dingo took my tray bake.
Not sure this is the best thread to post to but:
Harry Price (of Borley Rectory fame) amassed a "Magical Library" of around 13,000 volumes on magic, parapsychology, witchcraft, psychical research and the like, which were bequeathed in 1948 to the UCL Senate House Library (Camden New Journal yesterday). Price was also an amateur Magician and Senate House has taken about 80 items to form the basis of a new Exhibition 'Staging Magic: The Story behind the Illusion' The exhibits include a first edition of Reginald Scott's The Discoverie of Witchcraft (1584), the first printed book in English to describe a magic trick; as well as the 1634 edition of Hocus Pocus Junior: The Anatomie of Legerdemain (sleight of hand). This last book set the formula for conjuring manuals over the next 250 years (including the rabbit-from-a-top-hat trick believed to be first performed by the 19th Century magician John Henry Anderson).
Anyway, Senate House Library WC1E 7HU until June 15 admission free. If I ever get a lunch-break I'll go and report back on its worthiness.