• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

I Saw A Space 1999 'Eagle'

Sorry August...

Something odd has been going on, doesn't seem that either I or TVGeek saw your posts.

I'd scrolled through a couple of times and was surprised no-one had picked it up earlier, as I've seen the image in dozens of places as I'm sure you have.

Can't think whether it's my brain, the message board or the PC that's playing up, I'm sorry I missed it you've got a pretty distinctive Avatar.

Apologies once more...

No worries!

Didn't mean to kick up any fuss, just thought it was a bit weird. Thought that my posts might not be getting through properly.

Right now, where were we? :eek:

Thanks guys, I've seen that one too, but it's not the one I remember.

I'll keep trawling and see what I can find.

I thought I remembered a different picture too, but I'm not so sure now that I'm not mis-remembering things.

I'd have thought that such an image might have been on this excellent site:

http://www.ufoartwork.com/

But it doesn't appear to be.

Any ideas where you remember seeing it, Quicksilver?

From my childhood, I think.

As the Net wasn't around then, it must have been in one of the old books that my parents had hanging around the house.

IIRC it shows many people with horrified looks on their faces staring up at crosses flying across the sky in one direction.

I seem to think it was a woodcut rather than a painting, but I may be wrong.

Masses of googling has brought up laods of stuff, including the one in your link AV, but the slideshow doesn't appear to work. :confused:

Hey ho, back to the searching.

If I'm not back in an hour............just wait longer. :D

I'm not ignoring August!!!
That just wasn't the picture I was remembering!

Still searching...
TVgeek

Back