Large Snakes

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
There are also Nagas. Some representation have them as huge water snakes. Some have a large serpent like appearance. Some are drawn like Mermaids, a topless woman on the end of a snake tail.

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
It's also where Negini in Harry Potter gets her name from

Mikefule

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
There are also Nagas. Some representation have them as huge water snakes. Some have a large serpent like appearance. Some are drawn like Mermaids, a topless woman on the end of a snake tail.
Anyone would think that men came up with the idea of these creatures.

Is there a thread somewhere about mythological or cryptid creatures that take the form of the bottom half of an animal, and the top half of a woman in a comfy loose fitting sweater with a turtle neck?

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Anyone would think that men came up with the idea of these creatures.

Is there a thread somewhere about mythological or cryptid creatures that take the form of the bottom half of an animal, and the top half of a woman in a comfy loose fitting sweater with a turtle neck?
Arctic Centaurs.

Aurora Newman

Ephemeral Spectre
Reaction score
Dracanope and Nure-Onna are much more 2 scarier species of half women half snake. Very similar when hunting. They disguise themselves in long robes, in shadows or in thick hedge. Both species only ever having their very beautiful faces on show. Men over the years come for a kiss, sometimes it's a more sexual thing like felato. But then Dracanope and Nure-Onna spring into action they are all snake from the neck down. They devour the men. Dracanope are slightly easier to spot they evolved their faces through the ages to look like women faces. So still ever so slightly snake like. Nure-Onna your dead for sure they have a human female head on them. Whether this actually means they are a normal snake or another larger species killing women and then climbing into their heads to wee woo men with is open to interpretation. I don't personally think the Nura-Onna do climb into women's heads. I believe they're just born with a human female head. So now the women think they have gotten away without no trouble, hold on, but what do I see there. Hello Mr. handsome it's a good thing I'm a lesbian because you don't fool me. Behold the male of the species Zhuyin. A man's head on a snakes body. They can control the weather by opening and closing their eyes. Which could really impress or scare a woman. They also have Dragon heritage in them. Some subspecies are still lethal but on the side of what is deemed good.

Analogue Boy

Bar 6
Reaction score
In Indo-china, the naga is a giant snake with a crest or fin on it's head.

http://www.cfz.org.uk/expeditions/00naga/naga1.htm

http://www.cfz.org.uk/expeditions/00naga/naga2.htm
I think Jeremy Wade made a pretty convincing argument the Naga is an Oarfish.
1613480975707.jpeg

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
You wouldn't forget an oarfish in a hurry.

Is it true they are found in all seas?

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I think Jeremy Wade made a pretty convincing argument the Naga is an Oarfish.
View attachment 35431
Oarfish are saltwater fish found in the deep sea. Dead or dying ones sometimes wash ashore but you would not find them in jungle rives like the Mekong. Neither can they slither about on land or lurk in abandoned temple basements.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Here's another massive one caught in Florida:

Python.jpeg

A Giant 185-Pound Florida Python May Be the New State Record​

Enough Burmese pythons have been captured and removed from Collier County, Florida, to weigh more than three fully-rigged F-150 Ford pickup truck.
Included in that cumulative one-county-only haul since 2013 are the heaviest female and male pythons on record in Florida: 185-pounds [captured most recently] and 140-pounds, respectively, according to Naples biologist Ian Bartoszek, and reported by South Florida ABC7-TV.
https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/florida-python-record/