• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I just watched 'Rogue', apologies if I'm behind the times and thought it rather good. Nothing startlingly original, but it's nicely done, beautifully shot and managed to avoid the worst cliches.

I just watched 'Rogue', apologies if I'm behind the times and thought it rather good. Nothing startlingly original, but it's nicely done, beautifully shot and managed to avoid the worst cliches.

Yeah, Rogue's not bad at all, one of the better killer croc movies. Don't get it mixed up with Rouge, that's a different horror movie. Well, there's a ghost in it.

June: A Devil Child or The Devil in female form, or just possessed of Psychic Powers? A mother and father, members of a Satanist Cult, hand over their baby daughter June to the Cult for a Summoning, In the midst of the Ritual the mother slits the throat of the Satanist Priestess, but it seems to be too late.

Sent from one foster home to another, June reacts badly to maltreatment. Elictriciry cuts off, wild winds come from nowhere, Poltergeist style activity ensues , A social worker seems to understand June's predicament and places her with a better family. But he seems to report to a mysterious supervisor, always over the phone.

June blames an invisible friend/spirit called Aer for the strange occurrences..

Shades of Carrie and The Omen, Polteregeist but a watchable Horror Film in its own right. 6/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3379814/

I watched "The Babadook" last night. Enjoyed it very much. Excellent acting, interesting and original directing. Lots to think about after the curtain had closed. Good film, recommend it.
The industry seems to be being harder on this film than the fans and critics ... I keep hearing great things about it but the studio's promotional office/team probably need firing over this dropped ball ? ...

Yeah no idea mate...I don't really pay the media any attention...don't know about any backstory. I just happen to read Kermode's blog one day, and the dude knows his onions. He loves it so I thought I would...and I did.

Scary as f*ck. But also a lot to think about after. Lots of questions.

Yeah no idea mate...I don't really pay the media any attention...don't know about any backstory. I just happen to read Kermode's blog one day, and the dude knows his onions. He loves it so I thought I would...and I did.

Scary as f*ck. But also a lot to think about after. Lots of questions.

I'm still mulling it over a year after seeing it.

Cooties: I'm a bit uneasy about films depicting little kids getting killed, even if they are zombies, but this had some good laughs (it's a horror comedy) in among the gore, and if you're a teacher this is a film that's absolutely on your side. Elijah Wood has become quite the horror star, never saw him as the next Vincent Price but here we are.

I watched "The Babadook" last night. Enjoyed it very much. Excellent acting, interesting and original directing. Lots to think about after the curtain had closed. Good film, recommend it.

Watched this a couple of months ago. Instantly forgot it.

The Last Witch Hunter: A few places where this could go but it is Horror. I saw a free Preview of it tonight. I like the idea of Michael Caine as a priest who is a handler for an assassin. Vin Diesel is no albino monk though he has more lines than usual. Diesel is the Witch Hunter, cursed by a Witch Queen he killed to live for eternity. Hes lasted 800 years so far and Caine is his 36th Dolan: chronicler/handler/confessor who works for a secret RCC Order. Caine is seemingly killed by a rogue witch and with his new 37th Dolan, Diesel seeks out the killers. He also picks up a Witch , Chloe Leslie as a sidekick.

Good Fantasy/Horror. 8/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1618442/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Macbeth: Saw this a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it is a Horror Film, even more so in this version with Michael Fassbender as Macbeth with Marion Cotillard as his Lady. Filmed mainly on Highland Heaths there is a lot of mist and fog for ghosts to lumber from Zombie-like. And they do appear as if they are Zombies especially Macbeth's son and Banquo. Savage battle scenes and gruesome murders.

A great interpretation of a great play. 9/10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2884018/

From the director who brought you 'Another film with a girl with long black hair covering her face' and the creators of 'Rustic farm house under siege somehow with people wearing checked shirts' ...... a new experience in terror ....

GHOST TITS! (rated R)

When I finished it I wasn't sure if it was a horror movie, even with horrific things happening in it like Noel Fielding getting his manhood bitten off, but AAAAAAAAH! is a very strange film, it might be a comedy. Basically, it's a tale of suburbia where everyone acts like chimps, so they are extremely territorial, get into vicious fights and bullying, and compete to shag Toyah Willcox. Looks very cheap, but has fairly famous people off the telly in it. Not for normal audiences.

Howl: A pretty good English Werewolf film! Horror on the midnight express as it breaks down in the middle of a forest. The driver goes to investigate but is swiftly devoured by a Werewolf. The rest of the crew and passengers then attempt to survive the onslaught of the creatures.

People are dragged through windows, after being bitten an old woman turns into a Werewolf. Blood, guts, limbs are thrown about. The Werewolves are more human-like in this case but having wolves teeth and triple jointed legs. In the early stages of transformation they look more like Zombies.

Directed by Paul Hyett known mostly for his special make up effects on Doomsday, The Children and The Descent. Definitely one to see. 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2393827/

You're certainly getting through these horror films at a rate of knots, Ramon!

Children Of The Night: An Argentinian Vampire film. A journalist who is researching a story about missing children is lured to a sanatorium in a remote area. There she finds a refuge for Vampire children, one of twelve in Argentina alone. These children were turned by Vampires and then left to fend for themselves

This is very much an adult Horror film. The children can levitate and swoop down on victims, tending to hunt in packs. When faced with Vampire hunters no mercy is shown by either side Stakes driven into the fledglings who retaliate by playing ball with the heads of slain hunters and skipping with their entrails.

On the lighter side there is a cat who turns into a bat and one of the children sleep levitates.

Not for the faint-hearted or squeamish. 7/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2945892/

The Green Inferno: A Cannibal Horror film. A group of Eco-Activists are flying back from a jungle site after a success full confrontation with jungle clearers when their plane crashes. The survivors are captured by a Cannibal tribe. On the Horror level it gets 5 stars. Gruesome isn't the word: people chopped up while still alive, eaten alive. Smeared with goo and staked for ants to eat alive. Not a film I will forget in a hurry.

Great cinematography and direction, good storyline and acting. Not for the squeamish or faint-hearted. 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2403021/

The next Paranormal Activity, out Halloween, is reportedly the final chapter (yep, we've heard that one before)

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension: Disappointing, a few shocks but the story-line was under-developed. Kids on old VHS tapes could see what was happening in the future (present). A Witches Coven was involved, if this theme had been expanded then it might have resulted in a better film. To make things worse the 3D wasn't working properly when I saw it. 4/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2473510/

To make things worse the 3D wasn't working properly when I saw it. 4/10
I liked it a bit better than you. But it didn't quite tie everything up as I was expecting.

Here's how the 3D worked at my showing - it didn't! Well, not for ten minutes anyway. I almost went to complain, but then they started using the old VHS camera which picks up ghosts, and all the ectoplasm, etc was in 3D! And that's how the film played out, in 2D except for the supernatural stuff, which worked very well I thought.

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension: Disappointing, a few shocks but the story-line was under-developed. Kids on old VHS tapes could see what was happening in the future (present). A Witches Coven was involved, if this theme had been expanded then it might have resulted in a better film. To make things worse the 3D wasn't working properly when I saw it. 4/10

Wait a minute - you saw a horror movie you didn't like?! My faith in the world is shaken to its foundations.

I only saw the first PA, and thought it was OK but nothing more. The sequels looked like the same thing over and over so I didn't bother.

Back