Ghost Hunters On YouTube Faking It

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
I think we can use this thread for Youtubers known for faking paranormal videos.

Franko TV is the first one. He was a likeable person making interesting videos, but he has been found to fake it once in a while.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Reaction score
Good idea for a thread! :twothumbs:

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
Good thing there isn't one of these for UFO videos as well. Or cryptids/Bigfoot. By default, I assume any of these are faked because of the monetization of youtube.

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
Another is Hasan Bar Bar, one of those Arabic door kicking bismillah screaming jinn hunters, revealed as fake in this video.

PeteS

Seeking refuge
Reaction score
This is the problem when you introduce money in to the equation, people will lie, cheat and scam to get their hands on the filthy moolah
Yesterday browsing YouTube I noticed someone in the States talking about YT income. He regularly gets 30k views on his videos which earns him about $500 each. It's a complicated calculation I know, but I do wonder what the income is from those who get tens of millions of views.

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
I think we can use this thread for Youtubers known for faking paranormal videos.

Franko TV is the first one. He was a likeable person making interesting videos, but he has been found to fake it once in a while.

Rookie error in that Eldridge Hotel video (although not necessarily deliberate), he's got his K2 EMF meter on the bed with his phone right next to it. If he hasn't taken his phone of flight mode, that can and does interfere with EMF meters. I didn't watch the rest of that video.

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
Rookie error in that Eldridge Hotel video (although not necessarily deliberate), he's got his K2 EMF meter on the bed with his phone right next to it. If he hasn't taken his phone of flight mode, that can and does interfere with EMF meters. I didn't watch the rest of that video.
He's talking about Franko TV from 05:52 and forward.

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Not YouTube but Hayley Steven’s is the guest on the latest
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/some-other-sphere/id1459984683?i=1000538425166
She tells of a couple of hoaxes from her early days of ghost hunting, including catching the landlord of a supposed haunted pub “bang to rights” smashing glasses. He had hoped the publicity from Hayley’s band of marauding ghost hunters would attract Most Haunted and improve the business.

Naughty_Felid

kneesy earsy nosey
Reaction score
Not YouTube but Hayley Steven’s is the guest on the latest
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/some-other-sphere/id1459984683?i=1000538425166
She tells of a couple of hoaxes from her early days of ghost hunting, including catching the landlord of a supposed haunted pub “bang to rights” smashing glasses. He had hoped the publicity from Hayley’s band of marauding ghost hunters would attract Most Haunted and improve the business.

The tragedy is I've known a few landlords who do this usually because they are pissed-up and not thinking about ghost hunting.